Review Lobb is God! Dogs jam pussies at the Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think anyone’s under any illusion that West will be a full time midfielder throughout his career, but it’s criminal it’s taken this long for him to get a go in there when at times we’ve been so soft and beaten up on the inside - he genuinely is the closest thing we have to Libba on the inside, his tackles stick and his hands are fantastic.

I’m still pissed about this, it’s been so bloody obvious for so long. Hopefully he sticks around because he’s a bloody handy little player as a small forward who can rotate in the midfield.

Just not on the development we’ve put into genuine s**t campaigners whilst others don’t get the same, such a waste of two years.
Agree on West, he is so smart and his awareness is awesome

I wouldn't believe a word that prick Scott says.
He'd be putting on a cheery smartarse face because he hates the Dogs and wants to make us feel undeserving.
He would never feel sorry for us.
I remember his miserable reaction when asked by Robbo after the 2016 GF if he admired anything about Beveridge.
He is still shitty that we didn't play Geelong in those finals.
Yea i still remember that too with Buckley at the time, his response to it all was frosty

Struggle to believe anyone would genuinely believe that has more to do with English’s pov ruck work than having two of the best clearance players in the comp.
We might actually get cleaner clearances if he put a block on for one of them or actually did anything other than stand around waiting for a handball.

Seven ruckmen had season or career high hitouts against Tim this year:

Bailey Williams (career)
Reilly O’Brien (career)
Scott Lycett (career)
Ned Reeves (career, twice, both against Tim English)
Marc Pittonet (season, 2nd highest career)
Jarrod Witts (season)
Andrew Phillips (season)

It was actually 8. I forgot about the part-timer Hayden McLean having his career high against Tim too.

Seriously Geelong felt sorry for us. It's been an arse reaming from them to us over the last 20 years. They were taking the piss and tanking with a reserves side tonight..

Jacked off at this club for bending over to Geelong for practically the last 23 games. Our boys have no pride against them and just capitualate mentally

Plastering over structural cracks tonight.

Bevvo has undeservedly been saved yet again.
Correct… we were being nice and doing everything we could to help you guys out. Now help us in return and make the smith trade run smoothly

JUH's tracker was interesting. He seemed generally invisible for the first 3/4 of the game but by the end of it ranked 3rd in total sprints. Hard to imagine he did all of that in the last quarter so my reading would be he was working pretty hard but not getting hit up - unrewarded leads.

We have too many ordinary ball users going I50 so it's an area of urgent address in the off-season - not the lone ranger in that line of thinking. Half forward, midfield and wings.

The other one is Timmy forward a lot more. We seem to get a lot of bang for our buck when he's up there, less so when he's in the ruck.

But my wild card is left wing. Doesn't have to be a forever option but JUH on a left wing intrigues me, especially feeding Naughts, Timmy and possibly Lobb. Or Timmy on a right wing, JUH on a left wing feeding Timmy, Naughts and Darcy next season. We're unusually blessed with 2 tall marking players who have exceptional ball skills.

why anyone would cheer to lose I have no idea.
Until the game actually started I was considering the benefits of losing. I wanted us to get something out of the year and with the likely results in other games a loss would give us about a 3 place move up the draft order. A “ certainty” to get pick in before theCroft bid. Not to be laughed at.
But then the game started and I was all in o a Doggies victory. We got a win at Geelong out of the year I suppose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back