Player Watch Lcoemwe to Port Adelaide Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he beat Nank personally, and I'm not surprised.

I wish Nank wasn't captain. I'd rather have kept Soldo and even now I'd consider playing Naismith ahead of him.

All heart.

We got lucky.

Not luck mate, PA did their due diligence and got a good player who has been second fiddle in a dynasty era.

What's not to love about a big, strong, friendly giant who gives 100%?

We used to love Ivan Maric for the same reason.

Was okay today but anything less than dropping his pants, bending over and handing Nank a bottle of lube would've been an improvement on what our last three rucks offered against him.

Wouldn't surprise me if he delivers for Port this year, like what Aliir delivered in his first year with Port in 2021.

I'm talking output. Probably no chance of being named in All Oz team, might make AA40 squad, but like Aliir I can see him being named in in the top 10 even top 5 in the B&F voting. Just checked, Aliir was 3rd behind Ollie and Boaky in 2021.

Another good game from Soldo.

Lets see what he can do against the Gawn this week.
I think he'll hold his own.

He has previously and whenever we played against teams with monster rucks I always wanted Soldo in the side. He's a physical beast.

He's played vs Gawn twice only though.

First time Soldo had 14 HO from 62% game time, 13 touches, 1 goal, 4 tackles, 5 clearances.
Gawn 26 HO from 86% TOG, 19 touches, no score, 1 tackle, 1 clearance, and somehow came away with 2 Brownlow votes lol.

Last time they lined up together Soldo had 26 HO from 80% TOG, 10 disp, 1 goal, 5 clearances and 6 tackles.
Gawn who was BOG/3 brownies with 40 HO from 89% TOG, 28 disp, 1 tackle, 11 clearances and 1 behind.

Beaten but not smashed IMO.

Does anyone else love the way Soldo actually taps the ball into the path of our mids to run onto?

Apparently it's called a hitout.. to.. advantage? Have you ever seen a RUCKMAN do that?!

Does anyone else love the way Soldo actually taps the ball into the path of our mids to run onto?

Apparently it's called a hitout.. to.. advantage? Have you ever seen a RUCKMAN do that?!

Saw a guy called Sam Hayes do it once or twice.

Lobbe was brilliant at getting it down the throat of the oppositions best mid.

Not our mids, who seem to more often than not, fail to run onto the ball but are looking around Ivan's bootlaces.

Some unlearning to be done.

Any love for the big fella this week?

Didn't watch it unfortunately but the stats look decent.

Bummed, I picked Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any love for the big fella this week?

Didn't watch it unfortunately but the stats look decent.

Bummed, I picked Port.
I thought he was pretty good. I think most people think Gawn smacked him but he needs to spend more time working with the mids as he does get his hand on the ball enough. He worked well around the ground but just not to the extent of Max but he's a beast in that way.

Soldo is not up to single handedly carrying our rucks against a monster like Max Gawn. Ivan is a solid ruckman who will do well against other solid performers but Gawn in form is something else.

Max Gawn had 50 effective hit outs last night and that is a lot. Gawn also had 20 possessions around the ground with 6 marks. Soldo's stats were OK as he had 24 hit outs with 16 possessions and 2 marks but Gawn was clearly BOG and the difference between the two sides.

Soldo is doing OK and I am not knocking him but for chrissake Hinkley give the poor bastard some help in ruck. We had options last night but did not use them. As an example Scott used Ratugolea as a support ruckman with some success at Geelong yet he is not on Hinkley's radar. Maybe Esava has told Ken he does not want to play as a part time ruckman? It seems to be the way it works these days.

The bottom line is I am happy enough with Ivan's efforts but he needs help in ruck.

Ratugolea has one job and one job only for the next 50 odd games. Aliirs form turned to crap Rucking for the Swans.

We could rotate the Rucks?

3 weeks on and Sweet or Dante a game or 2?

That could keep Soldo on top of the ground and lessen the injury risk?

He was mentioned as suffering knee soreness during the week. Soreness any soreness with his size and workload sets off an alarm for mine. Plays though it and it doesn't get better and he plays though it again and a month from now we have Scott Lycett.

Didn’t we win the clearances?
Yeah, we did.

Hit outs
Port Adelaide 30
Melbourne 55

Clearances
Port Adelaide 52
Melbourne 37

Centre Clearances
Port Adelaide 16
Melbourne 11

Stoppage Clearances
Port Adelaide 36
Melbourne 26

Yes we won the clearances but as I like to say there are clearances and then there are clearances.

Drew with 10
Wines with 9
Soldo with 8

Rozee with 5
Butters with 3

Centre Clearances

Rozee 2
Butters 1

Yeah, we did.

Hit outs
Port Adelaide 30
Melbourne 55

Clearances
Port Adelaide 52
Melbourne 37

Centre Clearances
Port Adelaide 16
Melbourne 11

Stoppage Clearances
Port Adelaide 36
Melbourne 26

Yes we won the clearances but as I like to say there are clearances and then there are clearances.

Drew with 10
Wines with 9
Soldo with 8

Rozee with 5
Butters with 3

Centre Clearances

Rozee 2
Butters 1
Don’t frees count to clearance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back