Analysis Let's Construct our Best 22 - Vote To Build BigFooty AFC Team for 2023 - Part 1: Forwards

Who should be our starting six forwards?

• Lachlan Murphy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rory Sloane

• Ned McHenry

• Harry Schoenberg

• Wayne Milera

• Elliott Himmelberg

• Tariek Newchurch

• Lachlan Gollant

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have seen this concept on a few other boards and talked about a bit on here as well.

Obviously many discussions on what best 22 we should roll out this year, so now is your time to vote!

There will be four polls covering forwards, midfielders, defenders and the interchange. In this poll, the 6 top voted players will be selected for our forward line. However those that are not selected will have a chance to make the interchange, or maybe not the team at all.

We need to select:

HF: Half Forward Flank | Centre Half Forward | Half Forward Flank
FF: Forward Pocket | Full Forward | Forward Pocket

You can choose from any player reasonably expected to play in the forward line, which I've listed in the poll above.

After 48 hours we'll close the poll and move on to the midfield, and so on until our best 22 is built.

Himmelberg and Frampton are fool's gold

Occasionally they will put in a great preseason or even minor round game that makes you wonder if it's clicked for them and they'll perhaps start producing that football more consistently.

Unfortunately we (the selectors) get sucked in every time

I wonder if Fog breaking through in Year 5 will make us double down on our "Tough love for talented players works" thinking?

Himmelberg and Frampton are fool's gold

Occasionally they will put in a great preseason or even minor round game that makes you wonder if it's clicked for them and they'll perhaps start producing that football more consistently.

Unfortunately we (the selectors) get sucked in every time

I wonder if Fog breaking through in Year 5 will make us double down on our "Tough love for talented players works" thinking?
Was about to post something similar. I want to like the berg but he has a lot of stinkers. Watching the trial game with Thilthorpe on the pine got me thinking stop mucking about, just get games into the gun.

Mcadam
Fog
Tex
Pedlar
Rachele
Rankine.

I havent picked himm or TT..

But i’d have TT coming off the pine and also doing some CB and around the ground ruck work.

I would literally, at this point, put Himm or Strawnie in before ROB but unfortunately its not gonna happen. They spent big dollars on ROB and they are gonna stick with their silly decision.

ROB is garbage. Taps it more to his opponents than he does our players. And lets not even go near discussing just how fxxkn stupid it is putting the clumbsy moron in our forward line.

ROB will cost us wins this year.

Mcadam
Fog
Tex
Pedlar
Rachele
Rankine.

But i’d have TT coming off the pine and also doing some CB and around the ground ruck work.

I would literally, at this point, put Himm or Strawnie in before ROB but unfortunately its not gonna happen. They spent big dollars on ROB and they are gonna stick with their silly decision.

ROB is garbage. Taps it more to his opponents than he does our players. And lets not even go near discussing just how fxxkn stupid it is putting the clumbsy moron in our forward line.

He’ll win one straight down the throat of Keays😉

He’ll win one straight down the throat of Keays😉
Keays did well on friday..

So thats two games in the last 8 he’s played well!..

He has the gut running to be that “joe the goose” receiver, that runs back hard on turnover and gets in perfect position to capitalise, we havent had since Josh Jenkins..

Keays would be coming off the bench or Sub in my team…

Pedlar needs to be fast tracked.

He has the gut running to be that “joe the goose” receiver, that runs back hard on turnover and gets in perfect position to capitalise, we havent had since Josh Jenkins..

LOL LOL LOL

It's happening folks...

You're nearly there Clam man...

See your knockers can back off at least you can see it when it’s there

Mcadam
Fog
Tex
Pedlar
Rachele
Rankine.

One of TT or Berg will be second to ROB. Neither are ready to be lead ruck.

Keays, Tex, McAdam
Fog, Thilthorpe, Rankins

Went tall. Reason being Thilthorpes athleticism. He and Fog are the future of the tall forwards, they should play together. Keays, Mcadam and Rankine are quite intense and can apply serious pressure.

I'd have Rachelle bench with rankine and Rachelle rotating bench mid and forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mcadam
Fog
Tex
Pedlar
Rachele
Rankine.

I’m sure people noticed his tap work in our defensive 50 where he put it straight down the throat of Jamie Cripps who kicked the goal.

Awesome stuff

One of TT or Berg will be second to ROB. Neither are ready to be lead ruck.
Probably…

But they cant be far off..

I would literally love to see strawnie get a run of 4/5 games..

Strawnie’s probably no better than ROB at tap rucking.. but..

-Hes a better contested grab around the ground.
-Better forward.
-Far superior kick.
-better in front of the sticks.
-better field kick

There’s literally nothing to lose from trying it as he cant be any worse than ROB.

Ultimately we need to find an alternative to ROB.. if that alternative is on our list then we need to fast track it.. if it isnt.. we need to find it and bring it in.

I’m sure people noticed his tap work in our defensive 50 where he put it straight down the throat of Jamie Cripps who kicked the goal.

Awesome stuff
Its actually the best tap from a stoppage I’ve ever seen him do!

It was as if he and cripps had discussed and planned it before hand.

Scorpus - if someone happened to make the top 6 as a forward, would they still appear in the mids section? I left Rachele out of my forwards, but no way would I leave him out of my team. Just like the balance with Keays up there

Scorpus - if someone happened to make the top 6 as a forward, would they still appear in the mids section? I left Rachele out of my forwards, but no way would I leave him out of my team. Just like the balance with Keays up there
Given nearly everyone else put Rachele in their forward line... I wouldn't worry... ;)

91% of the vote so far.

Should be voting for 7 forwards though... as voting separately for 4 on the bench may not lead to a balanced team.

Given nearly everyone else put Rachele in their forward line... I wouldn't worry... ;)

91% of the vote so far.

Should be voting for 7 forwards though... as voting separately for 4 on the bench may not lead to a balanced team.
Yeah, I want him to be in the mids though.

91% of the vote so far.

Yeah but we’ll know what the rest of team looks like so can use the bench to balance

Yeah but we’ll know what the rest of team looks like so can use the bench to balance
Like All Australian selectors... forget about the 7th defender or forward & name a bench of midfielders...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back