Rumour Luke Parker to the Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

Parker is the type of player the Dees need. Strong, contested player who wins the ball. Would do wonders for their team.

I doubt Sydney would be able to match the Dees offer which could get the deal over the line.

You talking like he's a free agent, contracted for next year.

Most likely outcome is Craig Bird to Melbourne which pretty much sums up Melbourne. Aim for the top, and end up some where short of half way.

I'd kill to be somewhere short of half way.

His easily worth the same money danger is getting from cats

Doesn't have the same amount of runs on the board, but that doesn't always mean much when it comes to big contracts (e.g. Boyd, Scully etc)

Most likely outcome is Craig Bird to Melbourne which pretty much sums up Melbourne. Aim for the top, and end up some where short of half way.
That's a pretty accurate depiction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His easily worth the same money danger is getting from cats
I'm loving your piss take right now:cool:

Nice one:thumbsu:

gtrain was not saying that Parker is worth as much as Dangerfield. Dangerfield will be taking significant unders to play for Geelong next year and Parker would easily be able to earn the same amount as Dangerfield will be earning next year. Had Dangerfield taken as much money as he could from the club willing to pay the most then Parker could not match that, but that is not what has happened.

gtrain was not saying that Parker is worth as much as Dangerfield. Dangerfield will be taking significant unders to play for Geelong next year and Parker would easily be able to earn the same amount as Dangerfield will be earning next year. Had Dangerfield taken as much money as he could from the club willing to pay the most then Parker could not match that, but that is not what has happened.

Oh and you look at the Geelong books as to what Dangerfield is being paid do you:rolleyes:.

(I'll brace myself for a source you know at Geelong)

To be fair, the speculation is a 5 year deal worth 4 million, so $800, 000 per year, and yes, Parker is probably worth that, especially to the Dee's.

That's my point......speculation.

And seriously you honestly think Parker would be offered $800k a year. Quality player yes, but $800k no way. You pay that cash to key position players, not blokes that have a reasonable grab and are courageous. Also I'd be thinking Dangerfield would be closer to $900-$950. But I'm only speculating that figure.

That's my point......speculation.

And seriously you honestly think Parker would be offered $800k a year. Quality player yes, but $800k no way. You pay that cash to key position players, not blokes that have a reasonable grab and are courageous. Also I'd be thinking Dangerfield would be closer to $900-$950. But I'm only speculating that figure.

You forget the salary cap is going up very soon. $800k will not be a huge salary in a few years.

The fact that Geelong is having issues getting him to the club shows that you guys are not offering him top dollar. If you were there would not be a problem.
I suspect the only issue is getting the massive 3rd party endorsements line up in a row. Regardless of salary, Danger will make a mint playing for Geelong.

have heard this.

Seems bizarre that melbourne would be willing to pay that much for a mid when they are very stacked with youth in that area.

A key forward is surely what they would be prioritizing.

have heard this.

Seems bizarre that melbourne would be willing to pay that much for a mid when they are very stacked with youth in that area.

A key forward is surely what they would be prioritizing.
Hogan and Frost

Remove this Banner Ad

Back