Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

This is funny. You’re trying too hard here Hank, you blokes are clear favourites. Just like the last couple of years, you’ll have to deal with having the target on your back. I’m sure you’re good enough, starts from the top
Don’t worry I’m confident in our ability, but the reality is that we have two sides undefeated and we have lost two games and even if we won every game from here, we still might not make top 2, has anyone in the KDL won outside the Top 2 in the KDL since this system came in?

If I was a betting man Hank, I’d be backing we won’t be out off lockdown next Thursday night mate.. hope we are..
Be positive old mate!!! I bet ultra is happy that it didn’t roll the other way banning melbourne players from playing up north they would have been in a bit of strife with so many metro boys in their side So we will have to wait a little longer for this anticipated clash

Be positive old mate!!! I bet ultra is happy that it didn’t roll the other way banning melbourne players from playing up north they would have been in a bit of strife with so many metro boys in their side So we will have to wait a little longer for this anticipated clash
You’re not wrong there Swoop!
Word is that this weekends round will be moved to the split rounds and next weeks to queens birthday. As long as we are out next week as planned. Worst case scenario do we scrap the last two where we play the two teams for the second time?
I’d assume if need be finals can be played in October and cricket pushed back.

Word is that this weekends round will be moved to the split rounds and next weeks to queens birthday. As long as we are out next week as planned. Worst case scenario do we scrap the last two where we play the two teams for the second time?
I can handle any one of those scenarios mate like you said as long as we are clear by Thursday I’m confident we will 🙏

Reckon your on the right track there Ultra. This seems the scenario more popular with clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Worst case scenario do we scrap the last two where we play the two teams for the second time?
Lockdown will last more than 7 days what happens then ??
Scrapping the return games might be a bit harder than just moving rounds as we play Ardy for the first time in the last round.
As for more than 7 days, GV have already flagged the possibility of pushing the season back a week, KDL could easily do the same, and we also have the luxury of playing on the general bye to make up a couple of weeks.

Scrapping the return games might be a bit harder than just moving rounds as we play Ardy for the first time in the last round.
As for more than 7 days, GV have already flagged the possibility of pushing the season back a week, KDL could easily do the same, and we also have the luxury of playing on the general bye to make up a couple of weeks.
Season also has room to move back as well which was pre planned. The grand final public holiday on the Friday thrown up as a suitable KD grand final day. Would be brilliant imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reckon reserves will struggle to field teams if fixtures change to play on the queen’s birthday weekend...... be a lot of forfeits possibly

reckon reserves will struggle to field teams if fixtures change to play on the queen’s birthday weekend...... be a lot of forfeits possibly
Yep, but 7 sides would still have the bye, realise 8 sides still have to find teams, but probably best case scenario, pushing the season back also opens up a can of worms that won’t suit everyone, footy trips might be booked, families could have holidays booked as school holidays start the week after the GF also. Will be some unhappy people doesnt matter what way they go.

Re-start scheduled for June 19th.

Queens birthday will still be a bye and we’re back into it the weekend after.

Full 16 rounds.

Split round gone, both of those weeks to be the full compliment of games.

Round 8 games (last week) to be played in the second week of the split round.

Round 9 (this weekend) to be tacked onto the end of the current draw on August 28

Grand Final pushed back a week to be played on the AFL GF public holiday on a Friday.
Lots of sickies on the monday with a KDFL-AFL-GVFL triple header!!

Seems a good plan for now. Well done KDL. At least it’s something to aim for

Last edited:
Re-start scheduled for June 19th.

Queens birthday will still be a bye and into it the weekend after.

Full 16 rounds.

Split round gone, both of those weeks to be the full compliment of games.

Round 8 games to be played in the second week of the split round.

Round 9 to be tacked onto the end of the current draw on August 28

Grand Final pushed back a week to be played on the AFL GF public holiday on a Friday.
Lots of sickies on the monday with a KDFL-AFL-GVFL triple header!!

Seems a good plan for now. Well done KDL. At least it’s something to aim for

its great to have a plan but it is a bold plan given we don’t have a lockdown end date yet

its great to have a plan but it is a bold plan given we don’t have a lockdown end date yet

It’s certainly best case scenario at the moment. Next step will be reducing the season from 16 to 14 games. Playing each other once.
I imagine the league will work at getting a new draw ready for that scenario..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back