Opinion Radio/TV Commentary, (Is Luke Hodge The Worst?)

Remove this Banner Ad

He really seems to hate Collingwood. As a result I really detest him as a commentator. His bias against us is next level. Due to his age, you would imagine that he will be around for a long time to come in the commentary box. This is very bad news as a Collingwood supporter.
Apart from his dislike for us he’s also a terrible commentator, no insight, sounds dumb, as does his mate Richo. Along with Brayshaw and BT this is the worst team ever.

He has an unfortunate whiney tone and he keeps repeating himself. That was deliberate. That should have been a free! The rule states blah blah. There was insufficient intent. BT drives me nuts too but even he sounded reasonable when he pushed back against Hodge's transparent bitterness.

He has an unfortunate whiney tone and he keeps repeating himself. That was deliberate. That should have been a free! The rule states blah blah. There was insufficient intent. BT drives me nuts too but even he sounded reasonable when he pushed back against Hodge's transparent bitterness.
We'll never hear this one because he has NFI what the rules state :D

He really seems to hate Collingwood. As a result I really detest him as a commentator. His bias against us is next level. Due to his age, you would imagine that he will be around for a long time to come in the commentary box. This is very bad news for Collingwood supporters.
Commentates like a bitchy school girl.

We should petition to have him removed from Collingwood games. Find him arrogant as well.

This deserves to be highlighted.

He is the most pathetic, bitter commentator of our games on a consistent basis that I can remember.

It is so blatant he either lacks the self awareness to temper himself, or he knows he can get away with it.

The worst part is he is a terrible commentator and analyst in general. Offers no real insight, monotone and lame.

Have you heard someone openly whinge as much as he does?

He is an absolute germ and this is purely on his commentary performance, nothing against him before that, but I absolutely hate him now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I made a point of trying to see what if any positive he would have to say about the Pies or any of our players.

During 3 hours where we showed great heart with a young team playing in Perth all I could get was a small positive comment about Lipinski’s good play in the 3rd.

Every single one of his calls after was trying to argue for how Freo could beat us or get back into the game, how well they were set up and whinging against umpiring decisions that went against us or justifying the ones that went for Freo.

It’s utterly unprofessional and embarrassing. We have the biggest supporter base in the country and we should make our voice heard on this matter.

I don’t have the time or will to start it myself but if anyone wants to get petition to ban Luke Hodge from commentating the Pies going, I would be the first signatory.

If anything it should bring to light how pathetic the level of commentating is in the country. They are ruining the game as much as umpires are at the moment (SEN and 3AW aside).

I miss Peter Landy!
As for Hodge, needs a ban from Collingwood games.
Think he carries a black n white voodoo doll.
Sandy Roberts and Drew Morphett were simply the best. Just fantastic unbiased informative calls with an exciting tone. True professionals. The quality of AFL commentators like Hollywood movies is deteriorating so fast it is a real shame.

Did anyone notice that Hodge seemed to completely change his tune in the last 6 or 7 minutes and started to support a couple of decisions that didn't go our way?. I wouldn't be surprised if he was pulled up for his completely biased assessment of everything we did.

I watched Longmuir's presser-what a long-faced sook. When asked about the free against Sullivan he said curtly- " He was wasting time." Not- We were lucky there! Not a word about our undermanned team but great praise for their never say die spirit.

I hope his mob rot in the purgatory of mediocrity for as long as he is their coach.

There... now I feel better.

I am actually surprised Hodge doesn't have anything better to do on a Friday night. His commentary borders on coaching for the opposition and sulking .

One of way too many ex players in the commentary booth. Just when I hoped I’d seen the last of Riewoldt, Cotchin, Selwood they turn up there. Hosge us easily the most biased though
Absolutely. Barely any true commentators these days, i.e. those who come from a broadcasting background. They are desperately needed and are far & away the best to listen to

I watched Longmuir's presser-what a long-faced sook. When asked about the free against Sullivan he said curtly- " He was wasting time." Not- We were lucky there! Not a word about our undermanned team but great praise for their never say die spirit.

I hope his mob rot in the purgatory of mediocrity for as long as he is their coach.

There... now I feel better.
Just one question ~ How can time be wasted when the clock is stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back