Speculation Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

With Treacy developing nicely and Darcy to come back freeing up Jackson I think Fremantle may drop out of the race.

His no longer a need, wouldn't surprise me if this was all smoke to make us move up our offer then they target Warner next year.
No way
They have accumlated all the first round draft collateral for the McDonald trade
Amiss and Logan Mc is thier KPF sorted for next decade

No way
They have accumlated all the first round draft collateral for the McDonald trade
Amiss and Logan Mc is thier KPF sorted for next decade

Your likely right, but I feel like they could have gotten their list profile a bit wrong here.

Amiss is going to be better than Logan or any of the other young forwards.

Logan will be good for a consistent 40-50 odd goals through his career and a few assists per game, but I honestly feel that Treacy would be able to give something similarish eventually and they would also have Jackson/ Darcy resting there.

Would have thought they would target other players.

With Treacy developing nicely and Darcy to come back freeing up Jackson I think Fremantle may drop out of the race.

His no longer a need, wouldn't surprise me if this was all smoke to make us move up our offer then they target Warner next year.

Your likely right, but I feel like they could have gotten their list profile a bit wrong here.

Amiss is going to be better than Logan or any of the other young forwards.

Logan will be good for a consistent 40-50 odd goals through his career and a few assists per game, but I honestly feel that Treacy would be able to give something similarish eventually and they would also have Jackson/ Darcy resting there.

Would have thought they would target other players.

The caveat is, this assumes Treacy improves to be a 40 goal forward but if he does, Logan makes no sense for us.

I agree Chad would be a better fit.

The caveat is, this assumes Treacy improves to be a 40 goal forward but if he does, Logan makes no sense for us.

I agree Chad would be a better fit.

Yes assuming, my apologies.

Really rated the start of Tracy's season and end of last year though.

You’re right but Treacy needs a big year/ mcdonald a bad year or both because we aren’t using our 3 first rd in the draft.
We’ve built long enough.
Darcy feeding serong AB young delivering to Jackson amiss McDonald
With Johnson back up mid Treacy back up key forward is mint for the rest of the decade.

I think the whole trade comes down to how Josh Treacy plays this year. If he has a good year of development I'm not sure how hard they will go on McDonald.
It will be interesting to see what happens from here.

I think the whole trade comes down to how Josh Treacy plays this year. If he has a good year of development I'm not sure how hard they will go on McDonald.
It will be interesting to see what happens from here.

I don’t think it has anything to do with how Treacy plays this year.

Logan is a high quality player, former top draft pick and Treacy is a rookie who has come in an is playing as a role player.

If McDonald wants to go to Freo, he gets there Treacy or no Treacy.

If McDonald does end up at Freo, they could look at putting Treacy in the backline and re-tooling him as a KPD, otherwise he might drop in the pecking order.

If Logan decides to leave for Freo and has a career year…. And they end up mid table, will be a super interesting standoff.

Freo will have the trade assets to get it done but won’t want to part with everything and surely West Coast will be lurking for a free player…

Much different if Freo end up down the bottom

If Logan goes to Freo, the Swans will get fairly compensated because literally the only player transactions we get value for are our players in contract (i.e. Schultz, Hill). Maybe if we somehow finished below West Coast (probably already won too many games) we might pay unders.

We pay fair value or overs for everyone and received unders for our OOC players. It's ****ing infuriating.

If Logan decides to leave for Freo and has a career year…. And they end up mid table, will be a super interesting standoff.

Freo will have the trade assets to get it done but won’t want to part with everything and surely West Coast will be lurking for a free player…

Much different if Freo end up down the bottom
We already have well over enough to get it done. There is no chance its gonna cost us all 3 first rounders. Right now what is Logans trade value?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logan McDonald will cost 2 x 1st round picks every day of the week
Pick #4 21 year old already averaging 1.5 goals a game and ready to explode
10-12 year ready made KPF

Will take 2 x top 10 picks and $1 mil plus a year to move
2 top 10 picks!! right now no way

A 27 yr old Coleman bnf AA fwd in Cameron was traded carrying 2x second rd picks for 13, 15, 20 and a fourth rd pick.

Jackson didn't even go for 2x top 10s mate

2x firsts sure but 2x top 10 is ludicrous

If Logan goes to Freo, the Swans will get fairly compensated because literally the only player transactions we get value for are our players in contract (i.e. Schultz, Hill). Maybe if we somehow finished below West Coast (probably already won too many games) we might pay unders.

We pay fair value or overs for everyone and received unders for our OOC players. It's ****ing infuriating.

I don't want to lose McDonald at all but if we do lose him I want fair value.

I hated Adelaide fans saying things like "Dawson isn't even that good, a pick in the second round is more than fair" when every Swans fan knew what we had and how good he was, and due to the threat of the PSD we got shafted in terms of fair value.

I don't like losing players but I hate losing them and getting no where near what they are worth.

I don't want to lose McDonald at all but if we do lose him I want fair value.

I hated Adelaide fans saying things like "Dawson isn't even that good, a pick in the second round is more than fair" when every Swans fan knew what we had and how good he was, and due to the threat of the PSD we got shafted in terms of fair value.

I don't like losing players but I hate losing them and getting no where near what they are worth.
If it happens and its us, you'll be fine.

Don't know if the Eagles would be as nice with a live PSD threat, but Freo are meek at the trade table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back