News Mackay signs *another* contract extension to the end of 2020!

Will David Mackay get another contract?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Being serious for a second, he'll get an extension surely?
You'd think so - it's been his best season. He was however back to his normal standard of turnovers against the witches hats on weekend and in the Port game, but that appears to be what the coaches like, so I'm assuming he's safe.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hate me all you want but you didn't vote.

I think you want Mackay to get an extension.

Of course he's going to get an extension. Who else can provide elite speed, elite run and carry and an elite leg off half back/wing? Plus, it takes years to learn the running patterns and that's an absolute key to the Mackay role. I dubbed him Rocky, you can't really experience a worse 4x4.

Last edited:

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Being serious for a second, he'll get an extension surely?

I think it’s not a clear cut decision.

IMO it would be based on how the season is finished. The further we go, the better it is for him.

If we miss or lose round 1, he would be gone as we need to do a mini rebuild

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Of course he's going to get an extension. Who else can provide elite speed, elite run and carry and an elite leg off half back/wing? Plus, it takes years to learn the running patterns and that's an absolute key to the Mackay role. I dubbed him Rocky, the can't really experience a worse 4x4.
I take offence to your use of the word Elite

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
The fact that I actually got angry seeing the thread title because I thought it was real is an indication of just how plausible this scenario is.

Maybe we can suggest he go to Gold Coast in a Hodge-to-Brisbane kind of move?

Surely not we're not that stupid... that said, we do like proving time and time again that we are that stupid.

If he got a contract with our seconds ala Wright is probably the utmost I could handle. He'd probably make a good coach, especially in a development role.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Is 17 disposals career high?

No, I think it's 20... in his second year.

Poll is tied at 16-16, which is interesting; 16 people actually believe that the club will {redacted}, the fools

It's with great sadness I'm here to tell you that Scorpus has died of a sudden and unexpected heart attack.
Thank you for taking the time to log into his account to tell us. Are you his hot wife?

Last edited:
Back