Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a pretty big crappiness window there Southern!
I’m usually more glass half full guy, but even the more pessimistic amongst us will see us in finals contention within 4 years, say.
I would be genuinely surprised if we are not making finals by 2022.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think there's any reason to think that we'll upswing any time soon- I don't think we've begun to even access talent capable of turning us into a contender. Not very good picks in low quality drafts, but in high volume, are not a premiership formula. We mistimed our replenish.

One has to wonder for those that believe we'll never win a flag again... why continue supporting a club that has absolutely no hope (in your eyes)? Just doesn't make sense.

You've posted this dull routine like a gazillion times by now. How many more times do you intend to subject us to it?

Yes, you're the one true fan because you think a failed model if repeated will suddenly succeed.

I can’t remember the last off-season that sparked as little interest on here as this one. No one seems to really care at all

my guess is that we are all crossing our fingers and hoping these speculative appointments with big question marks over them, work out whilst not believing too hard that they will

Kelly sounds a great guy, but he’s just been appointed to a footy ops role with little to no ops experience. Nicks again seems a good guy, but has excited no one into believing we’ve got the next big thing

not either blokes fault either

our much vaunted culture position still open...

no new assistant appointments

It all feels very “we exist to exist” right now

Things can change very quickly. A Win in round 1 will have the 2020 premiership sewn up. Followed by a loss that will lead to "Sack Nicks" avatars everywhere.

it’s not exactly screaming quietly competent, sneaking below the radar. More, meh who cares nothing to see here
Bit hard to scrutinise the new staff who have only been here a few months.

How about we wait to the actual season to see how they are performing, rather than this preemptive stuff...

The longer the club keeps dishing up mediocrity don’t worry supporters will jump off
Many already did & many more threatened too... which hopefully is waking the club out of their slumber.

Plus Nicks has the veneer of a Sando. Hoping the substance is different, but can’t trust any appointment from Roo et al yet. That’s why the malaise I reckon, the nagging feeling that anything Roo and Chappy support is destined for failure.
I don't get the Nicks v Sando comparison.

Will judge Nicks on his own merits, but the initial impression is he has more strategic clue than Sando.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've posted this dull routine like a gazillion times by now. How many more times do you intend to subject us to it?

Yes, you're the one true fan because you think a failed model if repeated will suddenly succeed.

I guess we should count ourselves lucky that you don’t repeat the same s**t over and over

never got to find out. Was hopeful, but he did stick with out of form mediocrity until his passing. Solid evidence that was about to change, but he backed them in a fair way.
Kelly, Cameron, Mcrouch, Knight, CEY, Atkins, Lever, had played 16 games between them before Walsh and added 91 that season.

I'd like to see us get 90 games out of Jones, McHenry, McAsey, Sholl, Himmelberg, McAdam, Davis this year and still be 7 & 5 at the half way mark.

He also made Tex captain which was seriously left field

And what, you haven’t posted your bullshit pessimist crap a gazillion and two times? I’m not standing up for the club here. I’m just calling out the people who continue to be doom and gloom, yet are STILL HERE? Who looks stupider now?

And what, you haven’t posted your bullshit pessimist crap a gazillion and two times? I’m not standing up for the club here. I’m just calling out the people who continue to be doom and gloom, yet are STILL HERE? Who looks stupider now?

If the doom and gloom stopped supporting you’d be into them as fair weather supporters.

Do you really want me to answer that?

Is this going to end like every other time you've claimed moral superiority for your purported capacity to entertain delusional happiness? If so, can I just read the last few times over and spare us both the farce?

I don't get the Nicks v Sando comparison.

Will judge Nicks on his own merits, but the initial impression is he has more strategic clue than Sando.
Nor do I. Ruccuito wasn’t involved in Sando’s appointment, yet realised his weaknesses and moved him on. Doesn’t make much sense to me that he would suddenly backflip

One has to wonder for those that believe we'll never win a flag again... why continue supporting a club that has absolutely no hope (in your eyes)? Just doesn't make sense.
Logically, walking away will be the next step. This is from someone who attends every game (since the start), and does not leave until the final siren, regardless. I am not a fair weather supporter, I am rusted on.

It's a tough league, to the point of being unfair. You need to be great in all aspects to win a flag. There is absolutely no evidence that the club can or will do what it takes to succeed in this league, but plenty of evidence to the contrary.

I'm sure they will win one again, someday, but not sure it will be in my lifetime.

Logically, walking away will be the next step. This is from someone who attends every game (since the start), and does not leave until the final siren, regardless. I am not a fair weather supporter, I am rusted on.

It's a tough league, to the point of being unfair. You need to be great in all aspects to win a flag. There is absolutely no evidence that the club can or will do what it takes to succeed in this league, but plenty of evidence to the contrary.

I'm sure they will win one again, someday, but not sure it will be in my lifetime.
Are you in your 80s or something? That’s a very dramatic post.

Are you in your 80s or something? That’s a very dramatic post.
Only if you choose to ignore everything that’s happened to date.

We have deep seated cultural issues that have been present for all but two seasons of our history. The governance over the last two seasons was astonishingly bad.

It will take another take-no-bullshit Blight type to overcome it, plus access to a group of players that we haven’t had since the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back