Recommitted Tom Liberatore [re-signed] and Mitch Wallis [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if you're getting bulk time in the guts, with very little quality/fully fit assistance, it's possible. See some of the clearance numbers Patrick Cripps was putting up in 2016 (compared to this year), or what Tom Rockliff was doing early in 2017 (averaged 10 clearances a game over the first 8 rounds of the year).

Not doubting that any of them are good clearances players, but it is possible for the numbers to inflate beyond the player's ability in certain circumstances, too.
Cripps was injured last year and spent way more time forward this year due to no pre-season. He will be back to his best this year and put up similar numbers.

It always makes me laugh because I know for a fact that a lot of the stuff written about Jake is true as well as some other stuff. It just goes to show that people think they know more than they actually do.

Gold:
“I know for a fact”

“People think they know more than they actually do”.

How do posters come up with stuff like this??

Off field antics

Oh yes. I bet they will look back 12 months and make a call on that rather than his 2018 form.

He appears to be a charity philanthropist now rather than a party animal. Off field ducks in a row

It won't be poor forever and sometimes a bloke just needs a change.

A bloke seemingly back playing good footy at a club he was drafted father son by and won a flag with?

Off the field Libba seems to have changed his focus and on field he seems sharp. Will have a great year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Libba going to be the new Dustin Martin or Josh Kelly?

Look forward to the 2019 bragging from north fans about how they drove up his contract price

See, now you have delved in to your generic brand of drivel. You are capable of much better, and I don't know why you persist with this crap.

I'm not "bragging" about anything. I know the kid has been on the outer, and I acknowledge that he has knuckled down.

My own opinion is largely based upon my analysis of the dogs list and my conclusion that they are/will be a little top heavy in the inside mids department. Who would most likely be targeted for the best coin that would sway the dogs to allow a trade? My conclusion: Liberatore.

That's it. I have no "inside word" on the matter.

See, now you have delved in to your generic brand of drivel. You are capable of much better, and I don't know why you persist with this crap.

I'm not "bragging" about anything. I know the kid has been on the outer, and I acknowledge that he has knuckled down.

My own opinion is largely based upon my analysis of the dogs list and my conclusion that they are/will be a little top heavy in the inside mids department. Who would most likely be targeted for the best coin that would sway the dogs to allow a trade? My conclusion: Liberatore.

That's it. I have no "inside word" on the matter.

And here you go with your usual talk down routine. Very well honed over the years might I add, despite you being a universal bigfooty punchline.

You’ve built your reputation on telling people about your thoughtful analysis often proven to be bullshit or out and out delusion. Through your career a litany of calls about everything from Cam Richardson to Lachie Hansen, Jack Ziebell and North’s “meat grinder”. Only to eventually be proven to be a blow-hard, get angry and then reappear as a new account.

The Bulldogs’ best midfield has Liberatore in it as the primary inside mid. He’s the Cunnington type (with much more hurt factor away from the coalface) with Bont and McLean rotating between forward and centre and Macrae the link up. And the club knows this, Liberatore isn’t some superfluous Hrovat type.

Wallis is a more achievable target although he’s a very popular clubman who would take some convincing. He’d be an upgrade on north’s second tier mids however it’s been proven players would need a lot of convincing to play for north Melbourne. You simply aren’t an attractive destination and don’t look like being one anytime soon.

Is Libba going to be the new Dustin Martin or Josh Kelly?

Look forward to the 2019 bragging from north fans about how they drove up his contract price

North might sniff around him, but turning 26 this year, why would you go from a club playing finals football for the next 5 years to a club with no chance.

I think it'll be Dahlhaus who is the one to go, not Libba or Wallis.

Not as good inside, and a bit scrubby, so I could see them deciding to lowball him contract-wise.

He's the sort of player that'd be good for Essendon

North might sniff around him, but turning 26 this year, why would you go from a club playing finals football for the next 5 years to a club with no chance.

Every club in the competition is a chance of playing finals footy in the next 5 years.

You only have to finish in the top 44% to make it.

I think it'll be Dahlhaus who is the one to go, not Libba or Wallis.

Not as good inside, and a bit scrubby, so I could see them deciding to lowball him contract-wise.

He's the sort of player that'd be good for Essendon

Well, there IS mail on him. Could be a good pick up at the right price.

Really crap time to do an ACL. If he had a good year he could have got some big offers as an UFA. This will cost him a million +.

Really crap time to do an ACL. If he had a good year he could have got some big offers as an UFA. This will cost him a million +.

The Libba/Wallis conundrum might have just sorted itself out through a terrible misfortune, for 2019 at least..

If it's ACL, then there's no way the dogs would cut him, or anyone else dangle an offer that would drag him away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back