Analysis Make Dusty captain.

Your pick for Captain.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If the captaincy change is for the future, there is no point having anyone older than Cotch replacing him.
This rules out Jack R & shedda
Dusty & Grimes i believe are options for the next 2 years
Jack G - There after till he wants it

If the captaincy change is for the future, there is no point having anyone older than Cotch replacing him.
Shedda playing perm HF could play for another 4yrs.

Shedda playing perm HF could play for another 4yrs.
Two years ago would of agreed but last year seemed like his body was starting to give out a little think maybe two years left of good footy but with some conservative management

Two years ago would of agreed but last year seemed like his body was starting to give out a little think maybe two years left of good footy but with some conservative management
None of them were soft tissue injures, just plain bad luck and being forced to play sore. He'll be right this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty and Grimes 31 next year, the same age Cotchin stepped down from captaincy. If you’re looking for future as you said and age is your factor then Vlaustin/Lambert/Shorty/Broad/Graham (24-29) would be better suited

I seem to remember hearing the club is not interested in the cocaptain model.
And there is no scenario where Martin would be 'demanding' the captaincy. He has his hand up with other players, or he doesn't. We know who the potential players are. The players will vote. There will be discussions with coaches and a decision will be made.
I guess you mean that Martin is 100% invested in taking it on. But my feeling is he wouldn't even be putting his name in if he wasn't.

yeah poor choice to say demand but he has to have his hand up for sure

If he was such a great leader and leads by example why wasn’t he given a vice captain position when Alex Rance left? That was only a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wasn't that 3 years ago?

No Rance was still vice and doing “leadership” in 2019. He only stepped down from club this time 2020

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rance quit in December 2019, 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Grimes and Lynch look the obvious two IMO.

Dusty just case of the best player, and clearly leading by example on the field with actions.
But best player doesn't automatically mean best fit for captain (tho it doesn't rule it out either).

And sadly, with his old mans passing, I'm not sure he would want the added responsibility atm... who knows

Grimes and Lynch look the obvious two IMO.

Dusty just case of the best player, and clearly leading by example on the field with actions.
But best player doesn't automatically mean best fit for captain (tho it doesn't rule it out either).

And sadly, with his old mans passing, I'm not sure he would want the added responsibility atm... who knows
I imagine if Dusty wanted it, he’d get it but I’m thinking he won’t be a candidate.

My choice is Lynch

Doesn't it come down to who the players want and coaching staff? From an outside perceptive Grimes would be my choice, but doesn't he have a wine business he's also running? You need someone who is footy 100% on and off-field. I never saw Martin as a Captain, but you never know.

I imagine if Dusty wanted it, he’d get it but I’m thinking he won’t be a candidate.

My choice is Lynch
I'm not sure on that...

It's the obvious assumption, but maybe the Richmond Man thinking means the players and staff see other people as better leaders than Dusty???

Back