Player Watch Lynden Dunn (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Having a Shane Wakelin-like come-from-nowhere renaissance.

His kicking is a feature. His isolation work with forwards has been honourable.

I went from laughing when we recruited him, to wishing he was 25 instead of 29.

29, while old in footy years I think we should be able to get a good 4-5 years out of Dunny. Dale Morris is 34 and Brian Lake retired at 34.

Hopefully we can play some finals and push for a flag in that time, he's already a cult hero. Love the bloke!

Who didn't play him very much...
But apparantly Roos is this genius

As always the cattle quality helps the market price

We owe Melbourne a big thanks. First Howe, now this bloke. Can't wait till we get petracca.
And we gave them Lumumba, Dawes and wait for it, that's right Kennedy

Props to Dunn. He's surprised me so far. He's avoided being exploited for pace so far which I thought would happen. Instead he's a leader, one-on-one beast, incisive kicking, desperate, intercept marking defender. Deserves the accolades.

Just love the energy he brings to the game.

And live you can see him directing etc, big voice.

And the players around him look like they like him and respect him.

Howe also comes across as very respected in the group.

The question is what do we give up for him? Blair?
No, For Blair they better chuck in their first draft pick as well as Petraca, and we can give them our 4th round pick

29, while old in footy years I think we should be able to get a good 4-5 years out of Dunny. Dale Morris is 34 and Brian Lake retired at 34.

Hopefully we can play some finals and push for a flag in that time, he's already a cult hero. Love the bloke!

Agree... not quite 'stick a fork in me' Dunn yet.

After this contract 'Almost' Dunn potentially has another year or so in him still. Depends if he is happy to have stints in the VFL due to team balance and as his padawan McLarty is blooded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it was so much of a battle of Schade v Dunn. I think it was more that Dunn is 192cm and Schade is 197. Our other defenders are Reid 195cm, Goldsack 193cm and Howe 193cm.

Our first game was against Doggies with Cloke 196cm and Boyd 200cm.

I just think Bucks wanted the height.

But I reckon undersized defenders are the way of the future. You probably want one monster, then the rest agile 3rd man up types that cover for each other.

We went in too tall against Richmond in round 2. Riewoldt was the only tall once Griffiths went down. they ran right through us.

I think Reid will come in for the taller types, and then Dunn will slot in at Full back.

Howe's only 190 I think. Which further adds to your point.

Last edited:

I reckon there's a bit of Harry Kane about him too..

Qarabag-vs-Tottenham-Europa-League-Group-Stage.jpg

I don't think it was so much of a battle of Schade v Dunn. I think it was more that Dunn is 192cm and Schade is 197. Our other defenders are Reid 195cm, Goldsack 193cm and Howe 193cm.

Our first game was against Doggies with Cloke 196cm and Boyd 200cm.

I just think Bucks wanted the height.

But I reckon undersized defenders are the way of the future. You probably want one monster, then the rest agile 3rd man up types that cover for each other.

We went in too tall against Richmond in round 2. Riewoldt was the only tall once Griffiths went down. they ran right through us.

I think Reid will come in for the taller types, and then Dunn will slot in at Full back.

I think Schade showed more than Dunn in a few senses in jlt. He got more of the ball and was more dynamic. Dunn looked a bit lost and perhaps wanted to play a bit less selfish. I was surprised with his ball use since coming in to the team. I honestly think schade was better placed. I'm not fussed with schade being in the side for as long as he was and with dunn coming in later.

smaller defence has been a trend for a few years. dogs won a flag with it.
I think that was almost accidental due to injuries. It kind of makes sense though. Personally we've often been in a disadvantage when an opposition tall goes down and brown doesnt have a match up. Or like in the 11 gf when podsiadly went down, the 50% fit reid didnt have a match up. Medium types can match up on monster talls a lot better than key defenders can on small players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back