Discussion Long Sleeved Jumpers ???

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish someone at port would don the sleeves :( never seen a long sleeve 'vee' guernsey anywhere

Personally always wore a long sleeve guernsey when I played, and always pulled the sleeves up (didn't have to roll cause they had elastic cuffs) unless it was freezing when they were down or scorching 35+ when I wore a normal one.

Personal thing though, wearing a sleeveless anything never felt right.

Anyhow, Lade and Primus use to wear them a bit too if I remember, Lade possibly the most recent.

I was thinking the other day that they should use those long sleeve "skins" instead of the jumper long sleeves.

I know Buddy where's them at training (see example)

So I did I quick mockup of what they could look like if they incorporated it into the game day uniform with a modern twist!

We have all heard how good compression garments are for your muscles / sweating and keeping cool so this could also be a functional move too!

European footballers wear the equivalent to skins under their shirts.

Except Arsenal, the captain actually decides whether the team wears long or short sleeves in a match. Yes he gets to pick. If he wants long sleeves, everyone has to wear long sleeves. And vice versa. So stupid. Everyone in the team wear the same thing

European footballers wear the equivalent to skins under their shirts.

Except Arsenal, the captain actually decides whether the team wears long or short sleeves in a match. Yes he gets to pick. If he wants long sleeves, everyone has to wear long sleeves. And vice versa. So stupid. Everyone in the team wear the same thing

I like it. I remember seeing a photo of a game they played where the captain changed his mind at half time, so they wore short sleeves for one half and long sleeves for the other.

So I did I quick mockup of what they could look like if they incorporated it into the game day uniform with a modern twist!

We have all heard how good compression garments are for your muscles / sweating and keeping cool so this could also be a functional move too!

I both love it and hate it at the same time. Impressive!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the Arsenal thing. Little quirks like that make my club all the better.

I don't think Skins would work here. The material would inevitably rip. If a thick polyester jumper can be ripped, then thing elastic polyester will do the same. I own a pair of short Nike Pro compression shorts, and long Skins 'leggings', and they have stitching in specific places. You wouldn't be able to criss-cross colours with different coloured material. And I don't think the material can be embossed with separate colours. Won't work.

Unless you just had one plain colour, which would be sort of weird. You could use the secondary colour on the stitching but that might make things a little worse.

We aren't really seeing very many long sleeve jumpers these days anyway, so it's probably not an issue.

I love the Arsenal thing. Little quirks like that make my club all the better.

I don't think Skins would work here...You wouldn't be able to criss-cross colours with different coloured material. And I don't think the material can be embossed with separate colours. Won't work.

Skins might not, but if teams took the Nike Pro Combat style undershirts (that are used by some American College football teams, and possibly by NFL teams from the 2012-13 season) then it would be possible.

I can't find any good images but teams that wear these uniforms have had printed designs including stripes placed on the sleeves. And even though they are short sleeved for these uniforms, I am sure that they could be made in long sleeve as well.

Just remembered big Coxy used to don the sleeves occasionally when I waswatching this video (2006??)

[YOUTUBE]EadFDYIw_jA[/YOUTUBE]

I reckon that one day the whole guernsey will just be made out of skins/ compression garments.
Why not just wear one of these babies? :D

morphsuits-420x0.jpg

That would be truly epic!!!
They should replace Heritage Round (seeing its now defunct :() with 'Morphsuit Round' :p
Seriously though, I wonder if you can get custom-made morphsuits? Might have to get a Port guernsey one if I can ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back