Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that a bit earlier and was struggling to discern the context of the last sentence there. Is he saying "I, Matthew Nick, now value defence", or is he saying "I, the player who has one thing on his mind, now values defence"?

whoever you were, under whatever values you’ve been taught, you’ve now got a coach who cares about defence

I read that a bit earlier and was struggling to discern the context of the last sentence there. Is he saying "I, Matthew Nick, now value defence", or is he saying "I, the player who has one thing on his mind, now values defence"?
The second.

“You’re walking out of here with one thing on your mind – whatever I’ve been in the past, no longer. I now value defence and I’m going to f***ing show it.”

Interesting article on AFL.com with this new documentary about to come out shows Nicks laying in to Brad Crouch about not defending and if he doesn't what to defend he can't pack his bags and get the fu** out, so obviously the coaches are telling the players to run both ways and defend but for some reason the players just aren't doing it

Nicks wouldn't dare speak to Sloane like that.

Looks like he told him to shut up when he started with the platitudes.
my favourite quotes

A wooden spoon season where they won three straight from round 15 to 17, the only victories that stopped the side having a winless season saw the side as a lightning rod for criticism.

Port Adelaide has seen AFL 300-gamer Kane Cornes ripped into the club as “the worst Crows team we’ve seen in 31 years”.

so winning games stops a winless season, who would have thought.

and Kane Cornes again.

my favourite quotes

so winning games stops a winless season, who would have thought.

and Kane Cornes again.

I've seen rain drops with more depth than some of Kane's analysis.

The Crows have their worst season in their history and Kane's big analytical take on it is, "this is the worst Crows team of all time". Yeah, no s**t Sherlock, I'm pretty sure the results had already made that abundantly clear to everyone.

Kane Cornes is a complete dullard

I've seen rain drops with more depth than some of Kane's analysis.

The Crows have their worst season in their history and Kane's big analytical take on it is, "this is the worst Crows team of all time". Yeah, no sh*t Sherlock, I'm pretty sure the results had already made that abundantly clear to everyone.

Kane Cornes is a complete dullard
Getting sick of the headlines "AFL legend slams Crows something something ..."

Its Kane. Him slamming the Crows isn't news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legend is one of those terms that has been used more and more loosely until it has lost all meaning.

Now I think you qualify as a legend if you've played over 100 games.
anything less than 100 games means you are a "star".

I wonder what coach didn't value defense previously? Any guesses? Any prior midfield coaches we had that didn't value defense? Perhaps one we sacked? Perhaps one that had been around for a long time? Perhaps one that was very experienced but not sought after by a single other team in the entire AFL despite his credentials?

It's very difficult to guess who that would be. Not sure you could possibly figure it out

Nicks said that after our Port game. I think, by later in the season, the side was playing closer to what we wanted and it clearly wasn't just about defense. It was about pressure.

I wonder what coach didn't value defense previously? Any guesses? Any prior midfield coaches we had that didn't value defense? Perhaps one we sacked? Perhaps one that had been around for a long time? Perhaps one that was very experienced but not sought after by a single other team in the entire AFL despite his credentials?

It's very difficult to guess who that would be. Not sure you could possibly figure it out

Look if we had a team of David Mackays we wouldn't need defence!

The Triple M commentators over the wkend introduced Dom Cassisi more than once as a "superstar"...
I take no notice of Triple M and the exaggerated wank they use to self promote

''number 1 football station''
'best in the business'
'fie time fie time daynite'

self flagellation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back