Make a prediction for the summer

Remove this Banner Ad

India won’t sledge unless we do first, they only started sledging once kholi was captain as retaliation to the crude s**t they copped from us for years. I watched the entire England India series and it was England who were the antagonist and kholi and the Indians only retaliated.
If we want to give them anything don’t worry kholi will be right back in our face, which to be honest one thing I really respect about him, he won’t let his team be bullied by dickheads.

Kohli and the Indian bowlers to sledge the absolute crap out of the Australian batsman but the same people who blow up about Australia's sledging to claim its good to see the Indians giving it back.

India won’t sledge unless we do first, they only started sledging once kholi was captain as retaliation to the crude s**t they copped from us for years. I watched the entire England India series and it was England who were the antagonist and kholi and the Indians only retaliated.
If we want to give them anything don’t worry kholi will be right back in our face, which to be honest one thing I really respect about him, he won’t let his team be bullied by dickheads.

Called it! I assume the run-ins Kohli has had with Du Plessis, Elgar, Maharaj, Shamsi, Rabada, Stokes, Dickwella, Sohail Khan, Gambhir were just him retaliating too?

He's a competitive, aggressive, abrasive cricketer that sometimes sledges. And that's okay.

10460450.jpg

Aust to win easily
India to sook endlessly
Kohli to prove once again he is the biggest flog in world cricket.. but somehow will still claim ‘victim status’ .. and the same sheep will automatically believe and defend him

Last edited:
Aust to win easily
India to sook endlessly
Kohli to prove once again he is the biggest flog in world cricket.. but somehow will still claim ‘victim status’ .. and the same sheep will automatically believe and defend him
Until Warner comes back, definitely. When Warner comes back, close run thing but probably slides to #2.

Until Warner comes back, definitely. When Warner comes back, close run thing but probably slides to #2.

Rabada very unlucky to be pushed out of number 1. Ultimate flog

I think one massive variable that hasnt been discussed much is exactly what kind of pitches will be served up.

I think it will shape the series more so than the teams and quality within each side.

Our best chance is a green top. Yeah we will suck on it batting but so will they and it gives us a chance bowling them out. Unfortunately you will see roads, which isn't helped by the Adelaide test being a day test. Why isn't there a pink ball test in Adelaide, it just works there! I mean I'd like one in Sydney to be honest.

It would be a mistake to to underestimate India's bowling and even their ability to tackle us on a green top.

This is going to be one one of the most interesting summers for a a while. Our top 3 batsmen are either suspended or injured.

I agree their bowlers are very good, but if we are fair dinkum for one second, our bowling is our only component that we can rely on. Why not make a bowling friendly pitch to cater for this? A road hurts us because they have better bats, and we will bowl our bowlers to the ground and we have no backup (Pattinson isn't a realistic backup).

I agree their bowlers are very good, but if we are fair dinkum for one second, our bowling is our only component that we can rely on. Why not make a bowling friendly pitch to cater for this? A road hurts us because they have better bats, and we will bowl our bowlers to the ground and we have no backup (Pattinson isn't a realistic backup).

Summer of cricket will be far more entertaining if scores of 250-300 runs scored in an innings is the best a team can do. It means almost every test will lead to a result even taking into account rain.

Im all for bowling friendly pitches.

It will be IMO the last time that we can "doctor" pitches and take advantage of them with the coin toss.

The time is soon approaching where the visiting team will automatically "win the toss". ie. Visitors get to choose first to bat or bowl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Summer of cricket will be far more entertaining if scores of 250-300 runs scored in an innings is the best a team can do. It means almost every test will lead to a result even taking into account rain.

Im all for bowling friendly pitches.

It will be IMO the last time that we can "doctor" pitches and take advantage of them with the coin toss.

The time is soon approaching where the visiting team will automatically "win the toss". ie. Visitors get to choose first to bat or bowl.

I agree with going away with coin tosses especially in test cricket

Our best chance is a green top. Yeah we will suck on it batting but so will they and it gives us a chance bowling them out. Unfortunately you will see roads, which isn't helped by the Adelaide test being a day test. Why isn't there a pink ball test in Adelaide, it just works there! I mean I'd like one in Sydney to be honest.

I have no idea why people suggest this.

Closest England came to beating Australia? Green Adelaide deck. Closest NZ came? Green Adelaide deck. Biggest hiding Australia has had here in years? Green Hobart deck.

Granted SA don’t need any help but the point remains.
People do not seem to get it - India have GOOD seamers. They’re not SA good and they’re a little behind Australia but they are good.

What happens when two sides play on raging turners, and one side has a good spin attack, the other has a mediocre one? The mediocre one suddenly gets twice as good. It’s happening right now between England and Sri Lanka. The same principal applies with pace. Helpful decks make a bigger difference to lesser bowlers.
Put Steyn and Anderson on a flat pitch, Steyn is twice as good. Put them on a seamer, they’re equals.

Australia has 3 fast bowlers who can take bags of wickets on batsman friendly pitches. India has one or two. Why suddenly make it so that any of Kumar, Shami, Sharma or Yadav - or Bumrah for that matter - can suddenly become a match winner?

Never mind that India have actually played - despite the score lines - quite decent cricket on relatively green tracks in SA and england this year

The test bowling attack will be changed around not due to resting or injury

No, Kohli is a dickhead. Gun bat, still a dickhead.

Watching Sri Lanka get belted at home v England, it might be a good series v Australia, just a shame its been relegated to just 2 tests at 2nd rate venues

The scheduling is just stupid.

When did 2 and 4 Test series become a thing?

Should be 3 or 5, otherwise, they’re basically stating that winning the series isn’t the priority.

The indifference for the sport in Australia currently v the fanaticism of indian supporters will be stark this summer.

Sydney and Melbourne matches especially will be 70/30 their way

Thats the biggest problem in our country.

Its summer, we need to all get behind cricket here. Cricket has started, but you get the feeling most cannot wait for the AFL to begin in February.

The scheduling is just stupid.

When did 2 and 4 Test series become a thing?

Should be 3 or 5, otherwise, they’re basically stating that winning the series isn’t the priority.

Plus the timing, everyone is getting over cricket by February, Australia is usually heading overseas yet now we have a test series at home?

I feel like it’s getting similar treatment to the old top end series mid year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back