Kyabram DFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be a cracking contest on Saturday. Two form teams going at it. Nagambie have certainly had a stellar decade built upon local talent.

Tallygaroopna are ran exceptionally well off field and could just be on the cusp of their dynasty.

There will be plenty of class acts running around in the Thirds too. The best thing about many of these players is that they will be able to step straight into their respective Senior teams in 2020. Which is why we value our junior competition so highly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's interesting to speak of dynasties. Since the intro of the points system Nagambie, Nathalia and Kyabram have played in everyone of their respective leagues GF being KDL, MFL and GV . Whilst all would be going into this weeks GF as favourites .

Think Nagambie will dominate the game. Have a 3 goal lead by quarter time, 7 goals by half time, and getting uglier after that.... unfortunately for the spectacle.

nagas by 35pts -either one of the Fothergill boys for BOG
Avenel by 16 - Lach Drummond BOG
Lancy after the siren - but one of the Shepp East boys to get BOG

Well TreeTrunk if all your tips go within 2 goals of your expected margins should be great footy all day!

My selection for the Mac medal 🏅 is James Milne
Braydon Avola
Kane Herbert
Today’s grannies
Lancy
Avenel
Nagambie/ Won’t be a blow out like a lot are predicting

My selection for the Mac medal is James Milne
Braydon Avola
Kane Herbert
Today’s grannies
Lancy
Avenel
Nagambie/ Won’t be a blow out like a lot are predicting

The wind is extremely strong today. Blowing in an east south east direction. Worth 4-5 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a decade of dominance by Nagaz. Very good locals topped up with quality recruits is a good recipe in any comp.Great to see Jason Shiels get a flag after horrific leg break a number of seasons ago.His brother Mick has had some career can anyone enlighten?I think 2 comp medals 3 or 4 flags and how many club b&fs?Old man Eddie was obviously a legend but gee Micks gotta be up there.Massive respect well done.

Been a decade of dominance by Nagaz. Very good locals topped up with quality recruits is a good recipe in any comp.Great to see Jason Shiels get a flag after horrific leg break a number of seasons ago.His brother Mick has had some career can anyone enlighten?I think 2 comp medals 3 or 4 flags and how many club b&fs?Old man Eddie was obviously a legend but gee Micks gotta be up there.Massive respect well done.

Would have to be 5 flags for Mick Shiels?? How many others have played in all of them? Maybe Jackson Hutton? 2010, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019.

If my memory serves me correct Jason played in 2014 when they come from behind to beat Merrigum. Kicked a couple I reckon. Nagambie have been super but its not really a level playing field against other Clubs in the Comp to which run their Club and put their team together.

If my memory serves me correct Jason played in 2014 when they come from behind to beat Merrigum. Kicked a couple I reckon. Nagambie have been super but its not really a level playing field against other Clubs in the Comp to which run their Club and put their team together.
Jackson missed a season with a torn Achilles Mick Shiels is the only 1 with 5 flags.
Nagambie has a good culture everyone plays for each other that’s why they have been powerful for so long and I’d say they will be red hots next year to go back to back.

Doc can you explain the level playing field comment a bit more
So if you we're on the League Board deciding points allocation would you provide Nagambie with the same Salary Cap and Points to work with as Girgarre, Undera, Longwood, Stanhope, Merrigum and virtually every other side in the Competition from a pint sized town? Nagambie used 35 points in the Grand Final how about sitting them at 30 points and trimming their cap to 65k and even the job up a bit.

So if you we're on the League Board deciding points allocation would you provide Nagambie with the same Salary Cap and Points to work with as Girgarre, Undera, Longwood, Stanhope, Merrigum and virtually every other side in the Competition from a pint sized town? Nagambie used 35 points in the Grand Final how about sitting them at 30 points and trimming their cap to 65k and even the job up a bit.
The league board doesn't decide points , whilst the ccsp doesn't permit varied salary cap.

Great for League so many talented youngsters playing in seniors with Fothergill getting BOG at GF and Avola is being backed by plenty to win medal. Both are teenagers!

Cheers Doc, yer it’s a hard one Nagambie has been blessed with a lot of home grown talent who have stayed in the area and not moved away , l think country footy is in need of some leadership, most leagues are out of balance and need help moving forward.

Horsham and District had a varied csp a couple of years ago 30k gap from highest to lowest. Not sure if they are still doing it. Makes sense.
It is a sustainability program not equalisation program . Not that I agree but the sole purpose is to restrict clubs from significantly improving their list in a short time frame.

It is a sustainability program not equalisation program . Not that I agree but the sole purpose is to restrict clubs from significantly improving their list in a short time frame.

Is that the official theory behind it Roar? I always thought it was about equalisation, and you’re the first person to point this out so I appreciate this as the theory of application is crucial to how it works. If it is all about sustainability I am a tad disappointed after following the system before it was statewide in the Mallee. I thought it should be used as Doc suggested and how it was used in Mid Murray League ( or Central Murray). Clubs like Nyah are given more points the further they are from Swan Hill and the smaller population the town has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back