Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Is Luke Beveridge’s time up at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 238 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 45 15.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Still not stamping his papers.

I don't think he's going anywhere.

Dogs still have a slim chance of making the 8, but there's no point in pretending that they haven't blown an opportunity in 2023. They should easily be a top 8 side, and they have the top end talent to be pushing for top 4.

Regardless, Beveridge was at the helm when the Dogs pulled off one of the great Premiership heists of my long-ish lifetime. I never thought I'd see Footscray win a flag.
Never.
I thought St Kilda were more likely to double their flag tally before the Dogs would.
He gets a fairly long leash compared to some.

I think we'll probably knock them over at KP next week, too.
Bevo's 'leash' has lasted 7 long years. Won a premiership and got trounced in a grand final.

Never finished top 4. With the list he has, that's criminal.

If the Bulldogs don't want to squander the last couple of years of their window, he needs the immediate flick.

He's not tactically up to it.

From the end of 2021, the Dogs lost Ash Hansen and Steven King as assistants. Who knows their respective impact but that’s a noticeable difference compared to the year in which the doggies made the GF
Not an excuse. One of the reasons this club has trouble getting good assistants is because the useless sack of garbage is taking up so much of the soft cap.

I see that kind of stuff in the AFL all the time. Chris Scott is always talking about his favourite players, and how much he loves them.
Adam Simpson compared Harley Reid to his son! It is a weird industry, a bit like Hollywood; lots of big emotions.
Inappropriate? Not really.
Manipulative? Maybe.
Silly? Definitely.

You’re replying to someone who’s either been banned from attending bulldogs games or has been rejected by one of our players on a dance floor. Borderline creepy the bulldogs obsession.

Just about every coach does it, it’s what makes our game so amazing and beautiful. A bond between player and coach and if they show it off, the more the merrier.

Last edited:
Not an excuse. One of the reasons this club has trouble getting good assistants is because the useless sack of garbage is taking up so much of the soft cap.

That's a pretty disgraceful and ungrateful comment about only the 2nd premiership coach in your club's history.

It's understandable you want him gone as coach, but to call Bevo a sack of garbage is really below the belt

Still not sure why the Dogs re-signed Beveridge for a further two years late last year. Why not let 2023 play out and then make a decision? Port Adelaide did that and now they're one win shy of the 1st placed Pies going into the final round of the season.

Still not sure why the Dogs re-signed Beveridge for a further two years late last year. Why not let 2023 play out and then make a decision? Port Adelaide did that and now they're one win shy of the 1st placed Pies going into the final round of the season.
Unanimous decision by CEO, President and board.
If you asked any objective Bulldog supporter, no one wanted him re-signed after the 2022 season, he needed to earn that next contract instead of having it handed to him on a silver platter, but here we are... Worst mistake our club has made in a long, long time.

Bevo's 'leash' has lasted 7 long years. Won a premiership and got trounced in a grand final.

Never finished top 4. With the list he has, that's criminal.

If the Bulldogs don't want to squander the last couple of years of their window, he needs the immediate flick.

He's not tactically up to it.

Fair enough. So do you think that will actually happen?
If so, who replaces him?
As already stated, I don’t think he’s going anywhere. Could be wrong of course.

As to their ‘window’ I think this is a pretty outdated notion.
If anyone proved this it was Beveridge and the 2016 Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We sure this isn’t some 4D chess from Bevo?
Lose to WC, beat Geelong (Carlton beats GWS) to guarantee 8th spot.
Beat Carlton (no finals experience and due a loss), win a premiership from 8th…

I dunno, why did your club give Stuart Dew 6 years? 6!

Most clubs (right or wrong) tend to re-sign coaches before an out of contract year for stability reasons

The Dogs did play finals last year (admittedly due to Carlton choking more than anything)

Unless there is a serious board challenge and change happening at the Doggies, it doesn't seem likely at this stage that Bevo will be moved on.

Probably will be significant changes to their assistant coaching panel though.

Won a flag, got pumped in a grand final 5 years later. Added Lobb in the offseason A frustrating club. Going nowhere

take out 2021, the season between 2017-23 have been the same. scraping into the finals in the last round. with no real progress made. just finishing 7th and 8th playing interstate finals and losing elimination finals

More often than not, Footscray sucked…

Seriously though, probably just get rid of Rory Lobb.

What a bizarre targeted recruitment that was.

Back