News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

I called it in the gameday thread as soon as it happened - the bloke in the crowd had both hands around Johnston's head, and while there was nothing malicious in it you simply cant be touching players like that.

The AFL is a workplace, and you wouldnt tolerate some muppet grabbing your head in the office.
Curious how this bloke would react to a stranger putting their hands on his face unexpectedly while minding his own business lol.

Last edited:
Curious how he would react to a stranger putting their hands on his face unexpectedly while minding his own business lol.
The problem, beyond hygiene, manners, privacy etc, is that the public person could be violent or the player feeling threatened may react physically in self defence. Both cause great problems and its a risk that must be removed.

A few quotes that shows just how dumb they are:

Do I think people should get death threats, no.
Do i think the people at the west have caused an issue of their own making without any kind of introspective look as to the ramifications? Yep.

They say they have 100% intentionally been over the top and will be even more so in the future but aren't listening at all when people, fans, ex-players,current players tell them to back off.

Suddenly they are surprised when the fringes do dumb stuff in an attempt to help?
Do they even realise the very content they put out often directs those same fringe idiots to attack the kid simply because he is on the cover?

It smacks of hypocrisy and sympathy chasing.
To paraphrase, trolls gonna get trolled.

But also, stop threatening violence over the internet everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1988621

No to violence and threats of course.

However, lets embarrass this kent. Relentlessly. Fight fire with fire.

Oh I think I got one, BRB...
You do realise that this sad campaigner is just making it about himself to try and parasitize some of Harleys fame?

Ignore the sad sack of sh1t and don't give him what he wants.

You do realise that this sad campaigner is just making it about himself to try and parasitize some of Harleys fame?

Ignore the sad sack of sh1t and don't give him what he wants.
I thought his name was Woodcock? Now he's going by something else? The entire thing is baffling, just shut that rag down.

big ol straight bat for keys wing question :(
Thought it was a pretty honest answer from Simpson? We are currently not using our wing a whole lot, the same as many other teams in the comp. It's all about winning the ball and attacking as quickly as possible through the corridor before the other team can setup defensively. If you need to switch the ball, it's basically too late for that fast break. Some interesting context for the arguments in the Chesser thread I would have thought.

That's the trend in footy at the moment, but the wheel will turn again I hope. I for one enjoy watching the clash of different game styles. Ball movement with width will have its time in the sun again.

Thought it was a pretty honest answer from Simpson? We are currently not using our wing a whole lot, the same as many other teams in the comp. It's all about winning the ball and attacking as quickly as possible through the corridor before the other team can setup defensively. If you need to switch the ball, it's basically too late for that fast break. Some interesting context for the arguments in the Chesser thread I would have thought.

That's the trend in footy at the moment, but the wheel will turn again I hope. I for one enjoy watching the clash of different game styles. Ball movement with width will have its time in the sun again.
i guess i didn't listen or go for the broader concepts, other than, other teams do it. which i had as the straight bat answer, the context around game shift maybe less so.
also shut down Schoeys vendetta on taggers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back