News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

His rationale is

He was a die hard Geelong fan pre-draft
Went to West Coast
Played for Peel also so has soft spot for the Dockers

Rather than support any of them post career thought he would go with a fresh team in GWS
Not How It Works Season 25 GIF by The Bachelor

It is a little bit annoying seeing a lot of our ex players in the media be impartial while a lot of the freo oldies seem to massive fan boys.

Even now I just saw a Thriple M video and Xav is wearing a freo hoodie in it

I don't know if anyone else watches it, but I quite enjoy watching the Quarters and Barra podcast. I like Barra in that role.
Also like the podcast of Montagna and Nick Reiwoldt.

It is a little bit annoying seeing a lot of our ex players in the media be impartial while a lot of the freo oldies seem to massive fan boys.

Even now I just saw a Thriple M video and Xav is wearing a freo hoodie in it

Schofield and Ellis two blokes that got dropped or subbed out of games more then any other eagles player .

That’s why they are sour, schoey does seem like the type that’s a bit poor me, a guy that brings up he got dropped for the 2018 qualifying final instead of just saying how good the premiership was he played in.

Schofield and Ellis two blokes that got dropped or subbed out of games more then any other eagles player .

That’s why they are sour, schoey does seem like the type that’s a bit poor me, a guy that brings up he got dropped for the 2018 qualifying final instead of just saying how good the premiership was he played in.
As annoying as this can seem, considering how much s**t we lump on Pavlova, id much rather some one conscious of their own possible bias, even with mates still playing. Even if there is a chip on the shoulder.
And considering he went and played for the Beagles last year? I don't think the grudge is as serious, more a way to possibly just be a faeces agitator.
I can't speak to ellis, not as aware of his work.

I don't know if anyone else watches it, but I quite enjoy watching the Quarters and Barra podcast. I like Barra in that role.
Also like the podcast of Montagna and Nick Reiwoldt.
It was 1000 times better when it was the duff and quarters podcast.

I cant stand barra, hes like that old uncle you get stuck listening too at family gatherings.

Yeah a bit awkward perhaps with him working for the club and insisting he isn't an Eagles supporter multiple times.
Probably similar to how Karl Langdon said he was a Norf fan but has been working for the club for ages.
Happy for these type of guys to stay impartial but still having a soft spot for the club.
Quite likely that Schoey thinks it will help his credibility.

Last edited:
Barra is always trying to talk over the top, it feels like to me when he has a bone or an axe.
I might have liked it if i hadn't listened to d and q before it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which one should go out?
I'd argue neither Hogan nor JW are forward pockets, so both.

But I'll acknowledge that's not how AA functions, so if you booted one for balance you could make a case for any of those 4 to stay/go really. Been pretty even over the season.

I'd argue neither Hogan nor JW are forward pockets, so both.

But I'll acknowledge that's not how AA functions, so if you booted one for balance you could make a case for any of those 4 to stay/go really. Been pretty even over the season.
Maybe 1 should've been named on the bench, but 3 tall forwards is still realistic. We've been playing combinations of Allen/Darling/Waterman and Wateman/Darling/J Williams (not even counting Maric).

West Coast Eagles told to get ‘ruthless’, walk Richmond free agent Liam Baker into pre-season draft​

Will never happen.
As soon as I see we've been told....by that wnker just makes me want to slap him even more😡😡

Remove this Banner Ad

Back