Player Watch Lcoemwe to Port Adelaide Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

Several levels above what we've had since Ryder left. Already has better chemistry with the mids than Lycett ever had, is good with ball in hand, good footy brain, gets forward and kicks goals. Like night and day at stoppages. Positive and looking to get us in a good position instead of just playing ruck as defensively as possible.

Enjoyed his debut today. He will come up against better opposition, but he really tried to tap the ball to the advantage of team mates, pushed forward to be a threat and laid off some very neat foot passes, plus he plays with some genuine aggression.

He also stooges the shot clock with ease. Starts his run up on 0 seconds, which is basically walking up to the spot where he starts his run up. Kicks the ball straight too.

Was great today but even this year's starting ruckman for the VAFA Uni Blues pantsed Bailey Williams a couple of seasons ago. What I'm very interested to see is how big Ivan goes up against Toby Nankervis next week.

Was great today but even this year's starting ruckman for the VAFA Uni Blues pantsed Bailey Williams a couple of seasons ago. What I'm very interested to see is how big Ivan goes up against Toby Nankervis next week.

Well he’s had plenty of practice rucking against Toby Nankervis over the years.

Amazing how bad Lycett was for years lol.

Big Ivan might not be a superstar but he just needs to be solid, and he absolutely was that. 2 snags as well? When's the last time Lycett did that?
Lycett had 2 goals (and 14 hitouts) for us once, vs Collingwood in 2019 in a game where he rucked with Ryder (1 goal, 25 hitouts).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should run set shot goal kicking practice. His length of run up, build of momentum and importantly does not get too close to the man on the mark. Richmond must have a kicking coach.

His centre square ruck work is a little soft, I thought West Coast were reading him with ease.

He was maybe saving his body. it’s only round one.

So you weren't soldo on his performance?

We will have to how Soldo holds his own against the best of the competition but I thought he was very impressive today.

There were a fair few taps that were missed by the midfield especially early in the game.
His work around the ground is very good.
He likes a bit of biff.
He is a very good kick and is a smart player.
He kicked two very good goals.
And can take a relieving mark.
If he makes a mistake or is beat, he comes back harder. I really like that about him.

I'm not sure how much latitude we should give GWS supporters like sobrave when it comes to bad puns? ;)

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Glad to see Soldo getting some appreciation.

Was a huge fan at Richmond. Bit of a fan favourite with the mullet etc.

Always thought he was a better tap than Nankervis, can clunk a mark here and there, and is quite accurate within 30m of goal.

Doesn't mind being physical too.

Also one of the nicest damned blokes you could ever meet.

Wish him all the best and very happy for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back