Autopsy Liked, learned, hated - Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

jshster

Rookie
Feb 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Liked: Dogs staying in touch with eight.
Learned: Nothing.
Hated: More injuries at the Pies. Something seriously wrong there. The ridiculous character assassinations on social media after Friday night's game. Manly beating the Storm in Golden Point....(but what a game?!)

All the weekend's results >>

Chief

Last edited by a moderator:
Liked:
Stringer.
Lions making me feel silly for only tipping them top 6.

Learned:
Time to scrap any and all video reviews. Just let the umpires make errors and instruct the networks to stop dwelling on them.
Dons may not win a final this year, but Woosha has them playing like an Essendon team i haven't seen in over a decade and a half. Grinding out wins, doing team things, never giving up. This is very un-essendon......i like.

Hated:
Sunday fox footy crew. Is there a more numbing combination of commentators than Russell, Lynch and Johnson. ergh. please. I had to clean gunk out of my dogs ear due to an infection on sunday. I envied his ears.
Boyd's Morris' injury. Though you felt it was inevitable really. the character he must have to get back out there when most would walk away.

Last edited:

Liked: Winning, Cats return to some sort of form.
Learned: The Lions will be difficult to beat in September no matter where they play. Ablett needs a rest.
Hated: Essendon last gasp win, the goal review system fails again...Morris injury

Liked: JK's return to form :hearts:
Learned: It might be a case of last man standing for 8th spot, no one seems to want it
Hated: Dale Morris redoing his knee, tried to force a comeback when he had nothing left to prove to anyone

Liked: The Suns' approach to the game yesterday.

Learnt: The Swans' ladder position flatters them.

Hated: Dreadful goal umpiring error. Hard to understand how it was missed.

Liked: winning, tipping 8
Learned: shades of 2016 about this year, anyone in the top 6 has a genuine claim to win the flag
Hated: giants winning - expected it but the heat is still on us. Drop a game and they’ll take our spot in the 4.

Liked: The Suns' approach to the game yesterday.

Learnt: The Swans' ladder position flatters them.

Hated: Dreadful goal umpiring error. Hard to understand how it was missed.

Its hard to miss with 3 slow-mo replays... When it happens live at lightning pace with 5 guys jumping in your face, yea it ain't so easy

Liked: Winning the Liam Stocker cup. Adelaide look positively shot. Finger pointing, lack of interest and slow.

Hated: No-one seems to want 8th spot on the ladder.

Learnt: West Coast are the real deal. They looked super impressive on the weekend. Who needs a star studded midfield when your backline and forwards are that good? Think Teagues run might come crashing down a bit next week.

Liked: Despite Adelaide having some stars in the SANFL who performed well they still lost the game.

Learnt: Playing three rucks at Marvel encourages the opposition to play on all at all costs. Oh Ross NFI.

Hated: Melbourne the fans are not stupid, quit it. (Lewis and Jones are not positions for next season)

Liked: Beating Collingwood comprehensively on a Friday night and having all weekend to enjoy it! The blues being competitive again. Nothing like an old rivalry that means something to win.

Learned: Brisbane has got Hawthorn completely worked out. Hodge has never lost in a Hawthorn Brisbane game he has been involved in. Every team can win these days as all it needs is the "better" team to be off a little.

Hated: Blicavs flop. Umpiring missing obvious throws and another goal line disaster.

Edit: I don't think Blicavs flopped now after rewatching the incident. The initial knock to the head in the contest is what got him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked - Brisbane keep winning. Good on them. Kennedy kicking 7. Amazing player. Slowing down a bit but a seriously dangerous player.

Learnt - Melbourne have no idea how to win. We are beyond the point of shot. We are on our way to the crematorium. Goodwin and his post match press conference about us being stressed says it all. It’s your team mate, you get it right.

Richmond are building into premiership form at the right time. Will not want to play them before a GF I reckon. Geelong May get them week one. That would break the Internet surely.

Giants are very dark horse....... very very dark

Carlton has to appoint Teague. Anyone else would be an error.

Hated - Being second last. Seriously. Have we any clout? What do we stand for? Embarrassing doesn’t do us justice. We won’t win another game and let’s hope 2020 is better otherwise I want Goodwin gone within a month.

Learnt Brisbane are my current favourite got the flag. They will get two home finals and love the G. They’re pressure game is the only game that can take it to the Tigers and I feel like they’re gonna win it.

Gee Hodge is amazing. Look at what he’s done to that club. They are ferocious just like my old Hawks were.

Early my favourite player of all time and will he cheering Brisbane to win it for Hodgey.

Liked: Winning, Cats return to some sort of form.
Learned: The Lions will be difficult to beat in September no matter where they play. Ablett needs a rest.
Hated: Essendon last gasp win, the goal review system fails again...Morris injury

I thought the last goal from GC was a free kick missed.
In this nonsense we call foolishly rules, and the rule changing to rubbish in some areas of the sport, the GC player tackled an Essendon defender front on, ??? Now I thought that was a automatic free kick.
It was mentioned several times over in the broadcast.
It suggests... , well?
It suggests something?
Then Essendon just lifted the foot off the brake a bit, pressed the accelerator and kicked two in about a split second!

Loved- After a decade of irrelevance and incompetence we are finals bound again.

Learnt- Flag? Eagles favorites, not far behind the Tigers, fair way back to the Cats and Giants. If we can qualify 1st or 2nd we could be a chance at it this year as well, I just find it hard to even believe we are in with a shot after what we have been through.

On going Hated- Apart from a very few the atrocious standard of the commentary and analysis groups in the media.

Liked - Carlton
Learned - Brisbane are going to be hard to beat in September, Adelaide are cooked
Hated - non decision/score review in Gold Coast V Essendon, Dale Morris injury :(

Learnt that some people are weak as piss. Front up if you got stuck in during the build-up...put your hand up and we'll have a laugh.

Like the Lions, they just keep on keeping on...born and raised in Red Hill so they're my 'number two'...

Hated the cricket...for the first little bit....badumtish...

Liked: Brisbane Lions almost single handedly ending Hawthorn's final chances. Those Cubs are becoming men, great to see

Disliked: Gold Coast losing to Essendon. Poor Suns deserve a win for Morale's sake.

Hated: Richmond winning again. I am now firmly anyone but the Tigers for the flag. Also Australia in the Ashes bar Smudger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back