Society/Culture Kyle Rittenhouse

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
If he really did come out and say he supports people protesting for better treatment of black populations, and publicly rejected advances to appear on the worst of the alt-right shows, picked a balanced, professional news organisation to talk to, that would probably get many people to at least listen to his own side of the story.

I know I would more readily accept that he isn’t revelling in the notoriety as it looks like he is now.
Which networks would you pick?? Let me see should I go on Fox who reviewed the case and stated that it was self defence after viewing the footage or CNN who decided he was guilty still after the verdict and MSNBC who were trying to harass jurors before the verdict and are still defaming him days after the trial. Maybe he should let Joy Reid or Van Jones interview him.. Or maybe go on the view.

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Which networks would you pick?? Let me see should I go on Fox who reviewed the case and stated that it was self defence after viewing the footage or CNN who decided he was guilty still after the verdict and MSNBC who were trying to harass jurors before the verdict and are still defaming him days after the trial. Maybe he should let Joy Reid or Van Jones interview him.. Or maybe go on the view.
ROAR, and very good!

"Crossed state lines!"

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Yep all that money being thrown at him. Not having to go to jail for 15 years for murder. Totally going bad for him.

karma is not a thing. Stop trying to rewrite the world as if it is.
He's clearly a state line crosser. I don't think there can be any doubt about it now. The jury is no longer out on this. He'll be labelled a state line crosser forever now. He deserves it. The gall.

Jafa

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2002
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subi
The media are having such a hard time framing the Waukesha incident. Apparently it was an SUV that did the killing.

FFAs28qXIAA3txI.jpg

JW2468

Debutant
Dec 29, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Is comparing KR to say Timothy Simpkin worthwhile? One kept in jail on charges for a couple of months and $2M bail the other a day or two and $75k bail.

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
So there is a protest being organised by ASU to have Kyle removed as a student from the college.

So I wonder what the deal was when the prosecution said they wanted to call in a rebuttal witness who was from the college regarding Kyle’s testimony that he attended the University?

I haven’t seen this brought up again or discussed anywhere.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
It will be interesting to see if the conservative press see Chrystul Kizer as a media darling, given she too also killed a sexual deviant and is claiming self defence.

Prosecutors say Ms Kizer planned to kill Volar because she wanted to steal his BMW. But her attorneys argue that she acted in self defence after suffering years of sexual abuse at Volar’s hands.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It will be interesting to see if the conservative press see Chrystul Kizer as a media darling, given she too also killed a sexual deviant and is claiming self defence.

If her claims are found to be legitimate then she may well get off. I think the link to the Rittenhouse case is a bit of a stretch though. I'm sure there have been other, more similar cases to hers that would be a much better comparison.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Looks like the Supreme Court is going to mess with Roe v Wade. There's something deeply f***ed up about a country that protects someone like Rittenhouse but criminalises women having a medical procedure that might save their life.
Another rather interesting topic to somehow relate to the Rittenhouse verdict. Some very strange comparisons being made of late.

No it's not. Bows being stretched big time.
If a kid can get off a murder charge claiming self defence but a women can't get a basic medical procedure without being labelled a criminal, do you not think there might be an issue or two with the legal system over there?

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If a kid can get off a murder charge claiming self defence but a women can't get a basic medical procedure without being labelled a criminal, do you not think there might be an issue or two with the legal system over there?
I get what you are trying to say.

But all you are really doing is having a winge about two completely unrelated things you don't agree with. Then packaging it up in to something (those crazy cats in America) you think everyone will agree with.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
Looks like the Supreme Court is going to mess with Roe v Wade. There's something deeply f***ed up about a country that protects someone like Rittenhouse but criminalises women having a medical procedure that might save their life.
Surely if the woman feels that her life is somehow threatened, and going by the Rittenhouse case there is no real true measure of this fear, by the presence of the foetus in her body, then she is in her right to terminate that life.

Back