Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

He might be a good player but then again, he mightn't...

I think this is what I've been trying to say, pretty much. I'll make my mind up about Lynch when he makes my mind up for me.

Big maxy should mould his game to Stefan Martin from the lions and actually paddy Ryder with the ability to pinch hit. Over the past seasons he has shown the ability to snag a goal. Still young and hasn't had a clear run. Far from a finished prospect, kinda reminds me with of Ben Hudson with his workrate also.

A few promising moments against what
Big maxy should mould his game to Stefan Martin from the lions and actually paddy Ryder with the ability to pinch hit. Over the past seasons he has shown the ability to snag a goal. Still young and hasn't had a clear run. Far from a finished prospect, kinda reminds me with of Ben Hudson with his workrate also.

When did he do this? Or is the emphasis on "a"

Not sure what you're after or suggesting or what you were expecting. Thought he more than held his own against Gawn and Pruese in the 1st quarter, won his fair share of taps. Got rag-dolled a bit after that but still managed to grab a couple of marks and impact. As I say, given his relative inexperience, I thought there were a few positives.

Was up against it in that practice game, hopefully another solid learning year in the VFL and he positions himself for another contract and a chance for senior selection - this is his final year of his current deal?

Not sure what you're after or suggesting or what you were expecting. Thought he more than held his own against Gawn and Pruese in the 1st quarter, won his fair share of taps. Got rag-dolled a bit after that but still managed to grab a couple of marks and impact. As I say, given his relative inexperience, I thought there were a few positives.

Sorry. I stuffed up with my quoting, I'm not sure how I ended up quoting your comment as well as Get Gaffs. I was simply referring to the claim that "Over the past seasons he has shown the ability to snag a goal."

Sorry. I stuffed up with my quoting, I'm not sure how I ended up quoting your comment as well as Get Gaffs. I was simply referring to the claim that "Over the past seasons he has shown the ability to snag a goal."

No worries.

Has kicked a few at VFL level. Spent a bit of time playing forward over the last couple of seasons.

In past preseason games and vfl games he snuck out the back and got a cheeky goal on a few occasions which had people comparing to Gault, scored first goal of the game a couple of times.

This was mostly during the start of his rookie season as cox and Grundy were pitted against each other most preseason following witts departure. Over the course of that vfl season White went back with Cox playing considersble time in the ruck rotating with Keefe. Lynch and Mitch McCarthy played up foward, sometimes offering a chop out in the ruck however as the season progressed he gradually shifted into more of a ruck role.

Now this is only a small sample size to judge him off but the times he has spent up forward he has shown a bit of nous. It's only bits and pieces so far but that's what you expect from a project ruckmen, something to work with, needs to put it all together on a consistent basis. Hard to see him getting any game time tho as our setup won't allow it barring injury, good to have waiting in the wings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In past preseason games and vfl games he snuck out the back and got a cheeky goal on a few occasions which had people comparing to Gault, scored first goal of the game a couple of times.

This was mostly during the start of his rookie season as cox and Grundy were pitted against each other most preseason following witts departure. Over the course of that vfl season White went back with Cox playing considersble time in the ruck rotating with Keefe. Lynch and Mitch McCarthy played up foward, sometimes offering a chop out in the ruck however as the season progressed he gradually shifted into more of a ruck role.

Now this is only a small sample size to judge him off but the times he has spent up forward he has shown a bit of nous. It's only bits and pieces so far but that's what you expect from a project ruckmen, something to work with, needs to put it all together on a consistent basis. Hard to see him getting any game time tho as our setup won't allow it barring injury, good to have waiting in the wings.

I don't think it is that hard to see him get some game time. I was a big fan of the recruitment of Roughhead, because I thought we were desperately short of ruck back up - if Grundy misses any games, I'd like Cox to remain up forward, but if a 20 year old can offer that back up it will be even better than Roughhead..

I agree, would keep cox up forward and max act in the ruck. Develop them in the positions they will be playing long term. Handy prospect

Has the physical attributes (height size, running capacity) and is still only 20. But hit outs to advantage? Presence around the ground? Time will tell.

And let's face it... we are on a hiding to nothing with young Max.

If he underwhelms we cut him, and if he excels then he requests a trade and we get nothing for a kid with zero to few AFL games under his belt like it happened with Witts.

The best hope is that the porridge is just right... young Lynch is a capable understudy who is content with having the #2 mantle in years to come.

Thought his development stalled a bit last year, but this year is a vastly different story. His first few weeks of the VFL season have been superb, strong hands, out bodying bigger more experienced opponents, some brilliant and dominant taps to our advantage and nice field kicking. Would seriously consider playing him alongside Grundy next time we play the eagles; let's see how their two rucks go against two rucks.

Thought his development stalled a bit last year, but this year is a vastly different story. His first few weeks of the VFL season have been superb, strong hands, out bodying bigger more experienced opponents, some brilliant and dominant taps to our advantage and nice field kicking. Would seriously consider playing him alongside Grundy next time we play the eagles; let's see how their two rucks go against two rucks.
that is what I was thinking vs the eagles, De Goey in the middle to monster Shuey and another big to help combat Gov... Lynch may be that guy

that is what I was thinking vs the eagles, De Goey in the middle to monster Shuey and another big to help combat Gov... Lynch may be that guy
Playing another ruck as the extra big would allow Cox to stay forward permanently; while Grundy or Lynch could float forward or back when not rucking. We need to tried something different.

Playing another ruck as the extra big would allow Cox to stay forward permanently; while Grundy or Lynch could float forward or back when not rucking. We need to tried something different.
Why do we need to try something different off the back of a 62 point win in the seniors?

Why do we need to try something different off the back of a 62 point win in the seniors?
The post was in reference to the next time we play WC (see a couple of posts up or the quote).

Great news, we need another tall against teams like West Coast and Adelaide. Also just to give Grundy a break, he can’t keep rucking 90% game time otherwise we will ruin him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back