Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went to the AFL site before coming here. Was very disappointed with the exposure that was extended to the AFC's annoucement and the introduction video. Given the amount of hype and plaudits that was given to Teague and Ratten it just shows how much the AFL think of our team. Personally I think its disgusting. I know we are in the middle of the trade announcements and perhaps that is why the AFC waited till after 6 to make the formal introduction but hell this was a formal announcment from a club in the AFL. Think the AFL can go f**k themselves.

Went to the AFL site before coming here. Was very disappointed with the exposure that was extended to the AFC's annoucement and the introduction video. Given the amount of hype and plaudits that was given to Teague and Ratten it just shows how much the AFL think of our team. Personally I think its disgusting. I know we are in the middle of the trade announcements and perhaps that is why the AFC waited till after 6 to make the formal introduction but hell this was a formal announcment from a club in the AFL. Think the AFL can go f**k themselves.

Bit over the top?

And you expected what exactly? Don't hold your breath waiting for the media to cover the appointment of a coach nobody's heard of to a club nobody in Victoria gives a s**t about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke with passion at his presser and said all the right things.

I'm not totally convinced yet, but I'll get onboard to find out.

Hawthorn in Clarkson's first year had young Hodge, Mitchell, Franklin, Roughhead et al.

Why on earth would the putrid state of our list deserve the same 'patience'? We'd all be patient if we were watching elite talent develop- it's just that we have maybe one on our entire list in Fog, and no plan to get more- instead we're losing good players for the right to pick chaff.

Bit over the top?

Nah, just what you'll start seeing around here more I think. People need to delude themselves into thinking that we're the victims of some sort of conspiracy so that they can justify closing ranks and falling in line again.

I saw someone post 'AFC vs everybody' or something similar recently- what a joke. As if we have any interest in common with our club's administration which has wilfully abused us and which is directly responsible for our misery. But yeah, let's close ranks with those guys and say it's all the mean victorians faults.

I thought his press conference was impressive. Wasn’t my preferred candidate for no reason at all but certainly making the right noise.

Still a long way to go to turn this football club around but we’re already infinitely better positioned just by removing two and adding one.

Next stop - Chapman.

Hawthorn in Clarkson's first year had young Hodge, Mitchell, Franklin, Roughhead et al.

Why on earth would the putrid state of our list deserve the same 'patience'? We'd all be patient if we were watching elite talent develop- it's just that we have maybe one on our entire list in Fog, and no plan to get more- instead we're losing good players for the right to pick chaff.

I can't help but wonder (without number figuring each move) at the difference between PA player trading and our at AFC. Rightly or wrongly PA are dynamic in making things happen. They perennially finish below us and yet routinely seem to trade/select better than AFC. By comparison our list development seems fairly ordinary. There ain't much excitement.

I can't help but wonder (without number figuring each move) at the difference between PA player trading and our at AFC. Rightly or wrongly PA are dynamic in making things happen. They perennially finish below us and yet routinely seem to trade/select better than AFC. By comparison our list development seems fairly ordinary. There ain't much excitement.
I'm not convinced they have a plan.

This alleged dynamic decision making hasn't exactly yielded on field success

Time will tell. He presented well yesterday.. spoke well and looked very confident but like most coaches when they are appointed they all talk well etc.
We must all support him.. 2020 we should all let him get his feet under the desk and let him change the place so hopefully there are no "#Nicksout" things floating around lol
All the best, Matty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back