List Mgmt. Mav Weller rumoured to possibly soon be picked up in near-ish future, maybe (bumped thread alert!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I may have missed it, but is there any real source for the Milera wanting to leave thing? Has it been reported anywhere because all I have seen is rumors on here and that badly worded tweet?

I may have missed it, but is there any real source for the Milera wanting to leave thing? Has it been reported anywhere because all I have seen is rumors on here and that badly worded tweet?

There's been plenty of rumour getting around for the last two seasons he wanted a move home. I reckon his strange contract clause gives the rumours plenty of substance.

Contract clause?

Something along the lines that if he walks from the club he can't sign on with another team for the remainder of his contract length. So given he's contracted next year, even if he walked out on the club this season and terminated his employment he couldn't sign onto another afl team at the end of next year. He'd have to be a high risk of walking for that clause to be in his contract.

No! And we probably won't until rookie draft as we have no room for him!

So Saad being delisted gives us 4 spots (Curren, picks 3, 18 & 19)....we'd then have to delist a contracted player to open a spot for Weller. It happened with Winmar so quite possible. There'd be a few nervous players IMO.

Something along the lines that if he walks from the club he can't sign on with another team for the remainder of his contract length. So given he's contracted next year, even if he walked out on the club this season and terminated his employment he couldn't sign onto another afl team at the end of next year. He'd have to be a high risk of walking for that clause to be in his contract.

Sounds like a standard 'no compete' clause. Basically states if you void the contract by quitting or breaking certain rules then you cant sign for a team/organisation that is in competition with your employer until a set time limit expires.

I'd think every contract would have that. Otherwise there would be disgruntled players walking out on clubs, while under contract, and looking to sign elsewhere.

Wellers a spud, don't want unless it's via the rookie and he gets his ego in line with his footy ability.
sorry but I do want.

way to much upside not to give him a crack, who cares in the slightest if he is arrogant?

I think Weller is better than any of our bottom 6. Good midfield depth which is what we don't currently have.

Second chances folks - hasn't it happened to you? (It has to me many times) Most people grab a second chance with both hands as the shock of losing your first chance makes you determined to work even harder or make things work better to ensure things carry on the way you want them too.

Saying all that - unlikely we will delist anyone else so would have to be a rookie spot for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Weller is better than any of our bottom 6. Good midfield depth which is what we don't currently have.

Second chances folks - hasn't it happened to you? (It has to me many times) Most people grab a second chance with both hands as the shock of losing your first chance makes you determined to work even harder or make things work better to ensure things carry on the way you want them too.

Saying all that - unlikely we will delist anyone else so would have to be a rookie spot for mine.
Wait, wouldn't that be a third, fourth, fifth, etc chance...?

Other than that, I agree with you entirely...

Ooh, that's definitely thread worthy.

Can you have a bottom 6 when you are rebuilding and getting games into as many as possible? There's about 15-20 that would qualify.

Can you have a bottom 6 when you are rebuilding and getting games into as many as possible? There's about 15-20 that would qualify.
Exactly, which is why it's threadworthy. We'll spend as much time discussing the validity of even having a bottom 6, as we will figuring out who they are.

Then we'll start comparing them to the bottom 6 of 2009 or 2010... ooh baby...

Weller was 4th best on ground according to the papers in his last match. He also had 27 possessions. That is in a team with Ablett, Jaeger O, Bennell and Prestia. He was playing mostly as a rebounding defender this year also.

He isn't a spud.

Exactly, which is why it's threadworthy. We'll spend as much time discussing the validity of even having a bottom 6, as we will figuring out who they are.

Then we'll start comparing them to the bottom 6 of 2009 or 2010... ooh baby...

Give us all something to do from Dec - Feb :p

Seems to be Josh toy mk 2. Talented but ultimately left on the shelf
I could be wrong but doesn't josh toy have some rare lung condition that severely restricted his running capacity?

Weller has just been played out of position...

Been in the system 4 years in a poor team, I'll happily pass unless it's a rookie spot, which it would be if he gets a chance. Also a fair chance he is training so St Kilda can convince these blokes to play at Sandy.
As far as Josh Toy goes, he has a heart condition.

Been in the system 4 years in a poor team, I'll happily pass unless it's a rookie spot, which it would be if he gets a chance. Also a fair chance he is training so St Kilda can convince these blokes to play at Sandy.
As far as Josh Toy goes, he has a heart condition.
"Poor team"? more like a team loaded with talent. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back