List Mgmt. McCartin how much more time does he need?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
McCartin how much more time does he need before we put a line through him as the biggest No 1 draft failure since Jack Watts? He has shown very little to date that would confirm using our 1st draft pick on him was the right move. He is injury prone eg concussion and related diabetes issues. He is meant to be some marking colossus but we havent seen that? He cant kick straight to save himself.

Trout he may a great young man but as a footballer Im calling it he is a No 1 dud!

I don't think the forward line setup suits him. Couldn't get near it yesterday. Just doesn't seem to be much space for him to lead into, and when he lead right up the ground the kicks to him were very poor.

Would love to see him playing closer to goal, but there is a lot of competition for that spot right now.

The answer is as long as it takes. When our midfield starts winning comprehensively then Paddy's numbers will start to look much more positive.

This thread topic sucks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't believe the turn around in attitude on this board from pre-season to post-round 3, ffs. All of sudden we've gone from praising our list and depth to declaring our kids duds.

Relax. Deep breaths. It's round three. Can we give McCartin (and Billings, Dunstan et al) more than three games to establish some sort of form line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor decision to pick him with the first pick. The only reason I can see that we chose him was to replace Roo when he retired. Well Roo hasn't retired and doesn't look like going anytime soon. Petracca was clearly the best player in that draft and has since proven it.
I don't agree with all this talk of " oh yeah just you wait and see how good Paddy will be ". A load of s*** coz what we do know for a fact is that Paddy is no where near being an AFL player now and that's all we can judge it on.
If only we picked up Bont and Petracca first and then spent the $$ and draft picks on getting a proven tall KPF if and when we needed one.

Membrey, Billings, McCartin all look scared to be match winners - attacking possessions and big moments timidly.

Paddy's body is way off it. So plenty of water to go under the bridge.

The psychological side of some of our most talented players is an epic concern for mine.

I can deal with Paddy lumbering and not being decent on the second effort for now. But when you've got even a clear mark.. eat the ******* ball alive every single time. Set in stone your demeanour. Don't be apologetic for a mistake. Get angry.

Is it the same Aaron Hamill coaching? The bloke the looked like he'd feast on his own family members to get a sniff of the footy..

I can't believe the turn around in attitude on this board from pre-season to post-round 3, ffs. All of sudden we've gone from praising our list and depth to declaring our kids duds.

Relax. Deep breaths. It's round three. Can we give McCartin (and Billings, Dunstan et al) more than three games to establish some sort of form line.
I can understand your opinion however I think it is fair that others can have a differing one especially since Billings has played atleast 40 matches and Paddy 20 odd ( and missed a lot through form and concussion).
They are not been judged after 3 matches.
Everyone hopes they will turn into good players but Imo it's not looking likely.

Thought he looked very good last week when Roo wasn't playing....

Maybe that's the answer when looking at the long term future

100% this. It's nice that Roo is still playing the way he is but unfortunately that means our next 10+ year key forward isn't able to develop properly.

I can understand your opinion however I think it is fair that others can have a differing one especially since Billings has played atleast 40 matches and Paddy 20 odd ( and missed a lot through form and concussion).
They are not been judged after 3 matches.
Everyone hopes they will turn into good players but Imo it's not looking likely.
Not sure there's been many key forwards ghat have dominated after 20 matches you **** lmao

Paddy looks to play a very similar style within a similar build to Tom Hawkins so if you compare the two in their first few seasons...

IMG_3821.PNG

An extra 3 disposals and .4 more goals.. whilst Paddy has averaged 2 behinds per game as well compared to Tomahawks 0.7. Big difference is, Hawkins was playing as a main target in one of the greatest teams ever, with the likes of Ablett, Bartel, Kelly, Corey etc feeding him the footy.

If people can't see that Paddy's progression will come with time and with team improvement then they are blind, ignorant or both. Bump this thread when we are a top 4 team and Paddy is 23-24, then we will know if he has it or not.

In my opinion Paddy has already shown he is going to be a good crash and bash forward that will provide a contest in the air (the amount of packs where he gets hands to it just doesn't hold on) and will be a good enough target to have deep inside 50. The queries I have over him is his agility and ability to make a contest, apply pressure and chase once the ball has hit the deck. Hopefully in time we will see him taking more of those contested grabs so that the ground ball isn't an issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back