Toast “Mark LeCras wins flag, you know what happened next”

Does Lecca call it quits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I think he'll re-sign for another year and Simmo will keep playing him all year regardless of form out of respect for him. Every chance that he'll still be pretty serviceable.

Last edited:
Did i read somewhere he has a brother who plays for Cervantes(?), not a bad player who was looking forward to playing together again with Lecca for Cervantes...?

No from me...what a difference 12 months can make.

I want to see other players get an opportunity but we still need mature depth. Schofield is a perfect example of this.

Keep him in as long as he’s fit and happy.
Schofield is a different beast , happy to play Wafl . Lecca won't play wafl. Like Priddis , too proud . Oscar , Brander , Waterman , Petrucelle should be blooded more and its Lecca's spot most vulnerable . Injuries to the forwards and inexperienced draftees made him valuable this year , his value decreases the better the draftees get . Simmo should tell him he is extra to needs behind the kids and let him decide , but he is likely to retire if Simmo gives him that info.

I think he should. Go out on top and open a spot for some of our younger players to get games like petch. Could free up a couple hundred k in the salary cap also to front load some contracts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lecras isn't going to demand much money at all, it'll be a pretty cheap one year contract extension.

I think he should go again, but only if he has the hunger, otherwise go enjoy life. It would be hard to walk away from not only the club, but say perhaps 150k after tax as well to keep doing what you love.

I think next year if he's best available he plays. Oscar Allen the most talented in the wings (with Venables already in the side).

Petrucelle might take a bit longer still to show anything ground breaking. So much potential from an athleticism perspective though that he's very exciting.

Hmmm

I’d keep him as a forward coach if he retires

Or cheap deal.....there is a minimum I think

But he’s good insurance if other guys get injured

I think he should retire but don't think he will.
If he is happy enough to hang around as mentor to the young blokes and play WAFL if his form drops, I guess there is no reason not to go another year.

I reckon retire but I've said his experience as a forward coach would be great or goal kicking coach.

I've ying yang on lucca....but I've shifted towards retiement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching some more highlights.

After Cox got the pies eventual last goal and were 11 points up Adams (I think) had the ball in the centre and was about to drive Collingwood inside 50 and LeCras tackled him and the ball spilled to an Eagle which started the play to lead to Kennedys 3rd goal.

Lecca

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

After Cox got the pies eventual last goal and were 11 points up Adams (I think) had the ball in the centre and was about to drive Collingwood inside 50 and LeCras tackled him and the ball spilled to an Eagle which started the play to lead to Kennedys 3rd goal.

Lecca

That whole contest was awesome, they just put up a video on AFL.com of moments we may have missed. The pressure was insane, we kept getting numbers to the Pies players and eventually win the footy.

Jack Darlings handball to Ryan :fire:

Lecca

Also pressure Langdon on the line for Rioli's first goal, our first of the game. He was involved a fair bit in the centre circle in that last quarter. Appears a fair bit in the video 'Eagles flag heroics you may have missed'. Redden has a massive tackle on Adams as well.

You can tell he's not part of that forward 6 "holding their structure", he's coming in off the front or back of the square. Coaches obviously wanted him involved. Comes in from the wing with 1:39 on the clock in the 4th to pressure Maynard who turns it over.

Rioli and Vardy's defensive work in that centre clearance are huge.

The video shows a few of the chases by Yeo as well, all these little things in the middle is what helps Hurn, Barrass, McGovern and Cole get intercept marks.

Unsure if it has already been noted, but if Lecca does spend some time in the Wafl next year, he won’t have to wear a Royals jumper. That could just tip the scale for him to say, “Sure - I can be depth player for $250k.”

Unsure if it has already been noted, but if Lecca does spend some time in the Wafl next year, he won’t have to wear a Royals jumper. That could just tip the scale for him to say, “Sure - I can be depth player for $250k.”

Fair point and one I'd completely overlooked if we go stand alone. He is a West Perth boy is that right? They're the club hoping to be saved if we are forced into a new alignment, and this might help too.

Fair point and one I'd completely overlooked if we go stand alone. He is a West Perth boy is that right? They're the club hoping to be saved if we are forced into a new alignment, and this might help too.

Yep - very strong West Perth ties.

Similar to Ashton Hams in a way - With the East Perth alignment, Hams retired to play for South Freo rather than extend his afl career and have to play for the Royals.

This I don’t really get though Lecras gets drafted as a eighteen yr old and has a Afl career playing for 12 yrs straight at the Afl level it’s just bullshit ego not to play at EP with the other squad members ..

This I don’t really get though Lecras gets drafted as a eighteen yr old and has a Afl career playing for 12 yrs straight at the Afl level it’s just bullshit ego not to play at EP with the other squad members ..
If it's true. The reality is, some players at the tail end of their career probably just don't want to go through all the work of an AFL player to play WAFL. If you are likely to be playing WAFL and have achieved it all, why bother? Others may want the income or just love to be in the environment. I really doubt LeCras has said he won't play for East Perth because it's East Perth and he only wants to play for West Perth. It is likely that if he thinks his role is at WAFL level, he would either rather retire or play WAFL for his former club and be away from the AFL demands.

Similar to Ashton Hams in a way - With the East Perth alignment, Hams retired to play for South Freo rather than extend his afl career and have to play for the Royals.
Filthy garlics should feel honoured to wear a proper wafl clubs colours

Back