Politics Meghan Markle and Prince Harry - Racially Villified or Royally Unpopular?

Remove this Banner Ad

Or simply that the public (or the pubic as the media assume) want a good guy and a bad guy. It permeates the whole of the media. They very rarely have any shades at all

I hope they get a few contracts in place for documentaries as did the Obamas.

Lots of serious coin out there.

I also hope the media in UK, get a grip and move on.

and that Piers guy, gets over his hatred, of Harry getting Meghan over him.
What a twat.

Last edited:

I don’t much care about anything Royal but I was persuaded by Alan Rusbridger’s article today which makes two key points:

1. Everything you read from a journalist or “royal watcher” is blind sourced. The accuracy of the information is unknown and near impossible to confirm. Is it the PA or the gardener?
2. The Sussex’s are suing most media organisations and have joined the phone hacking investigation (to which Piers Morgan is a central figure).

I don’t much care about anything Royal but I was persuaded by Alan Rusbridger’s article today which makes two key points:

1. Everything you read from a journalist or “royal watcher” is blind sourced. The accuracy of the information is unknown and near impossible to confirm. Is it the PA or the gardener?
2. The Sussex’s are suing most media organisations and have joined the phone hacking investigation (to which Piers Morgan is a central figure).

Could live of suing the media, and in retaliation, the media just keep making s**t up.....

I love the way so many people on hete piled on Megan Merkle.

None of you have any insight into this. Its all crap you've accessed via the same media that are putting the boot into her at every opportunity by the looks of things.

The same media that killed his mum.

Can't imagine him thinking he doesn't want to see anything remotely like that happen twice. Or that he's had enough of those campaigners ******* up his life and the lives of the people he loves. Its all some social climbing, manipulative, darkie female who doesn't know her place.

All youse are doing is proving what a toxic, shitful institution royalty is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

or maybe even some unconscious racism from the general population who might be judging her by a higher standard because of her racial background, without even attributing their bias to racism.

WTF? Unconscious racism? Are you trying to conflate someone taking offence even if the intent is not so as racism?

Sorry mate there is no such thing and nor should there be, that's one step closer to 'no one speak in case some one takes offence even if that's not the intention'.

What are you guys talking about? There have been plenty of people suggesting racism is the basis for the criticism toward Markle.

View attachment 805944

All of that on face value is speculative journalism.

Can you link where anyone labelled Markle a black something or other with offensive intent?

Until then it's all click bait for sheeple who go 'aw muh god, msm not tawkin bout kate - must be racism coz megan'

FMD this whole thread is just fargin hilarious!

WTF? Unconscious racism? Are you trying to conflate someone taking offence even if the intent is not so as racism?

Sorry mate there is no such thing and nor should there be, that's one step closer to 'no one speak in case some one takes offence even if that's not the intention'.

You may be referring to unintended offence, whereas I'm talking about unconscious feelings of racism. While their stated reasons for disliking Meghan might not have to do with race, they nonetheless feel differently about black people and this contributes to their opinions around her.

I think it's fairly clear that Katie Hopkins' ideas about Meghan Markle are in some part affected by racism.

You may be referring to unintended offence, whereas I'm talking about unconscious feelings of racism. While their stated reasons for disliking Meghan might not have to do with race, they nonetheless feel differently about black people and this contributes to their opinions around her.

I think it's fairly clear that Katie Hopkins' ideas about Meghan Markle are in some part affected by racism.

Is it possible that is ones perception? I think this whole 'unconscious' racism is far reaching and gives the whole 'woke' movement an unwarranted (even if unintended) gotcha.

Some may view that as simplistic, pfft. If it's intended then it's racism if it's not then it's not.

I don't know much about Katie Hopkins or what she's said but unless she has labelled Markle as coloured in an intended offensive manner then sorry mate that's not racism.

Latest rant from a commercial media website saying the pairs coomercial ventures might undermine the royal ‘brand’

calling it a brand but implying its not commercial?

Latest rant from a commercial media website saying the pairs coomercial ventures might undermine the royal ‘brand’

calling it a brand but implying its not commercial?

I'd say the royal brand is more a political than commercial one.

If Harry becomes just another celebrity doing advertisements for cash, it could be argued that it somewhat diminishes the political brand of the monarchy by putting them on the same level as your ordinary public figures.

Generally the royals have been very good at managing their public image, Harry would be outside that control. Added to Prince Andrew being outed as an uber creep and I can see how the Queens wouldn't be happy about it.

I'd say the royal brand is more a political than commercial one.

If Harry becomes just another celebrity doing advertisements for cash, it could be argued that it somewhat diminishes the political brand of the monarchy by putting them on the same level as your ordinary public figures.

Generally the royals have been very good at managing their public image, Harry would be outside that control. Added to Prince Andrew being outed as an uber creep and I can see how the Queens wouldn't be happy about it.

Personally I reckon the royal advisors get some twisted satisfaction about reccommending courses of action which make the royals deeply unhappy. Its happened too many times.

The Harry thing seems very sensible all round, but chatters gotta chat.

Its a world event for gossipers. It has no impact on the world beyond gossiping.
rubbish. the royal family is a mega million dollar business and this is an earthquake to that business. then there's the issue of the power of the gutter press driving them to this point. get out of the cellar you inhabit.

People are allowed to dislike Markle without being labelled as racist.

Then again, if the life of being a royal is making her miserable, I don't see why she shouldn't be able to cut ties with something that is causing her misery. It's like being in an abusive relationship. Why would you want to stay in something that is ******* you up mentally and emotionally (if not physically).

Prince Harry is a pussy-whipped bitch of the highest order though. Sucks to be him. Too bad!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back