News Marcus Adams trade thread (Adams for 32 & HAW's future 3rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

For what its worth a mate of mine is a mad dogs supporter and reckons IF he can get fit and stay fit, he is a potential all Australian, but on the negative side says he keeps to himself often happier to have the headphones on and tune out rather than mix with his teammates. Also drives the physio team mad by continuing to ignore their advice of shedding weight and continues to keep bulking up in the gym.

Will be excited if we sign him, but will move on quickly if not.
This is just plain dumb if true.

From my understanding, carrying a heap of additional muscle mass causes more stress on the body, which leads to more injuries in a sport such as this, which, shock horror, he is experiencing. If he comes up to Brisbane with the same mindset then it won't matter how good our physios are, he will end up in the NEAFL or more predictably stuck in the rehab group.

Last edited:

I would suspect body dysmorphia more than being dumb, if he is working out to the detriment of his own health.

From my understanding, carrying a heap of additional muscle mass causes more stress on the body, which leads to more injuries in a sport such as this, which, shock horror, he is experiencing. If he comes up to Brisbane with the same mindset then it won't matter how good our physios are, he will end up in the NEAFL or more predictably stuck in the rehab group.
Would hope Noble has a word to him if it is true. Whats the point in bringing him in if he is not going to listen to our medicos

I would suspect body dysmorphia more than being dumb, if he is working out to the detriment of his own health.
Could just as well be ego related as well though. If it is a mental health issue, then I do hope the club psychologist is onto it quickly.

LOL

How long have Brisbane been in the wilderness for?

*Wants to point out that the dogs have won one premiereship in their entire history even though they’re a Melbourne club and had decades on the lions who have won 3*

*Wants to point out that the dogs have always been the forgotten club of Victoria*

*Decides against these wants because this supporter has caught the bait other posters have set for him multiple times in this thread*

*Goes back to thinking the dogs are a Perth team because of their name*

*6 months later forgets the dogs have even won one premiereship*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty good at that game too.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
1*MIcK6DRrlt3mE4J8NPmvLw.jpeg

Is this Lukes brother Sam? Didn't we delist/trade him? Still salty

Never played for us. There were suggestions along the way that we would unite the brothers at some point but never did. Sam was a very ordinary player.

Let’s all be sensible

Adams is not an AA quality player but he is handy and could be useful for you guys. I’m more than happy to let him go as I personally think he will continue to have body issues and not get on the field but that’s purely my opinion based on a small amount of inside info. I actually don’t know why you are that keen on him but obviously the lions have a plan.

Now to the heart of the issue that has noting to do with the lions. Marcus asked to go home last year before changing his mind and signing for more money and years. He then did the same thing this year saying he NEEDED to go home and when he got NO interest from both WA teams the lions suddenly popped up. I think the dogs believe Marcus has lied to them and therefore are basically giving in nothing.

Therefore I would imagine you still can get him BUT you will have to over pay for him and again personally I wouldn’t do that. The dogs will want a pick in the 20s I think he is worth a pick around 35.

Be interesting to see who if anyone blinks first

Let’s all be sensible

Adams is not an AA quality player but he is handy and could be useful for you guys. I’m more than happy to let him go as I personally think he will continue to have body issues and not get on the field but that’s purely my opinion based on a small amount of inside info. I actually don’t know why you are that keen on him but obviously the lions have a plan.

Now to the heart of the issue that has noting to do with the lions. Marcus asked to go home last year before changing his mind and signing for more money and years. He then did the same thing this year saying he NEEDED to go home and when he got NO interest from both WA teams the lions suddenly popped up. I think the dogs believe Marcus has lied to them and therefore are basically giving in nothing.

Therefore I would imagine you still can get him BUT you will have to over pay for him and again personally I wouldn’t do that. The dogs will want a pick in the 20s I think he is worth a pick around 35.

Be interesting to see who if anyone blinks first

If the club thinks he's lying to them and are playing hardball to spite him it sort of renders the relationship untenable.

I don't know why the dogs are posturing to be honest. Just looks silly given the events from 12 months ago. I genuinely don't think the club are going to be pressured into paying anything more than they want to for Adams. Just no pressure on the club to do so.

If the club thinks he's lying to them and are playing hardball to spite him it sort of renders the relationship untenable.

I don't know why the dogs are posturing to be honest. Just looks silly given the events from 12 months ago. I genuinely don't think the club are going to be pressured into paying anything more than they want to for Adams. Just no pressure on the club to do so.

The club doesn’t think they know he has lied

Ask them to go home and goes to Brisbane? Mate it’s not hard to work out he has lied.

But as I said I personally don’t care if he goes just saying I think that’s what my club will do, right or wrong and if you pay anymore than pick 30 for him that’s a loss for you that I wouldnt do. The guy will be a bust and you don’t need him, you are placed pretty well at present.

We bave a new list manager who was SOS' apprentice. A new approach and some boundary setting no doubt.

We've pretty much adopted the position come trade time for the last few yrs, so a new approach won't hurt.

I'd personally take Brissie's 2019 second rd but then maybe Ive been conditioned to receive shitty trade outcomes.

The club doesn’t think they know he has lied

Ask them to go home and goes to Brisbane? Mate it’s not hard to work out he has lied.

But as I said I personally don’t care if he goes just saying I think that’s what my club will do, right or wrong and if you pay anymore than pick 30 for him that’s a loss for you that I wouldnt do. The guy will be a bust and you don’t need him, you are placed pretty well at present.

Yeah your thoughts on Adams are harsh but they contain an element of truth.

It just seems weird that that's the kind of player that the dogs are going to get uppity about.

We bave a new list manager who was SOS' apprentice. A new approach and some boundary setting no doubt.

We've pretty much adopted the position come trade time for the last few yrs, so a new approach won't hurt.

I'd personally take Brissie's 2019 second rd but then maybe Ive been conditioned to receive shitty trade outcomes.

That makes sense then if the guy is new. Just feeling his way into things.

I'd do a 2019 second with some trepidation so probably indicates it's an ok trade.

Yeah your thoughts on Adams are harsh but they contain an element of truth.

It just seems weird that that's the kind of player that the dogs are going to get uppity about.

That makes sense then if the guy is new. Just feeling his way into things.

I'd do a 2019 second with some trepidation so probably indicates it's an ok trade.
Yeah late second rounder for me, nothing under 30

*Wants to point out that the dogs have won one premiereship in their entire history even though they’re a Melbourne club and had decades on the lions who have won 3*

*Wants to point out that the dogs have always been the forgotten club of Victoria*

*Decides against these wants because this supporter has caught the bait other posters have set for him multiple times in this thread*

*Goes back to thinking the dogs are a Perth team because of their name*

*6 months later forgets the dogs have even won one premiereship*
Changed their name but still have won two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back