Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought his development stalled a bit last year, but this year is a vastly different story. His first few weeks of the VFL season have been superb, strong hands, out bodying bigger more experienced opponents, some brilliant and dominant taps to our advantage and nice field kicking. Would seriously consider playing him alongside Grundy next time we play the eagles; let's see how their two rucks go against two rucks.

It’s the sort of outside the square thinking I love. Once Nic Nat returns giving them a different look might be a key to victory because right now it feels like we’re beating our heads against a brick wall whenever we come up against them.

I see a pretty big issue though. Unfortunately he’s at least 30-40 AFL matches off being a guy that can impact at senior level. For him to give us anything we’d need to pump games into him immediately and the balance is spot on against the other 16 teams so I’d be real cautious of upsetting the apple cart. The only realistic way to do it is to drop Mihocek ATM which isn’t happening.

The radio commentators today think Lynch is a real talent. Which is funny because he seems to have flown under the radar here at BF a little. Good to hear he is progressing well. He's always been an elite aerobic athlete, it's his football skills and smarts that needed development. The comments from the radio indicate his kicking has really improved. A 200cm endurance athlete running around the forward arc is handy.

The radio commentators today think Lynch is a real talent. Which is funny because he seems to have flown under the radar here at BF a little. Good to hear he is progressing well. He's always been an elite aerobic athlete, it's his football skills and smarts that needed development. The comments from the radio indicate his kicking has really improved. A 200cm endurance athlete running around the forward arc is handy.
Think a lot rate him just not much to talk about, we know he’s a talent he was demanding a pay rise for memory, it’s just hard to get a game when you’re playing behind Grundy

Great to hear he's making strides, that's exactly what we need.

Grundy needs a dedicated back up who is AFL standard. He can't do everything and Cox, Roughy and Moore are all getting the job done in KPP roles.

Was Very Promising Today in VFL.

1st Time I could say IF Grundy needed a Rest then Lynch could come in for a week or 2 and at least Compete at AFL Level

He's a keeper.
Once he learns some consistent aggression he will be a ripper.

He might have same Problem as Witts. Struggle to get a Game with Grundy in the Team.

Might Trade him for a Good Draft Pick or Player

Actually he had a Few Really Nice Kicks to our Forward line today

Thought his development stalled a bit last year, but this year is a vastly different story. His first few weeks of the VFL season have been superb, strong hands, out bodying bigger more experienced opponents, some brilliant and dominant taps to our advantage and nice field kicking. Would seriously consider playing him alongside Grundy next time we play the eagles; let's see how their two rucks go against two rucks.

I actually thought he improved dramatically in 2018. Went from being the most uncoordinated player I can recall watching on a footy field in 2017 to a competent ruckman who was starting to impact around the ground. He started working to good spots as a link-up player and started to clunk some marks when moved forward. I think that progress has continued this season YTD and I don't think he'd look out of place if asked to mind Grundy's spot for a week or 2.

Ideally though IMHO, we won't see him until 2020 at senior level barring injury and he'll continue to quietly progress in the VFL. The intro of Reid last week showed we have options if we want to introduce a 3rd tall forward option to change up how we're playing against the Weagles and Cats.

I actually thought he improved dramatically in 2018. Went from being the most uncoordinated player I can recall watching on a footy field in 2017 to a competent ruckman who was starting to impact around the ground. He started working to good spots as a link-up player and started to clunk some marks when moved forward. I think that progress has continued this season YTD and I don't think he'd look out of place if asked to mind Grundy's spot for a week or 2.

Ideally though IMHO, we won't see him until 2020 at senior level barring injury and he'll continue to quietly progress in the VFL. The intro of Reid last week showed we have options if we want to introduce a 3rd tall forward option to change up how we're playing against the Weagles and Cats.
So you reckon we promote him to the senior list at the end of the year?

So you reckon we promote him to the senior list at the end of the year?

I was happy for him to be promoted after his 2018 season if we'd had to. He remains a longer term prospect but the advances have been very promising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Cox gone for the Season I reckon Lynch might get a Debut

I think you might be right Dave, at least until we get either Reid or Moore back.

With Cox gone for the Season I reckon Lynch might get a Debut

I think they will go with Goldsack……….two miracles in two years for him.

Could but been playing down back all season

Its will only be until Moore or Reid is ready.

Not that I have a problem with Lynch........he played forward yesterday and during the season so it is a possibility Dave.

Would be a big ask, but seems the only likely option. Especially this week, if Dees keep Preuss in there

Good luck to him if he gets the nod

Would love to see it. Been playing injured the last couple of weeks though i reckon. Ruck time has gone down considerably I noticed and he’s been bandaged up heavily.

Is it injuries or a want to expose him to opportunity outside the ruck that see him playing more forward?

Goldy goes back and Roughead takes on the Cox role?

I wouldn't be messing with our defence personally.

Goldsack is a short term fix until Reid or Moore are ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back