Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Is Luke Beveridge’s time up at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 239 84.2%
  • No

Votes: 45 15.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Their GF still gets mentioned as a reason for him to stay, but that's quickly approaching a decade ago.

Footscray suffer from a classic case of Small Club Syndrome. One person gives them success and they quickly defy all logic trying to replicate it.

He did make a second GF to be fair.

Shades of Ratten's Carlton vs Gold coast. Loss cost blues a chance at finals and signaled the end of his time there.
West Coast arguably a worse team who won in Melbourne.

Don't think they would sack him unless they miss the 8. But it really sucks the wind out of the sails.

That loss to the Suns up there was a sign that Ratts had lost the players at that point.

Today's loss to the Eagles does strike me as another players revolt against The coach.

I don't think they will make any call on Bevo's future though until after the final H and A game against Geelong

List is great. I think they would benefit by moving away from Bevo. Obviously a Dogs legend and will go down in history, but the message and method will always get stale eventually.

They need to be proactive. Can't waste the primes of Bont, English, Naughton, Macrae, Libba.
Treloar, Dale, Daniel, Smith, Jamarra, Richards, Weightman are fantastic players when humming.
I think most clubs would have a similar list of 'fantastic' players, I would say only two of those are absolutely elite right now.

Problem is their coach loves the smell of his own farts.

They have arguably the potential to be the best list in the game. Maybe need some outside wingmen but there aren't many glaring gaps in the list.

They just need a coach who knows how to execute a basic gameplan without trying to reinvent the ******* wheel.

It's the type of list you put Clarkson in and he will threepeat.

I think most clubs would have a similar list of 'fantastic' players, I would say only two of those are absolutely elite right now.

Dogs are in a sweet spot where most of their talent are in their primes or able to play to that level. The age profile is that of a contender.

Compare that to a side like Freo or GC who would have similar talent, but are a bit earlier in their development.

He did make a second GF to be fair.
He did, but still. It's a top 4 list easy on talent and has been for a long time.

It's a bit like GWS and Leon Cameron. His tenure was praised for always being "around the mark" of finals yet really, the list was capable of more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chances are Dogs still finish 8th?

Depends on Geelong.
Considering our injuries and what is at stake for the Dogs, I cannot understand the current betting odds and why we are so short.
I know we will be saluting a few players who will retire but still, there's something not right there.

Carlton would dearly love to face the Dogs in week 1 opposed to the Giants who will be a real nightmare match-up with the likes of Himmelberg, Taylor and Idun controlling the Carlton's talls.

Dogs are in a sweet spot where most of their talent are in their primes or able to play to that level. The age profile is that of a contender.

Compare that to a side like Freo or GC who would have similar talent, but are a bit earlier in their development.
Their midfield is just not good enough.

Depends on Geelong.
Considering our injuries and what is at stake for the Dogs, I cannot understand the current betting odds and why we are so short.
I know we will be saluting a few players who will retire but still, there's something not right there.

Carlton would dearly love to face the Dogs in week 1 opposed to the Giants who will be a real nightmare match-up with the likes of Himmelberg, Taylor and Idun controlling the Carlton's talls.

We just lost to Hawthorn and WCE back to back. 0 chance of beating you at a ground we haven't won at for 20 years.

He did, but still. It's a top 4 list easy on talent and has been for a long time.

It's a bit like GWS and Leon Cameron. His tenure was praised for always being "around the mark" of finals yet really, the list was capable of more.

The Dogs currently don't have a deep enough midfield and wingers (esp with pace) to challenge for a flag, and their aging backline is a worry.

It's almost tempting to suggest that their current flag window is shut

We just lost to Hawthorn and WCE back to back. 0 chance of beating you at a ground we haven't won at for 20 years.

Have you watched us play lately?
You could almost put out your VFL team and we would still lose.
We are missing Close, Stanley, Blicavs, Guthrie, Rohan, Henry and Dangerfield is playing hurt according to the coach from last night's presser.

We are unfit and I just can't see us sustaining anything for two quarters let alone the three which will be needed to beat you guys. Bizarre odds.

Chances are Dogs still finish 8th?

To be witches hats in the finals, I don’t think there’d be many Dogs supporters wanting to see that.

Have you watched us play lately?
You could almost put out your VFL team and we would still lose.
We are missing Close, Stanley, Blicavs, Guthrie, Rohan, Henry and Dangerfield is playing hurt according to the coach from last night's presser.

Doesn’t matter how bad things are for Geelong, I can count the number of times we’ve beaten you guys there in the last 30 years on 1/2 a hand

Their midfield is just not good enough.

That will happen when Macrae and Smith spend most of their time on a forward flank.

Bont, Libba and Treloar is a great three, but they need some help and some variety. You can’t go in with a core three and expect to get it done every week.

That is coaching.

The Dogs currently don't have a deep enough midfield and wingers (esp with pace) to challenge for a flag, and their aging backline is a worry.

It's almost tempting to suggest that their current flag window is shut

Libba is the lynchpin of the Dogs midfield. No Libba, no Dogs IMO

That will happen when Macrae and Smith spend most of their time on a forward flank.

Bont, Libba and Treloar is a great three, but they need some help and some variety. You can’t go in with a core three and expect to get it done every week.

That is coaching.
Bont the only elite player of the 3.

Jack is cooked, much slower now. Smith can’t hit the side of a barn door let alone a leading team mate

Back