Matthew Guy. Can a mediocre leader with a 3rd rate team win government?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, I counted 9 on Springvale road once...not anymore, all gone

Removing them is perhaps one of the greatest initiatives to ever occur in Victoria

The Cross City Loop and Suburban Rail Loop will be looked on similarly I suspect
Yeah but it doesn't fill the pockets of privatised industries that pay for Liberal MPs so it is objectively bad, obviously

The SRL has a lot of the same issues in its development and it's suggested efficacy that were alleged to be true of the original EWL.

Also, the SRL will fundamentally change Melbourne if built, and with political considerations playing a huge part in that change. Labor own the suburbs in Victoria at the moment - the inner city is gone. Basically turning the CBD into an empty void where no one travels to for work or commerce is fine with the current government. Through incompetence in the late 1980s Labor almost killed the centre of Melbourne. It was saved through the direct decisions and intent of the government that followed. This time the CBD is being targeted for planned decline. It will turn Melbourne into a radial city. And it is $200b to be spent on areas largely already serviced by public transport, while roads in regional Victoria continue to crumble and local governments in regional Victoria continue to struggle to maintain their road portfolios.

But Labor know where the votes are. I'm sure there will be a Kos Samaras tweet defending it, and Labor by stealth, in the coming days, if not already.
As it should always have been.

This is the same idiot that proposed free Public Transport to healthcare workers yes?

But according to him you can't get a train to the hospital.

He must have missed The Austin that's next to Heidelberg or Monash a short distance from Clayton, Box Hill, Casey at Berwick

Frankston not too far a walk from Frankton Station (and frankly if they do extend the Frankston Line new Stations at McMahons Rd and Karingal (replacing Leawarra) would be Ideal and service Frankston Public. Frankston Private and Peninsula Private Hospitals.

The ranting and raving about the "tent" at Box Hill is the biggest load of BS, It has glass doors, aircon, flooring and is quite impressive. A friend of mine that has to go to the hospital a lot said it's much better than being stuck in the hallway on an ambo stretcher.

The ranting and raving about the "tent" at Box Hill is the biggest load of BS, It has glass doors, aircon, flooring and is quite impressive. A friend of mine that has to go to the hospital a lot said it's much better than being stuck in the hallway on an ambo stretcher.

I used to work at Box Hill hospital, the ED was basically at capacity the day the expansion (a Labor project) was complete. A tent utilising the large space in the ambulance bay in the middle of health emergency makes sense to me.

What is Guy's answer at Box Hill? Libs have ignored it every time they have been in power. There is no chance it gets an upgrade anytime within the next 30 years given other areas will be priorities, despite the population in the area booming as Box Hill, Doncaster and other surronding areas are building skyward with medium and high density housing, and Epworth are expanding with an ED directly across the road.

1) the SRL thing was dreamed up by whichever Labour flunkies on the back of an envelope without the input of IV/DoT without the usual CBA and whatnot
2) The NBN was a good idea and similarly evaluated by some knob by licking his finger and sticking it in the air so I guess it could be good regardless of process ( I have no idea, nobody is paying me to look at it)
3) It shows how ******* useless the Libs are that they did that ******* stupid PBO request to criticise the project when there are non-derpy avenues available.

When I saw it on the news it looked almost exactly like a hospital ward, and I started wondering what the fuss was about.

The Box Hill tent if exploited properly could bring down a tried Labour government.

There no doubt that the Government's Achilles heal is Health. The Andrews government has had more than enough tikme to fix Victoria's Health system.

It's not that Andrews doesn't know the system. He was Health minister from 2006 to 2010 and of course eight years as Premier.

As I've said before, there are four main ministries in State Government;

1. Law and Order
2. Public Transport
3. Education
4. Health

It's a gimme that Libs have Law and order whilst Labour have Public transport and Education. Health is the toss up.

IF Matthew Guy can come up with a logical plan to fix the Health system then he will win. It's a big ask.

Make this election about Victoria's Health system/crisis and Matthew Guy has a chance.

Scrapping the Suburban rail loop is probably a good idea. Costs now claiming to be over $200 billion.

200 Billion / 6.6 Million = $30303 per every man, woman and child.

Last edited:
The Box Hill tent if exploited properly could bring down a tried Labour government.

There no doubt that the Government's Achilles heal is Health. The Andrews government has had more than enough tikme to fix Victoria's Health system.

It's not that Andrews doesn't know the system. He was Health minister from 2006 to 2010 and of course eight years as Premier.

1. Law and Order
2. Public Transport
3. Education
4. Health

It's a gimme that Libs have Law and order whilst Labour have Public transport and Education. Health is the toss up.

IF Matthew Guy can come up with a logical plan to fix the Health system then he will win. It's a big ask.

Make this election about Victoria's Health system/crisis and Matthew Guy has a chance.
The government have been expanding/rebuilding hospitals for years.

With the added pressure from the pandemic (which isn't over) we're now facing the same issues as every other state which is staffing, not just in the hospital system but in aged care as well which then spills over into the hospital system. We cant just throw money at this to fix it and all the quick fixes that are usually used (poaching staff from interstate and overseas) are no longer an option because the staff just aren't available.

So it comes down to training new staff which will take time and educating the public about what does and does not need ambulance and emergency care which is like bashing your head against a brick wall because humans are prone to being incredibly stupid.

Scrapping the Suburban rail loop is probably a good idea. Costs now claiming to be over $200 billion.

Over 60 years and nearly half of that is operating costs and capex that would be spent regardless.

With the added pressure from the pandemic (which isn't over) we're now facing the same issues as every other state which is staffing, not just in the hospital system but in aged care as well which then spills over into the hospital system. We cant just throw money at this to fix it and all the quick fixes that are usually used (poaching staff from interstate and overseas) are no longer an option because the staff just aren't available.

So it comes down to training new staff which will take time and educating the public about what does and does not need ambulance and emergency care which is like bashing your head against a brick wall because humans are prone to being incredibly stupid.
Move along nothing to see here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Move along nothing to see here.
No just the reality. Plus the Health system is always playing catch up doesn't matter who is in power, very rarely do government build capacity in anticipation for future needs.

The sewerage system, City Loop and probably the SRL as well would be some of the few project that they have thought far enough forward on.

Who would have predicted that Universities have failed the Health system. Women don't want to be nurses anymore. I know it might be sexist but nursing has always been a women dominate career.

No just the reality. Plus the Health system is always playing catch up doesn't matter who is in power, very rarely do government build capacity in anticipation for future needs.

The sewerage system, City Loop and probably the SRL as well would be some of the few project that they have thought far enough forward on.
You're making excuses for a government that gets away with not fixing things that matter. The topic of this thread is how Matt Guy can win the election in
November. Daniel Andrews has failed in Health so that is what he should exploit.

I get it, you voted for your guy, (Andrews) so you will continue to support him even though he is past his use-by date.

1. Law and Order
2. Public Transport
3. Education
4. Health

The Liberals sold off public Hospitals to their mates and shut down our only Infectious Diseases Hospital
Under the Libs they sacked cleaners and infections were out of control and hospitals were actually dirty places

I hope the Libs campaign on Health, all the ALP needs to do is repeat the above

Last edited:
The Liberals sold off public Hospitals to their mates and shut down our only Infectious Diseases Hospital
Under the LIbs they sacked cleaners and infections were out of control and hospitals were actually dirty places

I hope the Libs campaign on Health, all the ALP needs to do is reapeat the above
Spoilsport!

The devil is in the detail. That 200 mill is Opex and Capex.
It also seems to make an assumption that no money will be made.

Under the Libs they sacked cleaners and infections were out of control and hospitals were actually dirty places

I hope the Libs campaign on Health, all the ALP needs to do is repeat the above
I get it, you voted for your guy, (Andrews) so you will continue to support him even though he is past his use-by date.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back