Leaked Indigenous Jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

At least it's not Bill Leaked.
nodding_clint_eastwood.gif

I would tell Sarrita while she may be a very fine artist, that she missed the mark on that occasion. Unsure if you've heard of the saying that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder?'

Here's an idea - politely acknowledge your preference for this design rather than refer to previous iterations OF THE EXACT SAME DESIGN PRINCIPLE as "garbage" or that they "missed the mark". Because frankly, your taste appears to be in your garbage chute.

Yes the kangaroo is asymmetric. But in my opinion, that is what sets the whole design apart as brilliant in context of an artistic rendering in indigenous style.

Yeah ok. In that context the jumper is a very good effort.

Here's an idea - politely acknowledge your preference for this design rather than refer to previous iterations OF THE EXACT SAME DESIGN PRINCIPLE as "garbage" or that they "missed the mark". Because frankly, your taste appears to be in your garbage chute.
Here's an idea, I'll comment and criticise art as I see fit and you do the same. It's entirely subjective.

Here's an idea, I'll comment and criticise art as I see fit and you do the same. It's entirely subjective.

Yeah, great. Be as rude as you like because you're behind a keyboard, and it's your right to be rude, isn't it?

How about you don't insult us all by labeling something "rubbish" and then stating that you're "criticising art".

Or even better, go back to Facebook.

But you think that Shaun Atley is a star too.
Oh no, I am fully aware now that he is not the star I hoped he would be, but I now place the blame solely on Brad Scott. :D

Yeah, great. Be as rude as you like because you're behind a keyboard, and it's your right to be rude, isn't it?

How about you don't insult us all by labeling something "rubbish" and then stating that you're "criticising art".

Or even better, go back to Facebook.

I did not like the look of the first jumpers but love this one. I'm really not sure where you get off lecturing at me like that. It's not like I used offensive language, just said that they looked like garbage. Plenty of worse words once could use.

I did not like the look of the first jumpers but love this one. I'm really not sure where you get off lecturing at me like that. It's not like I used offensive language, just said that they looked like garbage. Plenty of worse words once could use.

as a designer, if someone called a design of mine "garbage" i would be offended and shattered.
calling someones design, especially when you dont understand the concept "garbage" is offensive. whether you think it is or not.

if you had said something like," i love this jumper, but the previous ones werent my taste", it would have gone down a whole lot better......

Ok, Ill take this on face value. I must admit that I found the use of the term garbage a bit odd, I mean I like this version more than last years one. Although I didn't like last years because the design was too subtle and didn't look too different to the regular blue guernsey.

You were demonstrative in your language on this and other topics and people disagreed on it. It's got nothing to do with left wing apologising, being precious or a snowflake.

As for the Scotty thing if you have been around on the board you'd have known about the in-joke, it seems weird that you would go to fight mode straight off the bat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its the worst one we've had. :(
I feel I need to point out that I think the others are very, very good, this one is just a step below. Dont hurt me guys.

The indidginous jumpers are an artists expression of their proud heritage which they get to portray to a massive audience. They are always going to appeal to some more than others but to label them garbage is totally disrespectful. There are plenty of other terms that you could have used to pass on your opinions. This is where the angst from others on the board has come from.

I feel I need to point out that I think the others are very, very good, this one is just a step below. Dont hurt me guys.

Don't turn up to the game tomorrow and definitely don't meet me in the social club.

Kangaroo is on the skinny (but I like it)

You'd sooner drink punch?

I don't even know now. I was just reverse psychology-ing him. I was even going to tell him not to buy me a beer :(

I've really liked the jumpers, especially the first one. This one almost looks to have made the aboriginal markings less distinct (as did the last one). I'm much happier with clearer and defined markings, as they have always put a lot of work into the story of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back