Teams Los Angeles Rams - The Rammers

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...date-search-jeff-fisher-fired-new-next-122016

The Los Angeles Rams are moving toward a meeting with ESPN analyst Jon Gruden about the team’s head coaching vacancy, multiple sources with knowledge of the Rams’ coaching search have told Yahoo Sports. The sources indicated Gruden has become a focal point on the Rams’ list of candidates, but that other candidates could also come into play – notably Stanford Cardinal head coach David Shaw and New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton.

There's talk about what Goff can be and what can be fixed about the guy, I asked Jeff Risdon his comments where he said: "my primary issue with Goff is that everything he lacks is not coachable. Is what he'll be already", his response:

Which then raises the question, if you're fixing Goff, what exactly are you fixing, and how? And how many players with similar issues have been fixed? Because at the moment Goff I see what Risdon sees, I see a guy who panics quickly when under pressure and doesn't have great vision in spotting pressure, which means he gets sacked easily because he's not dodging enough, because he's unaware of it coming. I've seen him not reading blitzes and disguised blitzes. Maybe you can get him used to pressure by playing him as much as possible, but it's kind of like an AFL player who doesn't play to the right speed or urgency or panics under pressure, you can work out that in a player to an extent, but not completely. In an era of cleverly disguised blitzes and rushes, and some gun defensive tackles, I wouldn't be surprised if Goff doesn't have it. He's a QB who hates contact and panics in the face of it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know there's visual evidence of Goff panicking under pressure and not anticipating pressure well, right?
Not at all. I watch Goff closely every game. He's on track as a rookie. He's excellent in the pocket, feeling pressure, stepping up, etc. Sure rookies and even vet QBs often get sacked. You can't win every play. For the most part he looks very comfortable back there. Especially the more games he played now. Compare first 2 games played with last 2 games played in this sense. Watch every play. Coach cam etc.

I'm not being a cheerleader here. If he sucked I'd say so. But I see him steadily improving.

You could string together a video with all of Goffs sacks and bad plays. And make it look like he's a total bust.
You could string together a video of all his good plays and make it look like he's a stud.

These guys deriding Goff are clueless. Watching the entire package, everything, and especially "live", where you get a sense of things like momentum, clutch moments, and other such things, you can judge a QB better with your own eyes than listening to these twitter "experts" and people who focus on only the bad or only the good things.

Not at all. I watch Goff closely every game. He's on track as a rookie. He's excellent in the pocket, feeling pressure, stepping up, etc. Sure rookies and even vet QBs often get sacked. You can't win every play. For the most part he looks very comfortable back there. Especially the more games he played now. Compare first 2 games played with last 2 games played in this sense. Watch every play. Coach cam etc.

I'm not being a cheerleader here. If he sucked I'd say so. But I see him steadily improving.

I don't know how you can say Goff is excellent in the pocket or feeling pressure. I understand he's a rookie, but he's quite a bit off Wentz, Winston and Mariota in their first year.

You could string together a video with all of Goffs sacks and bad plays. And make it look like he's a total bust.
You could string together a video of all his good plays and make it look like he's a stud.

These guys deriding Goff are clueless. Watching the entire package, everything, and especially "live", where you get a sense of things like momentum, clutch moments, and other such things, you can judge a QB better with your own eyes than listening to these twitter "experts" and people who focus on only the bad or only the good things.

Problem is he hasn't got that many good plays. I've watched him life three times. Remember the first touchdown he threw against the saints? The receiver had to change the route because it was thrown wrong.

Rams just miss the playoffs ;) losing to the Cardinals 44-6 finishing 4-12 for the year. Apart from Donald and Hekker every other player on the list had forgettable seasons. Gurley was the most disappointing for mine, even with the O-line as it was he should have done better, just appears to have lost it.

Anyway ... GO RAMS. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great day today in my eyes.... Mcvay as HC and Motherfkn Wade Phillips as DC. Gotta be happy with that.
Will be interesting to see who comes in at OC, i'd imagine Mcvay will be running the offense anyway and will leave Phillips to have total control over the defense.

Agree. I think McVay said in his presser he will be calling the offensive plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back