News Matt Clarke heads West. Replaced by Chris Toce

Remove this Banner Ad

A post from earlier in the year on the saints board -

Just a tidbit for those interested. MOIWYW

My friend is best friends with Roughead’s Wife, oft having dinner drinks etc

Sarah Roughead told my friend that Jarryd was incredibly miserable working under SOS compared with previous setup and would be borderline tears some nights. Said sos would fly off the handle and then not speak to him for a month. I asked further details but feedback was more about how roughy felt.

To see Toce walk as well/get pushed is concerning. I’ll be keeping a very close eye on recruiting/list management under sos 🫣
emoji849.png

Had the players, but sh1t culture n crap coaches, look how well their list is doing now with Ross the Boss.

High draft picks ought to be a bonus for our recruiting
they made and lost an elim big deal

this year is only 3 rounds old

Richmond is delighted to announce it has appointed Chris Toce as the Club’s new National Recruiting Manager.

Toce has over a decade of experience in AFL recruitment, having spent nine years at St Kilda (2015-2023) and five with Collingwood (2010-14).

A renowned talent identifier, Toce was elevated to St Kilda’s National Head of Recruiting in February 2022.

Toce had previously been the Saints’ State Recruiting Manager, focussing on Allies regions (NSW/ACT, Queensland, Tasmania, Northern Territory) from 2015-18 and South Australia, Western Australia, and Victoria from 2018-2022.

Richmond General Manager- Football Talent Blair Hartley said Toce stood out across a thorough process.

“Chris has extensive experience and a proven track record working across the country to identify talent,” he said.

“He is an excellent character with a strong work ethic, and we look forward to having him as part of our recruiting team and broader football department. He will help us strengthen the talent that comes into our Club.

“We are delighted to have Chris on board and welcome him and his family to the Richmond Football Club.”

Toce added that he was honoured and grateful to be starting his new role at Richmond.

“Thanks to Blair Hartley and Tim Livingstone for believing in me and giving me this opportunity,” he said.

“I am eager to work with our team of recruiters and to help add to the talent that is already in the door.”

Richmond currently holds multiple selections in the second and third rounds (three) of the 2024 AFL Draft, as well as its own first-round pick.

Toce will commence with the Club immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond is delighted to announce it has appointed Chris Toce as the Club’s new National Recruiting Manager.

Toce has over a decade of experience in AFL recruitment, having spent nine years at St Kilda (2015-2023) and five with Collingwood (2010-14).

A renowned talent identifier, Toce was elevated to St Kilda’s National Head of Recruiting in February 2022.

Toce had previously been the Saints’ State Recruiting Manager, focussing on Allies regions (NSW/ACT, Queensland, Tasmania, Northern Territory) from 2015-18 and South Australia, Western Australia, and Victoria from 2018-2022.

Richmond General Manager- Football Talent Blair Hartley said Toce stood out across a thorough process.

“Chris has extensive experience and a proven track record working across the country to identify talent,” he said.

“He is an excellent character with a strong work ethic, and we look forward to having him as part of our recruiting team and broader football department. He will help us strengthen the talent that comes into our Club.

“We are delighted to have Chris on board and welcome him and his family to the Richmond Football Club.”

Toce added that he was honoured and grateful to be starting his new role at Richmond.

“Thanks to Blair Hartley and Tim Livingstone for believing in me and giving me this opportunity,” he said.

“I am eager to work with our team of recruiters and to help add to the talent that is already in the door.”

Richmond currently holds multiple selections in the second and third rounds (three) of the 2024 AFL Draft, as well as its own first-round pick.

Toce will commence with the Club immediately.

Gone for a proven national recruiting manager I see. Good luck hope it works out

I know it’s been said to death, what he’s done…But you can’t fluke these things…NWM, Windhager, Mitchito and Wilkie - could form the nucleus of the Saints next premiership side…They may not too, but it’s good spotting by Chris…

When we can't match a bid until after pick 40, what the point in investing serious time & $$$ into it? The only player types we can get from it as it stands are the next eggy.
Making you can't match in the first round for everybody would be a sensible step?

the 2017 draft was a big miss for toce and the saints
He wasn't the head recruiter at the Saints in 2017 though.
Can really only credit him for when he has been the top guy.

That's why I don't give Matt Clarke credit for Dustin Martin even though he was a part of the team he wasn't main man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back