Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So he will start training today? If he is fit and ready, will Mou start him this week? I'm sure Pogba will want to play, or will he start on the bench.

And if he does start I hope it is alongside Morgan and not Carrick.

So he will start training today? If he is fit and ready, will Mou start him this week? I'm sure Pogba will want to play, or will he start on the bench.

And if he does start I hope it is alongside Morgan and not Carrick.
yeah, he is training today. If he is 100%, he'll defo start. He has to play beside Morgs rather than Carrick or we'll get cut to bits on the counter attack. He's an AM/10 but can play box to box. He actually had more tackles than anyone else at Juve last year. Playing him deep will limit his effectiveness going forward though.

As I mentioned early, reckon he plays beside Morgs this year. Rooney is sold next summer and we buy a high quality mid with Pogs going to #10.

Next year we probably buy a mid as mentioned, a CF and an RB (assuming Mike and Bailly play well this year). Lots on here want another CB coming in. I'd rather not if Mike, Bailly and Daley play well this year. Axel Tuanzebe is a ridiculously good prospect at CB and is a leader at the back. Either loan him out to a prem team or have him on the bench every week. I don't want another CB in front of him if we can avoid it.

Should give some credit to Woody. Mou has come in with a 4 player shopping list and Woody has delivered. Woody usually does 1 interview per year around the start of the season. Looking forward to that.

He needs to get better at selling players so we'll see how he goes over the next 20 days with that.

I think Woody has been hamstrung by his managers dilly dallying over transfer targets. This hasn't been an issue under Mou. He's clearly capable whether you think the price paid is good value. As long as the Glazers continue to back Mou and Woody, we could have a ridiculous squad in a few years.

Moyes was a classic dilly dally. Woody gets the job done when the manager inforces a plan and says "get it done. We saw it with Di Maria (Kinda wish he was still here), Falcao, Herrera, Morgan, Zlatan, Depay, Pogba, Shaw etc, we have made a fair few transfers over the last 1-2 years, just need to ship out the dead wood but make sure we keep the right depth players. Valencia and Young, I've been critical in recent times but they'll be good depth options. Carrick to have in midfield when required is nice.

I really want Depay to make a claim for a spot this season, started so well last season but then turned to a pile of scattered turds.

CpavfIZW8AALXvk.jpg:large

What do you think of this Future XI Doctor Bojan_?

-----------Martial--------Rashford---------
-------------------Gribbin------------------
-----------Pogba----------Gomes----------
----------------Fosu-Mensah---------------
--Shaw----Tuanzebe--Williams--Warren--
-------------------de Gea-------------------

I chose the diamond formation to accommodate all the talents we have now + I think it could easily be transformed into a 4-3-3 false nine system too.

It's got me feeling all tingly inside. Do you think I've missed anyone?

What do you think of this Future XI Doctor Bojan_?

-----------Martial--------Rashford---------
-------------------Gribbin------------------
-----------Pogba----------Gomes----------
----------------Fosu-Mensah---------------
--Shaw----Tuanzebe--Williams--Warren--
-------------------de Gea-------------------

I chose the diamond formation to accommodate all the talents we have now + I think it could easily be transformed into a 4-3-3 false nine system too.

It's got me feeling all tingly inside. Do you think I've missed anyone?
looks like the kind of team i'd have in FM hahaha.

That would have to be the team in 5 years.

I'd probably change the RB (not sure Warren will make it), Williams on the bench, Bailly in. That TFM, Poggles, Angel and Gribbs diamond is pretty mouthwatering. Watch out for Aidy Barlow this year....bangs in the goals. We have signed Bohui and a fair few foreigners this year. Who knows if they'll all make it. If you can get 1 per year then you are doing well. Mason Greenwood bangs heaps of goals but is only 15 atm lol

Gribbin and Angel are obviously the biggest talents. Gribbin has had an attitude adjustment since Warren Joyce got a hold of him in the U21's lol Has improved remarkably this pre-season apparently. Would like to see Gomes in the U21's at some stage this year too. Too many 21 year olds in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looks like the kind of team i'd have in FM hahaha.

That would have to be the team in 5 years.

I'd probably change the RB (not sure Warren will make it), Williams on the bench, Bailly in. That TFM, Poggles, Angel and Gribbs diamond is pretty mouthwatering. Watch out for Aidy Barlow this year....bangs in the goals. We have signed Bohui and a fair few foreigners this year. Who knows if they'll all make it. If you can get 1 per year then you are doing well. Mason Greenwood bangs heaps of goals but is only 15 atm lol

Gribbin and Angel are obviously the biggest talents. Gribbin has had an attitude adjustment since Warren Joyce got a hold of him in the U21's lol Has improved remarkably this pre-season apparently. Would like to see Gomes in the U21's at some stage this year too. Too many 21 year olds in there.
i posted it in the youf fred but if you haven't seen it, here is Callum Gribbin tearing Barca's defence a new one last week.

i posted it in the youf fred but if you haven't seen it, here is Callum Gribbin tearing Barca's defence a new one last week.

And the Ronaldo celebration to top it off. :thumbsu:

Just awesome! :thumbsu:

probably the biggest intent by the club to show de gea why he should stick around instead of moving to real

How fortunate are we to be able to still say that we have the best keeper in the world at our disposal, thanks in no small part to Real's ineptitude? That club couldn't get it done last year and now 12 months later we have added one of the world best manager, a capable defender in front of him, Mkhitaryan, Zlatan, Paul Pogba and in a winning system that De Gea will want to be part of. Madrid are dreaming if they think they can piss in his ear to join them.

Out of all our academy players who coming up are you most excited about bojan and who would you liken them too
Angel Gomes and Callum Gribbin.

Angel Gomes is like a combination of Paul Scholes and Thiago Alcantara.

Gribbin is a better version of Adnan Januzaj. He's an inverted RW or #10 with terrific vision, skill and passing ability. He has enough acceleration to get past someone but he's not lightning quick.

There are plenty of other good players coming through atm, particularly defensively. I haven't seen enough of the foreign lads yet to comment but watch out for Lee O'Connor, the Irish lad we have just signed. There are huge hopes for him back in Ireland. Had a goal and an assist for Ireland U17's last week.....from RB. He can pretty much play anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back