Vic Liberal Leader Matthew Guy attended secret dinner with alleged mafia head Tony Madaffer

Remove this Banner Ad

Could it be a very disgruntled Liberal MLA who wants the leadership badly, fears that if Matthew Guy stays on as Opposition Leader the Liberals will face a heavy election defeat, who is behind the leaking of the meeting between Guy and a leading member of the Victorian Mafia to the media?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just putting to one side Guy's alleged dodgy planning and political deals, how on earth could anyone abide a politician whose heroes were among the most venal ever to walk the face of this earth.

Other political idols have included Sir Henry Bolte, Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen and former US president, Richard Nixon.

Just putting to one side Guy's alleged dodgy planning and political deals, how on earth could anyone abide a politician whose heroes were among the most venal ever to walk the face of this earth.

Especially President Nixon. Has Matthew Guy forgotten about Watergate 1973-74, which brought about the downfall of Nixon?

I am wondering when the corrupt Victorian Police Force are going to charge Tony Madafferi so we can justify this whinge against Matthew Guy! :thumbsu:

Mat guy is so tough on organised crime LOL :$:$

Matthew Guy: what a great night out! Lobster, Grange and a truckload of money for my election campaign.

Anxious Liberal Staffer: wasn't that alleged Mafia crime lord Tony Madafferi sitting at your table?

Matthew Guy: I thought that at first, but then he said his name was Antonio Madafferi.

Anxious Liberal Staffer: oh.

Matthew Guy: you gotta learn to listen, mate.

***Apologies to The Simpsons.

Matthew Guy could at least be thankful this current scandal isn't happening 12 months later. Say if it did rear its head again during the election campaign this time next year, what impact would it have on the Liberals chances of regaining government?

Not to mention Frank was only let in after substantial Lib donations. Rotten to the core.

How many brothers does Frank have or are wires getting crossed?

Tony has been in Australia for over 25 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew Guy could at least be thankful this current scandal isn't happening 12 months later. Say if it did rear its head again during the election campaign this time next year, what impact would it have on the Liberals chances of regaining government?

Labor need to emphasise the link between organised crime and the Liberal Party, don't claim any illegal activity going on, just ram the point home that in Guy's eyes drug importation and murder is perfectly fine if it keeps him in his seat. Focusing on the legality of the issue will likely result in an acquittal if no money was exchanged yet. Better to talk about the perception.

Labor need to emphasise the link between organised crime and the Liberal Party, don't claim any illegal activity going on, just ram the point home that in Guy's eyes drug importation and murder is perfectly fine if it keeps him in his seat. Focusing on the legality of the issue will likely result in an acquittal if no money was exchanged yet. Better to talk about the perception.

Will Daniel Andrews go after Matthew Guy on this issue in the Leaders TV debate (if one is organised) during the 2018 election campaign? And how would Guy react if the panelists (likely to be 3-4 journalists from the Spring St press gallery) question him about it during the debate, or perhaps later on in one of the 'People's Forum' (featuring undecided voters at a crucial seat that will decide the election results) on Sky News/ABC News?

Will Daniel Andrews go after Matthew Guy on this issue in the Leaders TV debate (if one is organised) during the 2018 election campaign? And how would Guy react if the panelists (likely to be 3-4 journalists from the Spring St press gallery) question him about it during the debate, or perhaps later on in one of the 'People's Forum' (featuring undecided voters at a crucial seat that will decide the election results) on Sky News/ABC News?

Make this Guy's Benghazi, he won't be found guilty for anything, but the idea that a tough on crime leader is dining with drug lords is something to hammer him with.

Seems like Guy has a quadrant going on.

Rich criminal =ok Rich non crim =OK

Poor criminal =not OK Poor non crim = not OK

seems like his line is 90degrees out of whack

Expect to see Labor go in hard on Opposition Leader Matthew Guy's deals with the Mafia between now and Election Day next year. They will pose the question 'Can you trust this man to protect you and your family from crime?' in TV/press ads and on billboards around Victoria.

Kroger already accused Andrews of having contacts with the mafia boss.

Dirty campaigns are in their DNA

ALP might run on their record but have the Guy dirt file in the bottom drawer, and the second bottom, and the third bottom I doubt it fits in just the one drawer

It would be sad to have a dirty campaign when we need to desperately catch up our infrastructure deficit

Kroger already accused Andrews of having contacts with the mafia boss.

Dirty campaigns are in their DNA

ALP might run on their record but have the Guy dirt file in the bottom drawer, and the second bottom, and the third bottom I doubt it fits in just the one drawer

It would be sad to have a dirty campaign when we need to desperately catch up our infrastructure deficit
Metro Rail Tunnel
Linking the Ring Road to Eastlink
Level Crossing Removals
West Gate Distributor
Western Freeway Duplication
Melton railway duplication
New platforms on the Geelong line
Ballarat West Link Road
Bendigo Stadium Upgrade
151 extra V/Line services
Tulla Widening
Monash Freeway Upgrades.