Player Watch Lcoemwe to Port Adelaide Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

GA3TcFmbkAAEtEx

I read that Soldo is originally from Canberra (or at least spent a lot of his early years there).

I know that the ACT has had some fairly handy players such as Jesaulenko and Hird etc, but does anyone know of any Port players (AFL or pre '97 SANFL years) that were from Canberra?

I read that Soldo is originally from Canberra (or at least spent a lot of his early years there).

I know that the ACT has had some fairly handy players such as Jesaulenko and Hird etc, but does anyone know of any Port players (AFL or pre '97 SANFL years) that were from Canberra?
Not sure,but didn’t Robert Whatman come from Canberra.

Not sure,but didn’t Robert Whatman come from Canberra.

He did and had a distinctive running style where he would tuck the ball under his arm rugby style, then bounce.

Played for Manuka and Geelong before coming to Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logan Austin was from Canberra

Was watching the 1984 GF on fox footy last night and is it just me or does Ivan Soldo look a lot like Roger Merrett?

All I want is a ruckman that can hit taps to advantage, and jump in the air and take a mark around the ground. How is it that our recruiters have failed to identify a single bloke who can do these basic things in the last 10 years

All I want is a ruckman that can hit taps to advantage, and jump in the air and take a mark around the ground. How is it that our recruiters have failed to identify a single bloke who can do these basic things in the last 10 years

I really hope his marking, which has been a decent feature of his shows up in our game style. We’ve missed it and if we can have a ruck who presents as a marking option between the arcs it will be so good for us and us port fans will enjoy it.

Big fella has a broken little finger. Out for a month.

Not ideal but just about best case scenario in terms of if you have to have an injury and timing.

He can still run.

All i want is Max Gawn, is that too much to ask for?

Ryder went ok...
Surprisingly, didn't take a lot of marks in defence or around the middle of the ground. Was brilliant at the hit-out, and often took marks when resting forward. I don't recall him being a prolific marker in general play. Lade, Primus and Brogan seemed to do more around the ground for us than anyone else we've had in the past decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back