List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1989772

I was wondering what his historical SA allegiances would have been. Given this, it's safe to say we've got no hope. If he comes home he'll go to the Crows.

Basically every player that grew up with Crows allegiances has gone to them. Rankine and Dawson. It seems to be the only reason they recruit anyone. Unlike us who have recruited come home players and those from other backgrounds.
He's from Walkerville that will give you a clue. Advertiser setting up a Hayward chooses the Cows over Port Pear story

Just because he was a Crom supporter and comes from Walkerville means sfa. If he wants to come home to,South Australia many other more important factors will come into play.
So he's a Crom supporter, they will be willing to pay him more than us, they are young side on the upside and we can offer him .....here's your new Daddy.

Is Pickett still gettable? Phillipou? Surely they are far better options than Hayward, with genuine port links not just “my dad barracked for them”.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Has Phillipou shown that he's worthy of his early selection, appears the vibe around him is far bigger than the output.

So he's a Crom supporter, they will be willing to pay him more than us, they are young side on the upside and we can offer him .....here's your new Daddy.

In no way have Adelaide shown they’re a young side on the way up. Their rebuild has stalled significantly, there’s massive question marks over much of their recruiting and young developing players. A good 50-75% of their best players on a weekly basis are 25-30 something players.

We have our own problems and they’re a doozy, but yeah the crows list isn’t “on the upside” they’re a massive work in progress

Has Phillipou shown that he's worthy of his early selection, appears the vibe around him is far bigger than the output.

Pick 5 was predicated on him becoming the next bontempelli , which was probably a bit carried away.

If he was pick 20 there probably would be less focus on him.

He’s still incredibly young, it remains to be seen if he can ever become a midfielder at afl level, but the saints are horrible at developing players. He needs to get out asap. But at the least there’s a pretty solid half forward / forward there. I mean Hayward is reportedly getting ridiculous offers and I see Hayward as not that far above Mattaes floor for potential as a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In no way have Adelaide shown they’re a young side on the way up. Their rebuild has stalled significantly, there’s massive question marks over much of their recruiting and young developing players. A good 50-75% of their best players on a weekly basis are 25-30 something players.

We have our own problems and they’re a doozy, but yeah the crows list isn’t “on the upside” they’re a massive work in progress
Well they are up from 18 to 9 in a few seasons so that would be the story they would be selling him. I don't entirely disagree with what you're saying however he will not be playing for us.

Has Port confirmed it's entering the mid-season draft? SPP is out for the year.
It's a free hit basically.
Draft a kid who missed being drafted last year, and is killing it this season.

On second thoughts, knowing us, we'll probably draft another McEntee or Teakle type :rolleyes::eek:

View attachment 1989772

I was wondering what his historical SA allegiances would have been. Given this, it's safe to say we've got no hope. If he comes home he'll go to the Crows.

Basically every player that grew up with Crows allegiances has gone to them. Rankine and Dawson. It seems to be the only reason they recruit anyone. Unlike us who have recruited come home players and those from other backgrounds.
We had a decent record with getting them back, Gus and Orazio were Crow heads too.

Is Pickett still gettable? Phillipou? Surely they are far better options than Hayward, with genuine port links not just “my dad barracked for them”.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
More than happy to give Phillipou another couple of years at the Saints to gauge his worth a bit better. Another HFF not a big priority for us.

Anyone is 'gettable' these days - just up to how much you are willing to pay. I'd love Pickett but suggest the cost of prying him out of Melbourne would be too high to realistically consider.

Note to clubs: you should basically never trade for a Geelong player.

1. They will bend you over and you'll pay through the nose to get who you want.
2. Their "system", strength and conditioning and possibly vitamins, means they most likely won't perform at the level they were at the cats.

Look at someone like Motlop. Basically got statistically worse every single year since coming to us. Sav has been worse than he was at Geelong, albeit he was good against a cooked Hawkins.
Tim Kelly. Was a Brownlow fancy at Geelong, went to the Eagles and has been a nobody ever since.

In addition, your cooked/delisted players you send to Geelong will somehow have a miraculous resurgence. Tyson Stengle showed a few glimpses but nothing much at Adelaide, now an AA contender. Isaac smith looked about done at hawthorn, next minute has 3 more years in him and a norm smith medal. Gary Rohan could never get on the park for Sydney, never played over 18 games and was most famous for disappearing in finals. Goal averages have increased and averaging almost 20 games a season. Zach Tuohy, a nobody at Carlton. Somehow becomes a gun.
Tom Stewart, gets plucked out of the VFL at 24 and becomes 5x all Australian lol.

Note to clubs: you should basically never trade for a Geelong player.

1. They will bend you over and you'll pay through the nose to get who you want.
2. Their "system", strength and conditioning and possibly vitamins, means they most likely won't perform at the level they were at the cats.

Look at someone like Motlop. Basically got statistically worse every single year since coming to us. Sav has been worse than he was at Geelong, albeit he was good against a cooked Hawkins.
Tim Kelly. Was a Brownlow fancy at Geelong, went to the Eagles and has been a nobody ever since.

In addition, your cooked/delisted players you send to Geelong will somehow have a miraculous resurgence. Tyson Stengle showed a few glimpses but nothing much at Adelaide, now an AA contender. Isaac smith looked about done at hawthorn, next minute has 3 more years in him and a norm smith medal. Gary Rohan could never get on the park for Sydney, never played over 18 games and was most famous for disappearing in finals. Goal averages have increased and averaging almost 20 games a season. Zach Tuohy, a nobody at Carlton. Somehow becomes a gun.
Tom Stewart, gets plucked out of the VFL at 24 and becomes 5x all Australian lol.

Largely agree with this but Zach Tuohy played 120 games with Carlton and in 2015 came third in their BnF and was selected as the small defender in the 2015 AFL Coaches Association All-Australian team. He was hardly a nobody.

Largely agree with this but Zach Tuohy played 120 games with Carlton and in 2015 came third in their BnF and was selected as the small defender in the 2015 AFL Coaches Association All-Australian team. He was hardly a nobody.

I mean I don't remember him being anything but a joke for Carlton, but maybe I'm misremembering. Important to note Carlton finished dead last in 2015 so 3rd in the bnf probably isn't that much of an achievement. For instance Troy Chaplin was second in our 2010 bnf...

I mean I don't remember him being anything but a joke for Carlton, but maybe I'm misremembering. Important to note Carlton finished dead last in 2015 so 3rd in the bnf probably isn't that much of an achievement. For instance Troy Chaplin was second in our 2010 bnf...

Maybe he was not well known because he was in a :poo: team but still not a nobody. There have been plenty of good players in bad teams.

Anyway I think we can agree, don't trade with Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back