Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Here ya go... Auckland FC. Not a fan. And that's not because they're now the Nix's rivals.
Screenshot_20240314_120941_Instagram.jpg
The contrast really doesn't work at small sizes... Which is a graphic designer's job.
Screenshot_20240314_121048_Instagram.jpg
The kit is nice though, but another stripey team with black in it is just... meh.
20240314_120128.jpg
Nix, Western United, now AFC.

Here ya go... Auckland FC. Not a fan. And that's not because they're now the Nix's rivals.
View attachment 1927356
The contrast really doesn't work at small sizes... Which is a graphic designer's job.
View attachment 1927359
The kit is nice though, but another stripey team with black in it is just... meh.
View attachment 1927362
Nix, Western United, now AFC.

Yeah the outer blue lines need to be white or gold to give the shape some definition at a small scale. As it is it just looks like a dark blob with AFC written on it.

MacArthur is another black striped team too. It’s all a bit Big Bash generic really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kit works I recon but the logo doesn't foor some reason.

They’ve designed it using an unreproducable blue. Looks great on screens but as soon as you have to put it into print or on a guernsey, you lose the contrast.

The 2024 on the logo is overkill as well.

The typography looks like they couldn’t decide which recently rebranded European team they wanted to rip off so they went with all of them.

MLS vibes
Ding ding ding. I’m someone who hates the usual “they just look like this team” cause there’s only so many designs and colourways they could go for, but they literally just look like a blue version of Austin FC, and the name doesn’t help that either. And that would be totally fine if their geographical rival didn’t wear stripes, as well as the two other most recent expansion teams. Black and blue looks cool ordinarily but that shade and design looks so much like a team wear template it’s not funny. I guess we’ll see if they commit to being a stripes team in the future but they’ve come in with it so I assume that’s their plan long term as well.

Considering the connection with the Golden Knights they could’ve just flipped their logo and used it for Auckland FC. Sneaks an “A” in there and a knight’s helmet, being upside down for their southern hemisphere team kinda makes some sense (sorta not really). Anyway, certainly doesn’t look any worse than what they went with.

IMG_0302.jpeg

Last edited:
They’ve designed it using an unreproducable blue. Looks great on screens but as soon as you have to put it into print or on a guernsey, you lose the contrast.

this guy knows what’s up.

Happy 19th team reveal day. I look forward to the inevitable whining and irateness when the logo turns out to be a few abstract lines and a dot. Please don't be a piece of crap. Please AFL, i beg you. Get it right.

Happy 19th team reveal day. I look forward to the inevitable whining and irateness when the logo turns out to be a few abstract lines and a dot. Please don't be a piece of crap. Please AFL, i beg you. Get it right.

What do you want to see?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back