Rumour Luke Parker to the Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the rest of the Melbourne supporters think that it is a complete long shot, obviously I would be over the moon if it were to happen but clubs just don't lets guys like Parker leave.

Out of contract at the end of next year. Sydney without a decent ruckman, key defenders or enough talent on either back or forward flanks to win the flag decide to rebuild +/- a new coach or a coach on the decline.

Melbourne lacking a lot of things but with at least having:
A) Some good young talent in most positions
B) Competitive in most games and winning say 8-12 next year
C) Roos' cultural repair handing over to an exciting young coach in Goodwin
And most importantly
D-Z) Lots and lots of cash for Parker to return back to Victoria.

I can see why he'd at least take a meeting. He's got 8 weeks off and if he's back in Melbourne visiting family/friend and going to the grand final then it wouldn't hurt to stop by. The Swans would know he's not one to lowball come contract negotiation time.

I don't have my hopes up in landing him. But if you get a young list on the rise (which Melbourne are far from doing yet) and wave coin you're ever chance to get someone these days.

I like where the Pies are heading under Buckley and they have a lot of things going for them but they haven't set the world on fire and will get Treloar. The saints are every chance for Jake Carlisle. Brisbane landed Beams on the back of a 7 win season with some junk time wins.

Parker is the type of player the Dees need. Strong, contested player who wins the ball. Would do wonders for their team.

I doubt Sydney would be able to match the Dees offer which could get the deal over the line.
Why would Parker go to a s**t truck club like the Melbourne Cheats a club that's going nowhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contracted for 2016. Hard to see any benefit to Sydney that would make them want to trade him this year unless Roos is offering overs on draft picks. Even draft picks dont seem to excite our club like others.

Can you come up with a realistic trade? Given he is contracted, we would be paying overs I agree.

For someone the quality of Parker the only untouchable is Hogan. However I wouldn't be happy losing Brayshaw or Viney since we need a group of tough midfielders.

Our first rounder + our second rounder + Howe?

Probably not enough to be honest. That'd be enough if he wanted out and uncontracted but I don't think that is the case...

I could see Toumpas going to Sydney and doing well there. However he has no trade value beyond a late second rounder.

If parker is thinking possibly of a move id be furious if the pies weren't gonna chase him.
He is a gun

We'd be able to offer a lot more money given you have to pay Treloar.

But yes, you'd expect pretty much every team in the league to have a crack.

Cant see it happening but the swans are would have to be keen to get some picks in seeing as they are getting Dunkley and Mills in the top 10 this year
There are others they would move before parker for picks. Pretty confident the swans are super keen on mills and luke warm on dunkley. We wont break the bank for him

Can you come up with a realistic trade? Given he is contracted, we would be paying overs I agree.

For someone the quality of Parker the only untouchable is Hogan. However I wouldn't be happy losing Brayshaw or Viney since we need a group of tough midfielders.

Our first rounder + our second rounder + Howe?

Probably not enough to be honest. That'd be enough if he wanted out and uncontracted but I don't think that is the case...

I could see Toumpas going to Sydney and doing well there. However he has no trade value beyond a late second rounder.

For a bloke like Parker, Swans would be asking for McDonald or Gawn + a pick I imagine.

Would be massive for the club if they could get him. But like most other Melbourne supporters i can't see it happening. Parker is rated highly at the swans and i doubt we have anything to offer them in return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back