Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Rock up to Avenel around 11.30 ish, thinking plenty early to get pretty much any spot on the fence i want. .....ummm....yeh....is there a final on here today !!!, absolutely packed !!!....very good to see šŸ–’

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Same at Lancy mate no car parkā€™s biggest crowd Iā€™ve seen here Itā€™s Obvious people have missed footy

Halftime at Avenel - Ave 5.1.31 Nag 10.6.66. Avenel very good 1st qtr, pressure, run , link....Nagambie were a little bit scratchy, but u had the feeling they had more to offer. ....and 2nd qtr they did, they controlled the nurry ( and were allowed to by the drop off in pressure ) and make no mistake, 2 things will happen against a team like Nagambie when the midfield pressure drops and u let fwds like Haysom and Roberts loose out the back......pain and heartache !!. She by no means over but they Ave need to bring some grunt

Absolute thriller at the nest . Great fightback from Avenel with the coach leading from the front and with the winner 20 odd seconds from fulltime in front of one of the biggest derby crowds ive seen for a while. ....and I've seen 1 or 2 over the journey. A little bit of controversy at the Bald Hill goals tho in the last qtr

Same at Lancy mate no car parkā€™s biggest crowd Iā€™ve seen here Itā€™s Obvious people have missed footy

Be good to get your insight from the other side of the fence Swoopin? Defenceā€™s dominated but Lancaster had double inside 50s but couldnā€™t hurt on scoreboard.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Be good to get your insight from the other side of the fence Swoopin? Defenceā€™s dominated but Lancaster had double inside 50s but couldnā€™t hurt on scoreboard.

Wasnā€™t a bad little scrap up bootze 2 fierce rivals going for it I felt lancys entries into their forward 50 was very erratic when Tommy Davies went forward gig got right back in the game While heā€™s out there he has to be in the action IMO.The game didnā€™t reach any great heights because of backline dominance as you indicated I feel both sides can play a lot better than that and will have to if they are to challenge the Avenels, Nagambie,Murch Tol , ect Ps the ground and amenities lst class

Last edited:
It was a funny game jobbytonnny, a lot of players came in and out. Thought Max Lawrence had a real good 1st qtr as did Avola and Anderson looked dangerous early. The coach put his body on the line a few times and had a good last qtr. Subba was good, Watts and Clarke down back to. The other Lawrence boy wasn't bad but gets his dukes to a few without finishing off. For the visitors Haysom is a gun, couple of their young kids held their own, Blake Fothergill was good and Biggs and 1 or 2 others down back fought well. Jacko Hutton got hit by a sniper on the grassy knoll....straight in the right hammy. Thats the way i saw it anyway jobbytonnny.
Lion l would be interested in your best for both teams

It was a funny game jobbytonnny, a lot of players came in and out. Thought Max Lawrence had a real good 1st qtr as did Avola and Anderson looked dangerous early. The coach put his body on the line a few times and had a good last qtr. Subba was good, Watts and Clarke down back to. The other Lawrence boy wasn't bad but gets his dukes to a few without finishing off. For the visitors Haysom is a gun, couple of their young kids held their own, Blake Fothergill was good and Biggs and 1 or 2 others down back fought well. Jacko Hutton got hit by a sniper on the grassy knoll....straight in the right hammy. Thats the way i saw it anyway jobbytonnny.

Good game to watch after 18 months off, thought the Lakers were gunna run away with it but the Swans came out a completely different side after half time. Avola/Haysom serious guns. Swans ruckman BOG for me, not sure what his name is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had same thoughts at halftime as Nagambie were controlling possession. Paul "Subba" Arandt no. 30 would've been my pick of the better ruckman , took some telling marks in the 2nd half.
Good game to watch after 18 months off, thought the Lakers were gunna run away with it but the Swans came out a completely different side after half time. Avola/Haysom serious guns. Swans ruckman BOG for me, not sure what his name is

Absolute thriller at the nest . Great fightback from Avenel with the coach leading from the front and with the winner 20 odd seconds from fulltime in front of one of the biggest derby crowds ive seen for a while. ....and I've seen 1 or 2 over the journey. A little bit of controversy at the Bald Hill goals tho in the last qtr

Iā€™m hearing bumper crowds all round. Let hope that people keep getting behind their local teams after the year off.

Are Longwood under the same pressure as Ardmona regarding on field performance? Hate seeing results like that
After coming from the Benalla and district league I think in 2010 they have really struggled in the KDL roota bottom 2 in most of those years Chillcott sprung a bit of life in them and at least made them competitive a while back But right at this moment itā€™s not looking good. History shows if youā€™re displaying this type of footy now it only gets worse as the season continues

After coming from the Benalla and district league I think in 2010 they have really struggled in the KDL roota bottom 2 in most of those years Chillcott sprung a bit of life in them and at least made them competitive a while back But right at this moment itā€™s not looking good. History shows if youā€™re displaying this type of footy now it only gets worse as the season continues

i honestly dunno how they turn it around. I know the bloke coaching and good on him but without points exemptions and salary cap relief how do you get back?

Inglewood are in the same boat over here. If you are a battler it is harder then ever to get back

Chilcott is a ripper bloke

Iā€™m not to sure what they do Roota, there is a good bunch of people running the club but there has to be a burn out point they canā€™t put the amount of time in and keep ending near the bottom.
One way may be if the local leagues went to divisional football , they could be in a div 4 which would put them against teams in the same boat , it might help with attracting more people or maybe merge with another club , l just donā€™t see a way in the near future that they can get out of the situation they are in, without more points or a higher salary cap.

Wasnā€™t a bad little scrap up bootze 2 fierce rivals going for it I felt lancys entries into their forward 50 was very erratic when Tommy Davies went forward gig got right back in the game While heā€™s out there he has to be in the action IMO.The game didnā€™t reach any great heights because of backline dominance as you indicated I feel both sides can play a lot better than that and will have to if they are to challenge the Avenels, Nagambie,Murch Tol , ect Ps the ground and amenities lst class
Best players from both sides? Looked like the third quarter was the big difference for lancy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back