Least funniest Australian comedians on tv

Remove this Banner Ad

Who does he 'borrow' from??

Minchin might be mildly interesting - I'll take your word for that, I've yet to see anything from him that was interesting - but he most certainly isn't funny.

I disagree with you about funny & banal being inferior to funny & interesting. Funny is funny. To me, it doesn't matter whether it's somebody farting, dick jokes, Ford Fairlane, Jackass, Jim Carrey or Mr Bean. If it's funny and makes me laugh, then it's a thumbs up from me. If it's something more highbrow, I dunno... an old Woody Allen movie? Or Louis CK's show, "Louie"... Doug Stanhope? It isn't necessarily better because it's smart humour. It still needs to be funny. I'm not going to laugh purely because the wit is "elevated" and "clever".
I agree that funny is funny, but you don’t remember a fart joke the next week. Comedy that is incisive and clever will have you laughing and thinking about it in days and weeks to come. That’s the genius of comics like Carlin and Hicks. I get that Gadsby isn’t for everybody but she had some good jokes and also made points that we were well worth thinking about. I didn’t agree with everything she said but it was interesting and thought provoking. Seeing her break down the art of stand-up was also compelling.

Also, Storm is the best thing Minchin has done and it’s genius. A nine minute beat poem that will make you laugh and appreciate life.

bill hicks is a respected by all the industry 2 this day

We need a bill hicks more then ever these days
Watched Joe Rogan latest special on netflix last week and he spent half of it excusing himself
He pussified

Jim jefferies (ozzie)
Joe diaz
Bill burr
The Von
Bobby Lee
Comedians if ya wanna keep it real

The late ralphie may

Jefferies has more "funny" in his little finger than Minchin, Hills or any other Aussie hack that works the UK comedy scene with their sophomoric Uni Revue style "humour"

Don't get me wrong: I'm not a huge fan of Jeffries. I've enjoyed his specials and talk show/podcast appearances. Yeah, he swears a lot and plays up the Aussie yobbo angle for his American fans, but the guy is a legitimate gun stand up comic and a naturally funny story-teller. I've listened to plenty of podcasts that he's been on, Opie & Anthony, Marc Marron, etc, and he ALWAYS delivers. Always brings the big laughs, livens up the shows and makes the other comics in the room better

The bits and pieces I've seen of the 'Jim Jeffries Show' are very good. I think he is a lot smarter than most people give him credit for. I think he just plays dumb. Part of his schtick.

Those other guys are amateurs in comparison. Dorks. Cringeworthy. Embarrassingly shithouse. I honestly don't understand what anyone sees in them. F**kin Adam Hills and that Tim Minchin campaigner.... They make me wanna punch them in the face.

I'm a huge Opie and Anthony fan too - Jim Jeffries was pretty funny on his appearances on there. I just YouTubed this Tim Minchin guy and wow....he's awful.

Do you watch Anthony Cumia's webcast?

Some derpa tried 2 extort him with a pic of him snorting coke off a chicks ass
He sent them other pics of it going bak years
real deal and depressed as damn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hannah Gadsby trying to go toe to toe with Norm MacDonald on Twitter was hilarious.
Did she really? Oh dear.

The fact that Will Anderson is probably the largest Australian based comedian says it all. Melbourne would be a hard town to do comedy in now so wont hold out hope of it improving. When guys like Titus O'Reilly and that dude who did banners for the bulldogs are getting paid TV gigs then you know the end is near.

James "The Professor" Rochford is dog s**t bad on Fox Sports. Google says he used to work for The Footy Show (NRL) which probably says it all. Know the right people in the TV business and you'll get six figures to make absolute crap.

Did she really? Oh dear.
I hadn't heard about this either, just looked it up. Now, I've always kinda liked Norm McDonald, but you'd be hard pressed to come to the conclusion that he came out the winner here. He criticised Nanette, while admitting he'd not actually seen it, defended Louis CK and Roseanne, then apologised to everyone via Twitter. As for Gadsby, she put out one tweet that mimicked his comments and called him a dick; that seems to be it.

I'm a huge Opie and Anthony fan too - Jim Jeffries was pretty funny on his appearances on there. I just YouTubed this Tim Minchin guy and wow....he's awful.
I’m not really a fan of O&A. Just picked and choosed past episodes that were uploaded on YouTube, mainly depending on who was on: Bill Burr, Louis CK, Jim Jeffries, etc

Jim Norton is pretty fckn funny on that show.

One of the other guys - not sure if it’s Opie or Anthony, I never know which is which - but he comes across as a really mean-spirited, hyper-aggressive arsehole who revels in making racist, sexist, homophobic comments purely as a “f**k you” to anyone who may take offence. It’s okay when the others are on song, otherwise it can be a little wearing.

I liked the show they once did on “faggiest” music videos from the 80s. That was some funny s**t

Do you watch Anthony Cumia's webcast?
No. Good?

He wasn't funny, at all.
Yes he was.

Most stand-up comedy ages badly. It’s more like milk than fine wine. It needs to be consumed while the gags and pop culture references are still current.

The thing which Hicks knockers don’t seem to understand was that he was a fearless, non-conformist, groundbreaking comedian who influenced a generation of followers. He went totally against the grain of what 99.9% of comedians were doing in the late 80s

It’s a bit like saying “I don’t find Richard Pryor or George Carlin funny”. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course. But you probably won’t get a lot support from others when you s**t on legends.

Last edited:
Kath and Kim is my favourite sitcom. It's genius. I don't know the actual Kath and Kim's comic work outside of it, but for it alone they should be commended.

Sent from mTalk

Kath and Kim is my favourite sitcom. It's genius. I don't know the actual Kath and Kim's comic work outside of it, but for it alone they should be commended.

Sent from mTalk
Kath and Kim nailed middle-class Australia better than most, although Upper Middle Bogan gives it a good run. Go to any shopping mall any day of the week and you will pass half a dozen Kath/Kim types, being served by Pru/Trude types.

Oddly, Upper Middle Bogan is some of Glenn Robbins' least funny work, a rare blip on his CV.

Kath and Kim nailed middle-class Australia better than most, although Upper Middle Bogan gives it a good run. Go to any shopping mall any day of the week and you will pass half a dozen Kath/Kim types, being served by Pru/Trude types.

Oddly, Upper Middle Bogan is some of Glenn Robbins' least funny work, a rare blip on his CV.

Upper middle seems more out there, slapstick to me, Kath & Kim is more fly on the wall style. Everything right down to the cheesy score music is nailed.

Sent from mTalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back