Kyabram DFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting read on this forum.
Seems majority of people and opposition clubs are happy to see the club go down which is very disappointing I wouldn’t wish any country football club to be forced to close the doors being apart of the KDFL majority of my life I would hate to see any of the participants in the league gone.
The club has a strategic plan in place over a 5 year plan and has the backing of some corporate businesses in doing so and that is not what Shane Crawford has bought to the table the club is really shaping well.
I don’t understand why everyone has to be so negative about what the club in what steps they take to move forward Crawford reached out to the club to help rebuild it if it was any other club in the KDFL I guarantee it wouldn’t be an issue.
The club has been pushed around for far to long I for one won’t sit back an give up on something I love so much I an many others have put in too much hard work to just give up I am a father of 7 kids I work full time live in Melbourne and have travelled up 3 days a week this year and done a preseason to help support the club.
Many people involved at the club are heavily invested in making it better an stronger just remember Rome wasn’t built overnight an Ardmona will rise again and will maintain the structural plan that has been put in place no committee before this one at the club has really ever had business an structure plans in place.

Keego your passion for the club is to be admired and every club has passionate supporters but obviously Ardmona has far fewer than everyone else or they wouldn’t be in this predicament. You would appreciate the saying “ a player is not bigger than the club “ when tough decisions need to be made, the same goes for the league. If Ardmona being in the league was such an important thing, I guarantee clubs would be rallying behind them. So why aren’t they? Sorry for the rhetorical question, but if you have read the previous posts from people INVOLVED in KD clubs it is obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wonder if this will turn into a tv show like when the hammerheads played in the WRFL our at Kensington. Now there is no ch9 footy show could this be there next tv sports venture. It’s highly possible as the hammerheads were successful on field and on tv. I’m hearing Fevola will be playing most weeks as well. Let’s wait and see I guess.
The hammerheads were pre salary and points cap

My worry is that if there was a TV show (I can't see it happening) and nothing changed in the on-field side of things and the floggings continued then it is a bad look for Ardmona, the KDL and also for country football as well as the fact that the TV show would bomb.

Also, the Hammerheads lasted one year due to costs and that show was done in Melbourne. If this was to happen for Ardmona, then you'd need to add the cost of camera crews and other staff making regular return trips from Melbourne to the Goulburn Valley over a six month period (petrol, wages, accommodation, etc.). Unless Channel 9 could find a lot of sponsorship (up to seven figures) then it would just not be feasible.

Last edited:
Have heard that Tinkler and Morgan both leaving Avenel and heard the two Durnans won't be at the club next year either? Heard that mid-year so not sure if its true.

Yeah that’s right. All of those boys have already or are moving away to follow partners ventures or their own. Dean Giles will become a playing Assistant and has been busy with his connections to replace those boys who are all great players and ripper fellas.

No correspondence to clubs yet. I highly doubt they’ll get re-instated without clubs voting again.
That being the case I don’t like their chances.
My understanding was that the clubs/league had already decided to suspend Ardmona's membership who inturn had appealed to the local commission , which seems bazzar tbh as you'd think the leagues greivance proceedure would be the means for any appeal given it was a league membership suspension not an AFL affiliation suspension.

Last edited:
I thought that in 'the olden days' appeals like this would go to the VCFL.
My thinking is that the modern day equivalent of this scenario would be AFLGM acting on behalf of AFLV (I'm not sure how the process goes anymore).

I would think that, on this issue, the commission would be more active if it was an attempt to transfer to another league.

A parallel example (close but not exactly the same) would be Tatong and Swanpool's unsuccessful attempt to re-join the Ovens & King league after being excluded for the 2014 season after the release of an AFL Victoria Country review and then their failure to join the Picola South-East league in 2014 as a merged entity - the Samaria Suns.

After merging while in recess in 2014, the Suns' application to join the Picola league for the 2015 season was also rejected.

The Suns took to the field for the first time in 2016 as a masters (Over 35s) team and are still active.

Last edited:
I thought that in 'the olden days' appeals like this would go to the VCFL.
My thinking is that the modern day equivalent of this scenario would be AFLGM acting on behalf of AFLV (I'm not sure how the process goes anymore).

I would think that, on this issue, the commission would be more active if it was an attempt to transfer to another league.

A parallel example (close but not exactly the same) would be Tatong and Swanpool's unsuccessful attempt to re-join the Ovens & King league after being excluded for the 2014 season after the release of an AFL Victoria Country review and then their failure to join the Picola South-East league in 2014 as a merged entity - the Samaria Suns.

After merging while in recess in 2014, the Suns' application to join the Picola league for the 2015 season was also rejected.

The Suns took to the field for the first time in 2016 as a masters (Over 35s) team and are still active.
MortlockWatcher the tatong/swanpool appeal to AFLVic was due to the review conducted by them and assumingly removing their affilaition , if I am understanding the Ardmona scenario correctly it was the KDFNL who suspended their membership ?
It appears akin to a player appealing to the league for a club imposed sanction or a club refusing to accept a players membership.

MortlockWatcher the tatong/swanpool appeal to AFLVic was due to the review conducted by them and assumingly removing their affilaition , if I am understanding the Ardmona scenario correctly it was the KDFNL who suspended their membership ?
It appears akin to a player appealing to the league for a club imposed sanction or a club refusing to accept a players membership.

It was the closest scenario I could find (clubs trying to get back into a league) though, as you correctly say, the difference was a peak body review versus a league/club vote.

The fact that it is an internal KDL matter, then AFLGM would most likely prefer to leave the matter in-house and not get involved.

AFLGM would only want to get involved if it was an issue between two or more leagues, e.g. if Ardmona tried to join a neighbouring league and were rejected by the KDL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ardmona have been a joke for years I'm notsure anyone is that sad to see them gone. Its not a town anymore and why would play for them when shepp leagues pay better

So a sideshow not the Main Event

When has a team ever built a side around guys only playing every second week.

And we wonder way country footy struggles
Agreed!

I’m hearing:

Karolidis from Tallly to congupna. (Huge out but will fill the role)

Tinkler, Morgan and Duncan (knee reco) not playing at avenal all 3 are guns!

Cerone from Lanky to Elmore. Demasi to depart for work

Crawf to Ardy

Ryan Pfreiffer from Shepp Swans to Stanhope (mass get) quite a popular 24 year old, could bring some more too I hear.

Damon Carol to have a year off for the shoulder.

Parsons to rushy...... lol

Anyone else have news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back