• AFL & Trigg hung Rendell out to dry-Extradite them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AD played a sole hand in this… and his sex life

• Trigg solely to blame-He will stop at nothing

• I will vote for Slippery Pete-‘winning’ policy

• Situation? What situation? Handled perfectly!

• Rendell is racist. He invented the 3 point line!

• Trigg; the Angel Saint of the AFC-Can do no wrong

• AD hated Matt; wanted him gone- The AFC bent over

• KONY2012

• My vote doesn't count…no white parent

• Jack Watts

• man_patto

• Who cares! Where's WALL-e?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've an admission to make... I actually don't mind Caro :eek:

But tonight - oh dear. "You haven't really explained why you made the comment" Umm, what? What do you think the first 10 minutes of the interview were about? He explained exactly why he made the comment and what the context was.

And then she garbled the next question where she seemed confused about who she was quoting - Rendell, Demetreiou from OTC or what Thomas had said at the start of the show. Was cringeworthy.

She was absolutely useless; to the point it makes you question her ability.

Thomas tells her that Misfud laughed off the comment and suggestion that Rendell was racist, to himself.

Caro then attacks Rendell for having made a joke of it and laughing about the comment - Rendell sits their dumbfounded, wondering wtf it is she's talking about.

Useless.

The fact Rendell did the right thing the club just reinforces the calibre and integrity of the man - and suggests even more so that we should've fought for him.

Vlad is the biggest issue, but it's a cop out to say Trigg has done nothing wrong.

He had to resign, because if he didn't Trigg would have been pushed by Demetriou to fire him. At least he left on his own terms. He was able to speak the truth and Trigg and Demetriou now should feel highly embarrassed. And if they don't, then their egos have grown too big.

He had to resign, because if he didn't Trigg would have been pushed by Demetriou to fire him. At least he left on his own terms. He was able to speak the truth and Trigg and Demetriou now should feel highly embarrassed. And if they don't, then their egos have grown too big.
The AFL isn't the AFC.

It's our Club.

Please make sure everyone who feels strongly about this sends an email to the club.

I have never seen an issue where so many people feel so strongly about the same thing. It would of been nice to have a poll, Im thinking it would be 500/2 in favour of Rendell.

He is going to come out of this smelling like roses. We miss out on his drafting genius in a year of a superdraft:thumbsdown:

We are the losers

Back to Matty R - i'm still waiting to hear from Vader on how he honestly thinks this situation will end up now.
Thought I had answered your question (though I can't be bothered searching through the thread to look for my response).

I think MR will be employed at an AFL club within 2 months - though he probably won't be back at Adelaide after Trigg burned that particular bridge.

I sincerely hope that the media will pursue Vlad, revealing him for the petty minded, two faced dog that we all know him to be, making his position untenable in the process.

I'd like to think that Trigg would be instrumental in organising an EGM, gaining the support of all the other AFL clubs to have Vlad's employment terminated. I'm honestly not sure that Trigg has the backbone required to pull this off.
I really struggle to see how mud can't stick to the club now.
How can it? Trigg was seen to act at the first hint of a whif of racism, thus there can be no racist connotations associated with the club. Trigg has been seen to burn a friend & colleague, which isn't good - but it shouldn't impact upon the club's viability, whereas failing to act as he did would have almost certainly had disastrous financial ramifications for the club.
I'm torn here, because I genuinely respect you, but you're doing a mugs work right now. We're bordering on a situation in which we're being told that opinions critical of the club are not allowed. Dont be suprised when we fight that move.
Nowhere have you been told that opinions critical of the club are not allowed. This entire thread is full of them. I just didn't see the point in filling the board with threads, all of which say exactly the same thing, all of which are on the same topic as a pre-existing thread.

You may be surprised to hear that only 2 threads were deleted last night and one other was closed. One of the deleted threads was nothing but a childish emotional outburst, the other was deleted on the basis that it had the topic was being done to death already and it was just one topic too many on the same subject.
'Carl's boycott thread got deleted outright because it's just a childish reactive piece of rubbish and the internet is better off without the waste of electrons.'

But hey, thats ok. Carl was atleast told:

"You've posted nothing but drivel continuously for the last 48 hours and the board would be much better off without your contributions."

Wonder how id go posting that at someone.
OK.. I could be a little bit more diplomatic. :eek:

To be fair, I was tired and sick of going through this rubbish last night. I'm only human.

My patience with Carl is wearing thin at the moment, with his constant trolling, sniping at the club & derailure of threads over the last few months. I'm less inclined to be diplomatic with him than just about any other poster on this board (with the possible exception of Slippery Pete).

I stand by the intent of my comment, even if the language could have been a bit nicer. Carl's boycott thread was a childish emotional outburst. He has posted nothing but drivel (in my opinion) in the last 48hrs - arguably the last 3 months.
Personal issues have crept into the moderating direction of the board far too often for my liking.
There's a difference between my moderating and my personal posting. On a personal basis I loathe Carl's constant trolling and derailing of threads.

As a moderator I cannot recall ever having to give Carl an infraction (feel free to ask Carl - he'll confirm that he hasn't had one from me in years, possibly ever). Whilst I disagree with him vehemently, I respect his right to be heard. Whilst he sticks within the boundaries imposed by the BigFooty administrators I will continue with my masterly inactivity..

You do realise that this is exactly what their job description instructs them to do?

I'm not sure that "corrupt" is the right word, but I am sure that Vlad is on par with John Howard for trustworthiness (and his own party labelled him the "lying rodent"). It's now patently clear that Vlad has been lying about his involvement since day 1. That doesn't necessarily equate to corruption.

Yes.. it's political correctness gone mad. That's the corporate world that Trigg & Vlad have to negotiate. That's life and that's reality. I don't like it any more than you do, but that doesn't mean that there is anything anyone can do about it.

Trigg has done nothing wrong. Vlad on the other hand should be impaled, with his head hung from a stake outside the front entrance to AFL House.[/quote]

Vlad, I agree with here.. but Trigg? You dont see it? He is Vlad's puppet. Maybe he should work for the AFL, not a club, not our club. Has he ever made any stance, or half-stance when it was required?
If MR story is true, or even half true , it is plausible and should've been used straight away to diffuse the situation to protect him and also the club. Stand up for your men. Let him do the press conference. Even last week, Vince gets punished for one beer in his boxers in a sectioned off room celebrating with team mates. One e-mail from an unknown source..have they been identified?? Until then, we back Bernie, no trouble caused, he didnt attack anyone with a machete, and he wasnt out until 6am. Back him up, the crowd told him that! Stand up for poor Bock and Davis compo.. even going back to Gibbs father/son. Need someone who's not Vlads puppet.

Sort of off-topic here but interesting to hear Matty got offered a role at Port as an assistant to Primus but he knocked it down last year.

Anyway, back on topic... all I can say is AD is the biggest ****. No doubt he forced Trigg to tell Rendall to resign. However he then says he never had anything to do with it? **** off Demetriou you twat, what a ****ing lier. I cannot wait till he's gone from this organisation. Cannot wait. He is a mole and is ruining AFL, he's made it into a plastic organisation.

As a long time Bigfooty reader, I actually rate SlipperyPete and Carl as two of the best posters even though I disagree with most things they say Vader.

How can it? Trigg was seen to act at the first hint of a whif of racism, thus there can be no racist connotations associated with the club. Trigg has been seen to burn a friend & colleague, which isn't good - but it shouldn't impact upon the club's viability, whereas failing to act as he did would have almost certainly had disastrous financial ramifications for the club.
So allowing Rendell to explain himself on Friday before sacking him (yes sacking, forcing him to resign is another way of saying sacking) would have "almost certainly had disastrous financial ramifications for the club"? Rendell's explanation would have erased any racist connotations associated with the club because his full comments and the context in which he said them had no hint of racism whatsoever, this preventing the mud that Trigg so desperately feared.

The mud that Bigfella said will now stick to the club has nothing to do with racism, but rather a club that is spineless and would happily thrown one of its own under the bus in an instant rather than challenge Vlad.

As a long time Bigfooty reader, I actually rate SlipperyPete and Carl as two of the best posters even though I disagree with most things they say Vader.
Carl definitely has something to offer and when he's not trolling his heart out he does occasionally come up with the occasional gem. Even when he is trolling, it's usually to provoke some thought from proponents of the other side of the argument. I just wish that he'd find some new material occasionally - the Neil Craig gags were tired & boring months ago.

As for Slippery Pete.. I'm yet to find a single redeeming feature to his posting.

Vlad, I agree with here.. but Trigg? You dont see it? He is Vlad's puppet. Maybe he should work for the AFL, not a club, not our club. Has he ever made any stance, or half-stance when it was required?
If MR story is true, or even half true , it is plausible and should've been used straight away to diffuse the situation to protect him and also the club. Stand up for your men. Let him do the press conference. Even last week, Vince gets punished for one beer in his boxers in a sectioned off room celebrating with team mates. One e-mail from an unknown source..have they been identified?? Until then, we back Bernie, no trouble caused, he didnt attack anyone with a machete, and he wasnt out until 6am. Back him up, the crowd told him that! Stand up for poor Bock and Davis compo.. even going back to Gibbs father/son. Need someone who's not Vlads puppet.
I don't think you (and a lot of other BigFooty posters) really understand what Trigg's job is.

Trigg's job is to ensure that the club runs smoothly, that the football department is as successful as it can be (and is funded accordingly). He is also charged with ensuring that the club remains financially viable. He is also charged with protecting the club's reputation. The welfare of the club is his #1 priority.

In the current financial climate, where money is tight, he doesn't have the luxury of letting things slide which have the potential to damage the club's brand/image. Any damage done has the potential to result in the loss of sponsorship dollars, noting that we ran a deficit last year and cannot afford to lose money in this way. Losing sponsorship dollars means spending less on the football department, which means less success on the field. Is that what you really want?

Trigg's job is not to protect his mates. He has to put the club first and foremost. If that means he is forced to make some unpopular decisions (Vince's slap on the wrist, Rendell's crucifixion) then that's what comes with the territory. It's a harsh and lonely job and I don't envy him being in this particular position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you (and a lot of other BigFooty posters) really understand what Trigg's job is.

Trigg's job is to ensure that the club runs smoothly, that the football department is as successful as it can be (and is funded accordingly). He is also charged with ensuring that the club remains financially viable. He is also charged with protecting the club's reputation. The welfare of the club is his #1 priority.

In the current financial climate, where money is tight, he doesn't have the luxury of letting things slide which have the potential to damage the club's brand/image. Any damage done has the potential to result in the loss of sponsorship dollars, noting that we ran a deficit last year and cannot afford to lose money in this way. Losing sponsorship dollars means spending less on the football department, which means less success on the field. Is that what you really want?

Trigg's job is not to protect his mates. He has to put the club first and foremost. If that means he is forced to make some unpopular decisions (Vince's slap on the wrist, Rendell's crucifixion) then that's what comes with the territory. It's a harsh and lonely job and I don't envy him being in this particular position.

Well he has failed horribly. I have never seen such anger towards the AFC. 95% of people are furious. He needs to do something fast

So allowing Rendell to explain himself on Friday before sacking him (yes sacking, forcing him to resign is another way of saying sacking) would have "almost certainly had disastrous financial ramifications for the club"? Rendell's explanation would have erased any racist connotations associated with the club because his full comments and the context in which he said them had no hint of racism whatsoever, this preventing the mud that Trigg so desperately feared.
Trigg had to act immediately. Even Rendell, with the benefit of a couple of hours contemplation, agreed with his decision.

People don't seem to understand just how seriously racism is taken by the club, the AFL and the business community in general. Racism almost destroyed Collingwood's brand back in 1993 when Nicky Winmar raised his jumper, pointed to his black skin and accused the Collingwood faithful of being racist towards him. It took them more than a decade to recover and to rehabilitate their image. Trigg could not afford to have even the faintest whif of racism associated with the club for this very reason.

The Adelaide faithful - and I'm sure this includes Trigg - never doubted that there was a good explanation, one which would clear MR of racism completely. Unfortunately, Trigg didn't have time to wait for this to emerge. He had to act immediately and to be seen to be acting immediately, for the greater good of the AFC.

Do I like the fact that he hung MR out to dry? No, I despise it. However, I don't see that he had any alternative.
The mud that Bigfella said will now stick to the club has nothing to do with racism, but rather a club that is spineless and would happily thrown one of its own under the bus in an instant rather than challenge Vlad.
With all due respect, this is rubbish. Everyone knows who the real villain is in this situation and it's not Trigg, Rendell or the AFC. It's that fat lying dog who resides in AFL House.

How Passionate was Matty last night! He went nuts in the interview.

As I have posted in previous threads, the quote didn't look good. However, I'm backing in Rendall now.

On his events, it was clearly a throw away line. I want MATT BACK!

I think that saying it was a throw away line is actually wrong. It was an attempt, if only poorly worded, to convey his feeling that if the AFL didn't implement changes now and let more Aboriginal kids be recruited only for a year later to have them on the scrap heap, it would leave clubs only two choices - to recruit Aboriginal kids from a more westernised family set up so the adjustment to AFL life is not as great as it currently is or just not recruit them at all.

It wasn't a throw away line, it was the crux of what he was trying to avoid. He wants these kids to succeed. How is that racist to want them to succeed by giving them the best possible chance?

As for this unnamed person that Caroline quoted as saying he was offended, who is he? Why did he not bring this matter to someone's knowledge in January? Or did he and Mifsud said it wasn't an issue? Or he didn't and Caroline is fabricating a story.

Rendell has been stripped and pushed out into the wind by higher powers for what seems like a very flimsy reason.

Disgraceful by all concerned.

Sort of off-topic here but interesting to hear Matty got offered a role at Port as an assistant to Primus but he knocked it down last year.

Anyway, back on topic... all I can say is AD is the biggest ****. No doubt he forced Trigg to tell Rendall to resign. However he then says he never had anything to do with it? **** off Demetriou you twat, what a ****ing lier. I cannot wait till he's gone from this organisation. Cannot wait. He is a mole and is ruining AFL, he's made it into a plastic organisation.
Problem is they would would replace him with that hack Adrian Anderson who would be even worse.

With all due respect, this is rubbish. Everyone knows who the real villain is in this situation and it's not Trigg, Rendell or the AFC. It's that fat lying dog who resides in AFL House.
I agree that Vlad has clearly acted the worst in all of this and that this should definitely be the beginning of the end of his reign of terror.

But what I said is still correct. A lot of people will view the club and it's administration differently (for the worse) because of the way it has handled this issue.

My patience with Carl is wearing thin at the moment, with his constant trolling, sniping at the club & derailure of threads over the last few months. I'm less inclined to be diplomatic with him than just about any other poster on this board (with the possible exception of Slippery Pete).

I stand by the intent of my comment, even if the language could have been a bit nicer. Carl's boycott thread was a childish emotional outburst. He has posted nothing but drivel (in my opinion) in the last 48hrs - arguably the last 3 months.

There's a difference between my moderating and my personal posting. On a personal basis I loathe Carl's constant trolling and derailing of threads.

As a moderator I cannot recall ever having to give Carl an infraction (feel free to ask Carl - he'll confirm that he hasn't had one from me in years, possibly ever). Whilst I disagree with him vehemently, I respect his right to be heard. Whilst he sticks within the boundaries imposed by the BigFooty administrators I will continue with my masterly inactivity..

Hmmm - forgetting for a minute your role as a mod and just looking at your review of poster's recent activity, I actually think Carl has been far more moderate and considered over the last three months, and has offered a lot.

I gotta admit, I thought his posting over the last month or so of Craig's reign was repetitive and beneath him, but he's been pretty good in 2012.

You may be surprised to hear that only 2 threads were deleted last night and one other was closed. One of the deleted threads was nothing but a childish emotional outburst, the other was deleted on the basis that it had the topic was being done to death already and it was just one topic too many on the same subject.
This shits me.

It's happened many a time that you weigh in early with the judgmental pompousness without actually understanding what was going on or where a discussion would go.

My next post was lost because when I clicked "reply" you'd already closed the thread. But paraphrasing, any 'boycott' wouldn't actually get that far. Round 2 is actually three weeks away.

The direction the thread would have taken, would be discussing how a groundswell of public support would force the club's hand in terms of either offering an apology to Rendell or, if it is still possible, inviting him back.

We've seen Crows fans vote with their feet before and the impact it has. How many Sunday lunchtime home games do we have this season? Zero.

Whilst it would have been an empty threat, the news that this 'boycott' mentality was out there may have forced the club to re-think its position.

Alright, the thread title and OP may have been slightly sensationalist but the underlying philosophy/question - how can the fans and members let the club know they are unhappy? - is perfectly valid.

OK.. I could be a little bit more diplomatic. :eek:

What trolling? I don't think Douglas will be in our first 22 for Round 1. I think Doughty should make way for better players. I think selecting Reilly will hold us back. I think Neil should have been sacked after the 2010 season.

These aren't positions I'm taking purely to get a rise out of people and start arguments. They are what I would do if I was in charge and what I believe are the right decisions.

I don't care about diplomacy to be honest, or you disagreeing with what I post.

What annoys me is when threads are locked or closed and discussion isn't allowed to progress or continue. The whole reason I and others come to the board is to engage in discussion. That there are differing view points only adds to the enjoyment.

I don't like others deciding that a discussion is boring, has been done before, has been derailed - this is in the eye of the beholder. People should be able to make this choice for themselves.

I also don't like that any opinion (either way) seems to be further proof of a bias or vendetta. Oh, you're just saying that because you don't like Craig (or Trigg or whoever). What? If you think a certain way about someone, you have formed that opinion based upon the things they do over a period of time.

Hmmm - forgetting for a minute your role as a mod and just looking at your review of poster's recent activity, I actually think Carl has been far more moderate and considered over the last three months, and has offered a lot.

I gotta admit, I thought his posting over the last month or so of Craig's reign was repetitive and beneath him, but he's been pretty good in 2012.
Awww... you've just gone soft on me since I let you win the BF drafting game :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back