Lost respect for Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact he thinks Buckley should go to Richmond is OK. It's the main reason he uses that is totaly laughable.

Had he written about their their list or their supporters as a reason to go there, it would make some sense. (he clearly couldn't write about their culture). But to say he should go to Richmond just because nobody has done anything there for 30 years and he'd be idolised if he does - that's lunacy.

I used to respect Hird for his intelligence and analytical skills. Clearly I was wrong.

The fact he thinks Buckley should go to Richmond is OK. It's the main reason he uses that is totaly laughable.

Had he written about their their list or their supporters as a reason to go there, it would make some sense. (he clearly couldn't write about their culture). But to say he should go to Richmond just because nobody has done anything there for 30 years and he'd be idolised if he does - that's lunacy.

I used to respect Hird for his intelligence and analytical skills. Clearly I was wrong.

Hird is a mushroom . He has spent little time even looking at Nth or thier list if you watch on the couch he has little knowledge on nths injurys he just thinks we have had a bad year.
This is also the bloke who believed sheedy should coach richmond when anyone with a tad of nouse knows that sheedy has passed it as a coach has little respect in the football world as a creditable coach anymore ...why because thats the only bloke who ever coached him .
i think hird was a grerat footballer and his football comments are terrific but but he does little research before he makes a comment about wider issues.

Sheehan couldn't understand it either, he's usually pretty agreeable with Hirdy but he looked completely perplexed.

Has Hird been Healyed?

I hope not, I like Jim.

Edit; Wrong show,, doh.
It might be worse for Jim, a bad case of Wallsitis, luckily curable.

jeez i dont know how hes going to sleep at night now

Neither do I. The great man is going to be devastated. :rolleyes:

Hird called it as he sees it. He actually did not even mention North Melbourne anywhere in the article when suggesting the lure of Richmond would be too hard to resist - and why wouldn't it be? They are a Big 4 club that have been in the wilderness for a number of years. The temptation to bring success to a club like Richmond will surely be too big to resist.

Richmond fans think they have the better list. North Melbourne fans think they have the better list. From what I've seen from both clubs this year, there is no clear advantage to any club. Both have plenty of work and some hard decisions coming up.

Hird called it as he sees it. He actually did not even mention North Melbourne anywhere in the article when suggesting the lure of Richmond would be too hard to resist - and why wouldn't it be? They are a Big 4 club that have been in the wilderness for a number of years. The temptation to bring success to a club like Richmond will surely be too big to resist.

Richmond fans think they have the better list. North Melbourne fans think they have the better list. From what I've seen from both clubs this year, there is no clear advantage to any club. Both have plenty of work and some hard decisions coming up.

Thanks for that Macca. As you pointed out the other day, our facilities are ordinary and don't look like improving.

Denny Crane

Yep, knows all about the North list as well. It's nice to see informed, reasonable opposition supporters who show a real interest in an opposition club. Great stuff.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

......Bucks can rest assured that plenty of people will turn up if he getst the gig at tigerland.......he can also rest assured that when he starts he will have the support of the richmond board....

as did Wallet, Frawley etc etc...........

until they start losing.........

It would be worth Bucks having a chat to some ex Tiger coaches....but then again Im sure it will be different if Bucks gets there!!! It always is....

I think it is the Gemba syndrome. His company made the big call that we would be ****ed and it isn't panning out that way. I think subconsciously he doesn't want us to succeed because it would make Gemba look bad.

Gemba's report in terms of quality and accuracy is heading towards the F+ result.

Whats the big deal, he gave his opinion that coachiong Richmond to a flag will be more rewarding then just about any other club. Its pretty hard to disagree with either, huge supporter base that has seen nothing for nearly 30 years.
Its hardly a knock on North

Just to re-cap, Richmond are a good option for any prospective coach because they have have been an abject failure for the vast majority of the last 30 years? Have I got it right?

It's differen't, I'll give him that.

They are a Big 4 club that have been in the wilderness for a number of years. .

Wow. Big 4.
What qualifies a club to be in the big 4 club ?
mmm,
members ? well, this is only the third year they have had more than 30K+ members
no debt ? well, they still have a large debt. ( we all remember the save our skins tin ratlling )
Success ? I rest my case.

I would put Geelong and Hawthorn in the Big 4 Club ahead of Richmond.

I can't believe an Essendon supporter would actually support James Hird no mater what nonsense spewed out of his mouth. Who'd have thought?

The basis of Hird's opinion appears to be that someone only chooses to be a coach in order to be idolized by the greatest number of people. Says more about Hird. Buckley has been there and done that. His sense of satisfaction comes not from 50,000 slaps on the back from toadying morons, but from knowing that he achieved the ultimate goal. Richmond may have more supporters (as do Collingwood and Essendon) but there is no doubt that we have more collective teeth. So that means, when we smile on grand final day, it won't make Bucks scream in terror and wonder why he bothered.

Just to re-cap, Richmond are a good option for any prospective coach because they have have been an abject failure for the vast majority of the last 30 years? Have I got it right?

It's differen't, I'll give him that.

Thats exactly right! Richmond have been a failure for the best part of 30 years. We have had no success. We have had lots of coaches. But if you can put your unbiased hat on for a moment, what Hird is saying is: imagine if you were the person who changed that at Richmond? What if you were the person who brought a premiership to Richmond? The ego gets to some people.

If Bucks goes to North and wins a premiership, great, good on him - but you guys have had success not too long ago. If Bucks went to Richmond and got a premiership, can you imagine the reaction to someone actually doing something right at Richmond?

Richmond is like the small cap company and North the Blue Chip. You know what you will get at North, stable, low to medium returns.
Richmond could plunge even further or rise sky high.

Richmond is like the small cap company and North the Blue Chip. You know what you will get at North, stable, low to medium returns.

The Richmond Ponzi's. Has a nice ring to it.

Thats exactly right! Richmond have been a failure for the best part of 30 years. We have had no success. We have had lots of coaches. But if you can put your unbiased hat on for a moment, what Hird is saying is: imagine if you were the person who changed that at Richmond? What if you were the person who brought a premiership to Richmond? The ego gets to some people.

If Bucks goes to North and wins a premiership, great, good on him - but you guys have had success not too long ago. If Bucks went to Richmond and got a premiership, can you imagine the reaction to someone actually doing something right at Richmond?

This is the problem that you just don't seem to get... the AFL premiership is as high as it goes. You can't do anymore than that. Only difference would be the number of people telling you how wonderful you are. And after a career at Collingwood, do you honestly think Buckley is motivated by morons telling him how good he is? Don't you think he sets his own expectations and goals?

snrub and Northbhoy summed it up perfectly. Nobody has a problem with Hird having an opinion one way or the other. It's his reasons that are laughable, especially for someone with any intelligence.

If he said they have a good young list - fair enough. But to say he should do it just because they've been crap for 30 years and he could be a hero if he succeeds, that's just sad.

Couldn't have said it better my self.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back