Analysis Let's Construct Our Best 22 - Part 2: Midfielders

Who should be our starting six midfielders?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following on from here: Analysis - Let's Construct our Best 22 - Vote To Build BigFooty AFC Team for 2023 - Part 1: Forwards

Our forwards have been selected by the board and the results are as follows:

1. Taylor Walker (96.9%)
1. Darcy Fogarty (96.9%)
1. Izak Rankine (96.9%)
4. Shane McAdam (84.4%)
4. Josh Rachele (84.4%)
6. Riley Thilthorpe (48.4%)
----------
7. Luke Pedlar (45.3%)
8. Ben Keays (43.8%)
9. Brayden Cook (1.6%)

Very tight battle for the 6th position between Thilthorpe, Pedlar and Keays

Therefore our best 22 forward line thus far is

HF Izak Rankine - Taylor Walker - Josh Rachele
F Riley Thilthorpe - Darcy Fogarty - Shane McAdam

Time to vote on the midfielders! We need to select:

R Ruckman - Ruck Rover - Rover
C Wing - Center - Wing

As with the last poll I've included anyone reasonably expected to play midfield.

What happens if ROB doesn't get enough votes, does Rory Laird ruck?

I’ve got

soligo berry laird and strawnie in the centre

dawson and hinge on either wing - with shoey coming off the bench to relieve. although I accidentally voted for shoey over hinge and didn’t check before I hit “cast vote”

I’m literally done with ROB. The bloke is hot garbage.

Yes

But seriously, I will choose the highest rated ruck to play ruck so our best 22 isn't silly
scooby doo fighting GIF

Laird vs Pruess

At least 3 voters haven't ticked six boxes. (225 from 38 at time of writing)

Looks like the strong BF preference is for Laird, Berry and Soligo to start with ROB in the guts, with the starting wingers a bit ambiguous.

IMO our best wingmen are Hinge and Dawson. I suspect the low votes for Dawson arise from the expectation he will play back. I doubt anyone has him starting on the pine. Sloane to relieve from the bench.

I had Schoenberg with Keays starting on the bench for the CBA rotations, but looks like about 60-70% of voters include him with Laird, Berry and Soligo for the starting six. Maybe they see him playing wing. Looked to me like he spent some time on the far wing against WC, but I couldn't always pick up who it was on the far side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting, if half the people aren't putting Dawson on the wing, so he might not get in. And maybe he doesn't get voted into a halfback slot either, if the rest of us do the opposite.

Statistically we could leave the captain out!
There's no way he slips through the interchange vote worst case. Probably a certainty for defense though

At least 3 voters haven't ticked six boxes. (225 from 38 at time of writing)

Looks like the strong BF preference is for Laird, Berry and Soligo to start with ROB in the guts, with the starting wingers a bit ambiguous.

IMO our best wingmen are Hinge and Dawson. I suspect the low votes for Dawson arise from the expectation he will play back. I doubt anyone has him starting on the pine. Sloane to relieve from the bench.

I had Schoenberg with Keays starting on the bench for the CBA rotations, but looks like about 60-70% of voters include him with Laird, Berry and Soligo for the starting six. Maybe they see him playing wing. Looked to me like he spent some time on the far wing against WC, but I couldn't always pick up who it was on the far side.
Counting is hard

I want Dawson on a wing but Nicks will play him back, so like a lot of voters, I've left him out to vote on him at HB where the MC will play him :-(

Sme thoughts with ROB who I think is rubbish, but we all know he'll be there for first bounce R1 so just vote for him to make the team we select somewhat likely.

Pedlar, Sloane, Keays certainties for the bench vote

I want Dawson on a wing but Nicks will play him back, so like a lot of voters, I've left him out to vote on him at HB where the MC will play him :-(

Sme thoughts with ROB who I think is rubbish, but we all know he'll be there for first bounce R1 so just vote for him to make the team we select somewhat likely.

Pedlar, Sloane, Keays certainties for the bench vote
We all know ROB is gonna be there.. it sucks.

They are gonna flog the dead horse until it becomes a complete and utter joke..

Because they gave him a huge contract after his B&F performance.. now they need to back that decision.

Bearded Clam wants Keays in there
I did notice that Keays didnt make the cut for the forward line amougst the crows BF posters that voted.

He moved into that forward line last year in that carlton game.. had a ripper.. then did little since until the WC trial the other night.. when he had another rippper.. one ripping game in every 5 or 6 isnt good enough.

And so, looking at the voting, it seems most agree with me..

We have better more consistent and promising options now.. and people voted for them.

He isnt even “first drop” for a spot in that forward line.. Pedlar beat him to that.

Now he’s also not being picked for the midfield group..

Seems he’s very quickly becoming a fringe player that will be named by most as a bencher or the sub..

People are actually starting to notice the same things I have for well over a year now.

Hes a great team man that unfortunately just isnt good at football… and we now have far better options moving in to take his spot.

This is a good thing and should be recognised and embraced.

It doesnt mean you hate Benny.. it means you want whats best for the team moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back