Resource 2023 AFL Season. Crystal Ball Time. Predictions Please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 26, 2021
Saturn
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
It is time fellow Sainters to put on our thinking caps and make a prediction on the season to come.

space-is-the-place.png

Use whatever means you wish to come up with your prediction - stats, logic, the occult, it's up to you.

crystalball.gif

giphy.gif

Anyway, I'll kick things off. Be as serious as you feel like.

1. Melbourne
2. Carlton
3. Geelong
4. Bullfrogs
5. Saints (Premiers)
6. Richmond
7. Brisbane
8. Sydney

GF: Carlton vs St Kilda

Norm Smith: Issac Keeler
Brownlow: Issac Keeler
Coleman: Issac Keeler
Rising Star: Issac Keeler
MVP: Brodie Grundy

Controversy:

Norf and Brions seek new coaches after Clarko and Fagan banned for life.
James Hird appointed coach at Norf.
Justin Leppitsch takes over the Brions.
SOS takes over as coach at St Kilda mid season as Lyon walks out with 5/7 record.
Somehow SOS takes Saints to their second flag over the Blues.
Issac Keeler quits AFL after one season claiming he's achieved everything he possibly could
and the pressure to back up his debut season would be too *ing much.

Last edited:

Saints make finals
Mitch Owens Saints leading goal kicker with 53:12 (330) just ahead of King with 40:89 (329)
Tom Campbell is made a huge offer from Geelong as he fits into their age category
James Van Es cops 3 weeks for knocking Tom Lynch (Rich) on his ahhh’s!
Liam Stocker leave Carlton fans despondent after winning the Brownlow medal

St Kilda to improve markedly with a new game plan and some impressive young players to debut. Despite the improvement we pretty much tread water on the ladder just missing finals again. There will be massive melts but plenty will smile knowing we’ve moved forward and are now primed to contend. Gresham gone possibly to GWS, Callaghan to be one of several young players the saints target from other clubs.

Brisbane for the flag. Melbourne realise that Gawn Grundy was a massive mistake. The bulldogs to implode despite having a very talented list. Carlton to disappoint yet again, injuries cruel them again. Norf 🤣🤣 to surprise many and avoid another spoon. WC to finish last with Adelaide not far in front of them.

I think we either completely bottom out, or finish comfortably in the top 8. Both are better then the consistent 11-8 range Ratts had us pinned in for. Still love the man, fell out of love with the coach.

I think we finish 7th, with a game or two still to go.

Premiers will be Geelong. I think they have one more go before the wheels come off.

Wooden Spoon will be the giants.

Brownlow will be Windhager. I mean Windhager. Sorry did I say Windhager? I meant Windhager. Please. Actually I think it'll be a tie this year, Touk and Andy Brayshaw will tie imo.

I think Mitch Owens will win the rising star. He'll be our shining light this year. I love windy but I was so hot on Owens and there's a reason he went higher then Marcus. Owens will break out this year. Love the boy.

I think this year we won't see a huge improvement, just more consistentancy which puts us in that 6-8th range. Then next year, I think we will show the comp what we are about

But you never know. No one expected Melbourne in 2021 to dominate the way they did. The best part of a new season is we can dream.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

WLD%
1.Melbourne2030123.0%
2.Carlton1940123.2%
3.Brisbane Lions1850120.2%
4.Fremantle1760111.0%
5.Western Bulldogs1580107.8%
6.Sydney1580106.8%
7.St Kilda1490103.0%
8.Collingwood1391102.5%
9.Geelong13100110.9%
10.Gold Coast13100102.1%
11.Essendon12110105.0%
12.Port Adelaide12110103.7%
13.Richmond1012197.5%
14.Adelaide419086.2%
15.North Melbourne419079.7%
16.West Coast320080.1%
17.GWS221081.4%
18.Hawthorn221076.2%
QF1: MELBOURNE v Fremantle
QF2: Carlton v BRISBANE LIONS
EF1: WESTERN BULLDOGS v Collingwood
EF2: Sydney v ST KILDA

SF1: FREMANTLE v Western Bulldogs
SF2: Carlton v ST KILDA

PF1: MELBOURNE v St Kilda
PF2: BRISBANE LIONS v Fremantle

I got us to a prelim but probably too generous. I reckon it's going to come down to close wins and percentage again this year. Huge log jam of sides all going for finals.

WLD%
1.Melbourne2030123.0%
2.Carlton1940123.2%
3.Brisbane Lions1850120.2%
4.Fremantle1760111.0%
5.Western Bulldogs1580107.8%
6.Sydney1580106.8%
7.St Kilda1490103.0%
8.Collingwood1391102.5%
9.Geelong13100110.9%
10.Gold Coast13100102.1%
11.Essendon12110105.0%
12.Port Adelaide12110103.7%
13.Richmond1012197.5%
14.Adelaide419086.2%
15.North Melbourne419079.7%
16.West Coast320080.1%
17.GWS221081.4%
18.Hawthorn221076.2%
QF1: MELBOURNE v Fremantle
QF2: Carlton v BRISBANE LIONS
EF1: WESTERN BULLDOGS v Collingwood
EF2: Sydney v ST KILDA

SF1: FREMANTLE v Western Bulldogs
SF2: Carlton v ST KILDA

PF1: MELBOURNE v St Kilda
PF2: BRISBANE LIONS v Fremantle

I got us to a prelim but probably too generous. I reckon it's going to come down to close wins and percentage again this year. Huge log jam of sides all going for finals.
Geelong 9th !!!! I like it.

Geelong 9th !!!! I like it.

As you'd expect they have a very tough draw. Carlton have a pretty sweet draw and hard to see them going badly. 5th to 13th are pretty close so games against each other are going to be huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda to improve markedly with a new game plan and some impressive young players to debut. Despite the improvement we pretty much tread water on the ladder just missing finals again. There will be massive melts but plenty will smile knowing we’ve moved forward and are now primed to contend. Gresham gone possibly to GWS, Callaghan to be one of several young players the saints target from other clubs.

Brisbane for the flag. Melbourne realise that Gawn Grundy was a massive mistake. The bulldogs to implode despite having a very talented list. Carlton to disappoint yet again, injuries cruel them again. Norf 🤣🤣 to surprise many and avoid another spoon. WC to finish last with Adelaide not far in front of them.
The thing I would hate about the dogs imploding is that they absolutely do not *ing deserve anymore high draft picks after the ride they’ve gotten the last few years. I’ll be rotten.

The thing I would hate about the dogs imploding is that they absolutely do not *ing deserve anymore high draft picks after the ride they’ve gotten the last few years. I’ll be rotten.
Too good to drop right out but I can see them struggling to do make the eight. A lot of that midfield depth has gone an injury to the bont or similar and they’ll really struggle Imo.

Too good to drop right out but I can see them struggling to do make the eight. A lot of that midfield depth has gone an injury to the bont or similar and they’ll really struggle Imo.

I did the Squiggle ladder predictor thing and it looks like the Dogs have a pretty good fixture. They will hover around 8 to 10 for most of the year but then have an easier run home. Geelong, Collingwood and Sydney all look like the vulnerable sides in the 8 to me. Geelong would be keen to start playing youth that have been recruited and therefore won't be as hardened as they were IMO. Collingwood off a unique season where they have won close ones in an unprecedented amount and a huge influx of new players. Sydney has to come back from an absolute beating in the GF and they are very young, they could easily wobble.

They still have an incredible midfield. Macrae, Libba, Smith, Treloar, Bont etc and then they have guys like West and Richards that could run through there as well. They look to have improved their taller timber which was holding them back.

They still have an incredible midfield. Macrae, Libba, Smith, Treloar, Bont etc and then they have guys like West and Richards that could run through there as well. They look to have improved their taller timber which was holding them back.
Dunkley and hunter will hurt, treloar already has injury issues you just need the bont to go down and they’ll struggle badly. I’m a wrap for richards but I don’t rate west on what I’ve seen of him. They’ve picked up lobb and Jones but guys like Darcy and busslinger are going to take a while to find their feet and put on some muscle. Then there are the reports of some loose units and questionable training standards. I’ve been overrating them for years but I’m off the bang wagon now, they need to deliver when it matters and I just can’t see it.

Do the predictions have to be limited to 2023.

I reckon Kim Duthie will produced a child who will go on to become the greatest footballer ever known in the game.

St Kilda will try, through DNA testing, to claim him as a father son, only to be undone by legislation passed by a Victorian liberal government headed by cult premier Christian Petracca.

At 2-4 after the 1st 6 rounds, game plan starts getting run in just as Maxy gets back in. David King predicts we will finish last just before we get on a roll winning 12 of the next 17 games to finish on 6th with Max just missing out on the Coleman to Cooper Sharman. Saints make it to the quarters after bowing out to surprise premiers Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back