Gaming Madden 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you played an nba 2k game lately they have the same problem as madden.

No, likely why I havent purchased one before that, just like Madden. My post was meant to be about 2K23, so apologies for not using that specifically.

For the FY2021, EA made 1.62billion dollars from microtransactions..... Billion, there focus is solely on Ultimate team and thats it. This is evident year to year with its neglected Franchise and career mode and why it gets criticized with being nothing more than a roster update.

& what tiny amount of that 1.62B would they have to commit to making franchise what it should be? SFA.

EA is ruled by Greed, not that they are alone.

2K has gone backwards big time with the NBA games.

well, until now. ;)

NBA 2K23 just shows how lazy and greedy all these microtransaction game companies are and the capabilities they really have that the consumer is missing out on. We should demand more from them.

well, until now. ;)

NBA 2K23 just shows how lazy and greedy all these microtransaction game companies are and the capabilities they really have that the consumer is missing out on. We should demand more from them.
Absolutely we should.

I don't know if it's just that I'm getting older (turned 30 just recently) or whether games just aren't progressing like they used to (in terms of quality) but I find myself playing far fewer sports games.

Absolutely we should.

I don't know if it's just that I'm getting older (turned 30 just recently) or whether games just aren't progressing like they used to (in terms of quality) but I find myself playing far fewer sports games.

I think the older you get the fussier you get about things. Also more responsibilities etc, so dont view money as disposable as you once did.

I rarely buy games these days, Mortal Kombat my only go to on every release.

Absolutely we should.

It's definitely an age thing. I'm even older by you, and I was always passionate about sports board games and video games, and any kind of games, fun and entertainment, even olden days like games between friends using dice or cards, devising rules, keeping stats, etc. As can be seen by my continued fantasy football input and time spent on it. But....the bottom line is, as you get older you really do grow out of it. You kinda see it for what it always was....a waste of time. Time better spent chasing women, working, getting higher education, going out and having fun, learning to play an instrument, learning a second/third language, traveling, reading books you always wanted to get around to, maybe movies/tv shows you always wanted to get around to---but they also fall into this time-wasting category now, all those entertainment things are stupid really.

Even fantasy football I can feel is slowly fading in me, realizing I gotta hand the reigns down at some point. There's the impending death/illness/financial-hardship factor to consider too...."my health not so great, a chance i guess i could drop and die tomorrow, or be terminally ill, so better prepare by phasing out of all those commitments, etc"...like one would writing up a will. That impeding doom, realizations. And looking back knowing you wasted too much time, could've done more, too late now, but a last desperate in vein attempt to suck some life/enjoyment out of it before you kick the bucket.

I blabbed on, but I was trying to say, yeah, I come home, I don't even turn the tv on (i never did tbh), I look at the XBX and meh, I might turn it on, but after 20-30 minutes I find it a waste of time, like looking at myself from outside of myself, or I get headaches from it, or just the stupidity of it....like those Fifa 22 games where the game isn't even realistic, the tricks and style moves, the level 100 experience needed to be that good and just thinking "I never want to be that good, what a waste of time, maybe if you were 13 living at home" but it's just stupid, brain junkfood. So I go weeks/months never even turning on the tv or console. Then i might have a spurt where i'm bored shitless friday night and play a game non-stop from 8pm thru to 4am, and try to go to bed as the birds start their singing and when i close my eyes all i see is like a Turette's syndrome of images from the game i played, people running around, kicking balls, flipping balls, running round and round a map getting shot, etc. It's like a seizure, can't stop the images in my head. Then I wake up Saturday evening and i feel like Dracula, and sick to the stomach, wasted a day, could've done something else, been outdoors, etc.

There I go blabbing again. TL;DR....i walk by the console constantly and just have zero "testosterone" for it. Days/weeks. Till i get "stiffy" for it again. When as a young'un, you're always fanatically attached to the console (if you were a gamer).

I am 3 games into season 2 of my 49ers franchise lost to packers in nfc championship game in first season.

Injuries and some costly fumbles ended my first season.
Whensthat bug ggetting fixed

In the latest instalment of everything wrong with Madden:

Cowboys up over 30 with 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and they call 2 pass plays then 3 read option plays in a row at the 50 with Dak running the ball each time.

AI is elite. So realistic.

here, vid should play from the moment where im talking about above:

In the latest instalment of everything wrong with Madden:

Cowboys up over 30 with 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and they call 2 pass plays then 3 read option plays in a row at the 50 with Dak running the ball each time.

AI is elite. So realistic.

here, vid should play from the moment where im talking about above:

C4 has been getting his arse kicked as well on All Madden. Kicking off a franchise tomorrow, will be looking around for some sliders beforehand tho...

C4 has been getting his arse kicked as well on All Madden. Kicking off a franchise tomorrow, will be looking around for some sliders beforehand tho...

Yea all madden seems extra cheesey this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of cheese, OMG, :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: watch the entire vid...(or if you cant be ****ed just watch the finish from 32:00) but I recommend the entire vid for the full story and build up.

Picked up M23 today.

1) The default opening lead in after game install is straight to MUT 👎

2) So many menus and pop ups and promo pages and having to press and hold A to skip cut shots. What a chore.

3) After playing Fifa 22 so much, the free-flowing game, I'm unfortunately finding football a drag to get into. Especially the jerky gameplay and player movements that EA's Madden has had since forever. EA's Fifa is so much smoother, even tho they have canned animations too it just blends together so much better. Almost seamless action. Running the ball, catching and running, returning a kick, it's all so jerky and bowling balls colliding. Doesn't even resemble real action, whereas Fifa at least does.

4) After being forced to play the Legends intro game before you can access anything, went straight to Create A Playbook as I always do. Spent a bit of time just adding in formations I like and removing formations I don't like, not properly setting it all yet.

5) They weren't kidding when they said the playbooks have been trimmed down, could say even gutted. Not much to enthuse over formation-wise or plays-wise for me. Likely to have one or two I-Form, one or two Pistol, one or two Singleback, maybe 5 or so Shotgun. Some of my favorite Shotgun formations from M22 are meh now. Might even cut Shotgun down to one or two as well. But I'm also likely to not even bother.

Because....

I'm just not even enthused anymore playing video games. Well, Fifa 22 is at least a bit of crazy free-flowing fun once in a blue moon, tension as time ticks away to get an equalizer or survive a comeback. But Madden, or perhaps football itself, just feels like going thru the motions. Click something, select something, jerky bowling balls crash, little action, a pass break up, a tackle for 1 yard gain, press and hold A to skip, click something, select something, 2 secs of action, oh look i can right thumbstick a celebration, yay, press and hold A to skip, rinse/repeat.

I dunno, maybe I'm also just jaded and depleted. Just wanna go to sleep and not awake up.

Picked up M23 today.

1) The default opening lead in after game install is straight to MUT 👎

2) So many menus and pop ups and promo pages and having to press and hold A to skip cut shots. What a chore.

3) After playing Fifa 22 so much, the free-flowing game, I'm unfortunately finding football a drag to get into. Especially the jerky gameplay and player movements that EA's Madden has had since forever. EA's Fifa is so much smoother, even tho they have canned animations too it just blends together so much better. Almost seamless action. Running the ball, catching and running, returning a kick, it's all so jerky and bowling balls colliding. Doesn't even resemble real action, whereas Fifa at least does.

4) After being forced to play the Legends intro game before you can access anything, went straight to Create A Playbook as I always do. Spent a bit of time just adding in formations I like and removing formations I don't like, not properly setting it all yet.

5) They weren't kidding when they said the playbooks have been trimmed down, could say even gutted. Not much to enthuse over formation-wise or plays-wise for me. Likely to have one or two I-Form, one or two Pistol, one or two Singleback, maybe 5 or so Shotgun. Some of my favorite Shotgun formations from M22 are meh now. Might even cut Shotgun down to one or two as well. But I'm also likely to not even bother.

Because....

I'm just not even enthused anymore playing video games. Well, Fifa 22 is at least a bit of crazy free-flowing fun once in a blue moon, tension as time ticks away to get an equalizer or survive a comeback. But Madden, or perhaps football itself, just feels like going thru the motions. Click something, select something, jerky bowling balls crash, little action, a pass break up, a tackle for 1 yard gain, press and hold A to skip, click something, select something, 2 secs of action, oh look i can right thumbstick a celebration, yay, press and hold A to skip, rinse/repeat.

I dunno, maybe I'm also just jaded and depleted. Just wanna go to sleep and not awake up.

If you are struggling to find any joy in life GG, I'm sure I don't need to tell you what that most likely is a sign of.

NBA 2k is out at the end of the week, that will give you more enjoyment out of your sporting fix
It's not scoring, but the free-flowing game -- 10 mins of straight play, suspense, drama, no constant menus, thumbstick celebrations and cut scenes to skip...but also the realism of the animations and movements in fifa or nba vs the jerky unrealistic movements of madden. It's very noticeable.

If people are enjoying madden that's cool, don't wanna rain on that, I'll obviously keep trying to enjoy madden, just feel i fell in love with fifa and find madden less captivating.

The only problem with these other games is I feel you need to be a fan of the sport to fully commit to them & I am neither a real fan of soccer or basketball

Soccer is actually really fun on the playstation/xbox imo. I hate the game IRL, but it converts really well to gaming.

I used to play a World Cup one back on the PS2 for days back in the day, loved it.

Basketball was my equal fav sport growing up so cant really speak on that, since the Sonics havent been around though I lost interest in the NBA, used to love NBA Live back in the day, would play that all night.

Perfect excuse now, cant wait to get it, 90's NBA on today's console. Throwing alley oops from Gary Payton to Shawn Kemp....Unreal. So pumped up for it.

The only problem with these other games is I feel you need to be a fan of the sport to fully commit to them & I am neither a real fan of soccer or basketball
I'm a very casual EPL fan, and had never played soccer video games before. It was an eye-opener.

There are problems with Fifa 22, overly complex controls, hard to be good at, but just the free-flowing nature, all 10 mins of an online/offline game nonstop action .... PLUS .... the smooth animation transitions and movements it just looks/plays more realistic.

Just finding it real hard to get into Madden. Maybe i still eventually will?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back