Marquee Matches - Pride Match Fail

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a big event for some in the community.

And there is no toilet issue, just sh***y attitudes.
People have this idea that it'll be a bad caricature drag queen with fake **** and a beard heading into the loo. Reality is: trans people do already use bathrooms of choice, you just don't know it.

It's a big event for some in the community.

And there is no toilet issue, just sh***y attitudes.
it seemed executed in a rather amateurish manner, but the sentiment was ok.

I did like the outcry from people about taking their kids....walk 20m around the corner to the next loo ffs.
Sometimes i have to do that due to queues.

Anyways - AFL game to celebrate a group within the community who've had a hard time of it historically.
why is this an issue?
Even Izzy should be ok with this. Great commandment and all.

it seemed executed in a rather amateurish manner, but the sentiment was ok.

I did like the outcry from people about taking their kids....walk 20m around the corner to the next loo ffs.
Sometimes i have to do that due to queues.

Anyways - AFL game to celebrate a group within the community who've had a hard time of it historically.
why is this an issue?
Even Izzy should be ok with this. Great commandment and all.

+1

You are right it was a bit amateurish. But given that the stadium itself has no gender-neutral toilets the only thing they could have done was to repurpose some of the existing ones.

And for all the outrage, there were three gender-neutral toilets on the night. Just three. In a stadium that has a dual block every second aisle, probably about 100 overall.

Some people really just love a minority to hurl rocks at, I guess.

FOR most of Western history all sex out of marriage was treated as an illegal and immoral act. Christian aggressive moralism on this subject really got let loose when it came to homosexuality. The sooner all this archaic only have sex with your wife/husband to make children laws are wiped off the books worldwide the better. As much as conservative forces love to fight against this they are losing the war. And that can only be a good thing.
But has the sexual revolution been a good thing?.... all over western civilization there's a scourge of single mothers, for whom as hard as they try, those children on average will be at a vaste disadvantage to children in a nuclear family structure. And that doesn't even address the poverty and welfare implications...

The AFL has learnt from the great 'Hallmark.'
Create events to sell your product.
And don't forget the toilets! WTF...dicks go where they always go and fannies the same.

But has the sexual revolution been a good thing?.... all over western civilization there's a scourge of single mothers, for whom as hard as they try, those children on average will be at a vaste disadvantage to children in a nuclear family structure. And that doesn't even address the poverty and welfare implications...

Yet it is countries that are highly religious that tend to be the most poor. And it is much, much healthier for a child to be brought up by a loving, competent single parent than to be brought up in a dysfunctional violent nuclear family.

The sexual revolution has allowed women to have a career (the pill was one of the most important developments of the 20th century), to have children (if and) when they are ready, reduced the number of shotgun weddings and allowed us to deal with sex in an open manner. IMHO hiding sex behind closed doors (so to speak) and pretending it doesn't happen was one of the reasons why abuse of children in religious institutions was allowed to flourish.

So yes, the sexual revolution has been a good thing.

Also need to stop referring to Christianity as a single ideology with a single interpretation.

All religions are open to interpretation. Extremists who interpret Christianity with a radical lens (the Israel Folau mould) developed dogmas that enforced patriarchy, suppressed women as well as the true nature of humanity, which is that we're incredibly complex and gender roles aren't as simple as "husband and wife".

But there are also millions of compassionate Christians who interpret the religion entirely different and are welcoming of diversity.

You can easily be gay and Christian. The religion isn't owned by extremists, although they tend to think they do and have some moral superiority complex to impose their warped, radical views of society on the rest of us.

you might have them tendencies but if you read the Bible it’s pretty clear that it’s sub to act on it. It’s not my point of view it’s what the Bible clearly states. I can throw instead of hand pass and still play football but it’s quite clearly against the rules.

The second culture changed was the Roman one which had civilization long before. The notion that someone could be saved by murdering them seemed central to Christianity and it’s two main flavours five hundred years ago. All based on some poor translation of some second hand stories
Anything can be warped to suit psychopathic ideology

Great strawman arguing. People have been experimenting with contraceptives for a few years apparently. Also we have the pill and condoms heck there is even some work on a male pill! Dial back the moral panic mate.
Ye like no teen has ever needed an abortion over the last few years. Either way sex is treated like nothing special anymore. So many relationship issues and breakdowns. It’s all one messy free for all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you might have them tendencies but if you read the Bible it’s pretty clear that it’s sub to act on it. It’s not my point of view it’s what the Bible clearly states. I can throw instead of hand pass and still play football but it’s quite clearly against the rules.
The most important part of the Bible, the Gospels, which delineate Christianity, say very little about homosexuality. They are the only part of the Bible which have a direct reference to Christ and his word. The rest of the Bible is supposedly man speaking through some devine power. Whether you believe Christ was the son of God or not, he still didn't specifically single out homosexuality as bad and he is the head of the Christian Church.

The most important part of the Bible, the Gospels, which delineate Christianity, say very little about homosexuality. They are the only part of the Bible which have a direct reference to Christ and his word. The rest of the Bible is supposedly man speaking through some devine power. Whether you believe Christ was the son of God or not, he still didn't specifically single out homosexuality as bad and he is the head of the Christian Church.

The gospels of themselves are meaningless without the context of the Old Testament. So some Guy died for you? Who cares? Why did He even bother? I can pick and choose bible books, chapters and versus to suit any ideal. Jesus never said not to sleep with your sister either...

It’s fine if you don’t want to agree with it, we all make our own life choices and deal with the consequences. Being and actively gay Christian is having one shoe in each camp.

The gospels of themselves are meaningless without the context of the Old Testament. So some Guy died for you? Who cares? Why did He even bother? I can pick and choose bible books, chapters and versus to suit any ideal. Jesus never said not to sleep with your sister either...

It’s fine if you don’t want to agree with it, we all make our own life choices and deal with the consequences. Being and actively gay Christian is having one shoe in each camp.
Incorrect because the gospels are almost completely contradictory to the old testament.
For example, the old testament preaches an eye for an eye, yet Christ was emphatic that you must turn the other cheek. You can't get more contradictory than that.

i'm just glad love won #LOVEWINS. imagine if it lost! i couldn't marry someone i hate.
donald-melania-3.jpg

Religion is a bit - no, a lot - more complex than that.

So that the activists can set the agenda?

The Gay community is not one homogeneous group. I'm not sure you grasp that reality.
I don't think identity politics allows for anything but homogeneous groups. The core philosophy is that your group identity (gender, race, sexuality) overrides your individuality

I don't think identity politics allows for anything but homogeneous groups. The core philosophy is that your group identity (gender, race, sexuality) overrides your individuality

Which is why many many people from these groups that are expected to tow the identity politics line of their "group" reject it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back